Fernando Torres

In Jose's team if he didn't work hard, particularity in defence, he simply wouldn't play. There are always games were players seem to disappear, he is not alone in this category.

Im not talking solely this season im talking his whole career here, his attitude at times last season especially was horrendouz, the West Brom away game under RDM he might as well have been playing hide and seek, if he wasn't anyway.

I don't get why we can make things happen and get a midfielder - which we need almost as much as a striker - but Mourinho keeps saying he trusts, supports, likes Torres (he doesn't say much about Eto'o and I don't remember ever reading him complimenting Ba individually, he does say the old 'work hard strikers he can't criticize').

I think the strike position is even more urgent because through the good the bad we can defend most time and Oscar really makes up partially for the lack of a better passer and a player with a better vision in the pivot.

I'm not saying we should prioritize any striker over the Matic deal. We need both desperately, so I'm just questioning why we go out of our way to get a MD but we don't do the same about a ST.

Do you guys feel like someone in the club doesn't want to admit the failure the Torres signing was (out of pride) and sign a new top class striker? Because signing one midway through his contract is admitting publicly this was one of the worst business ever done in recent story of football (if not the worst). I don't get why we're so reluctant to sign a top player because it's clear both Ba and Eto'o were here to be a quick fix (and they couldn't be even that).

Another possibility is them trying to protect Lukaku's position, but that makes no sense given how we have no problems packing ourselves in the attacking positions. So while this would sound an acceptable reason - to try to avoid limiting his chances and consequently his development, which may lead or not to another loan - it just doesn't fit our profile.

It'll continue to be a mystery for me, but I do hope we get a top striker the next summer window. I don't have a problem with Lukaku having competition. We could have a top striker, he could be second choice and Torres - if still here (as I doubt Ba or Eto'o will continue to be) the third choice. I doubt we'll be able to offload Torres before his contract expires or is about to expire.

I don't think Jose has ever cared about "protecting" Lukaku - obviously he didn't rate him very highly when he arrived, if he thought Torres should be ahead of Lukaku in the pecking order at the start of the season. Since than they have had several jabs at each other in the media.

I think Lukaku needs to do exceptionally well against the top clubs like United; City; Arsenal; Liverpool; Tottenham etc in order for Jose to even consider him for the number #1 striker position at CFC.

In any case it appears that there is simply not a striker of Jose caliber available in the winter.

Torres has started brightly in 2014 but he is known for his purple patches and fading into oblivion. I think he has as many red cards against United as goals against them - hence he should not start.

Danny Welbeck has as many goals in the League as the combined total of Eto'o/Torres/Ba - our strikers are simply a joke and might be the thing which costs us the League Title. Mind you if we had an incompetent coach like the FSW this season I think we would have been scraping for 4th place instead of even being in a position to challenge.

Torres has started brightly in 2014 but he is known for his purple patches and fading into oblivion. I think he has as many red cards against United as goals against them - hence he should not start.

He also has 3 goals in his last 4 starts including crucial goals against Southampton and Palace and he leads our pressing game well. Maybe Eto'o starts after scoring against Liverpool (and then doing his best to gift Liverpool a penalty....maybe betting patterns in the far-east need to be looked at for that game) but Torres has done well recently.

Im not talking solely this season im talking his whole career here, his attitude at times last season especially was horrendouz, the West Brom away game under RDM he might as well have been playing hide and seek, if he wasn't anyway.

Ok mate. I just think big games, like the one against Utd, Torres is our best bet. I will be disappointing if he isnt in the starting line up.

I don't get why we can make things happen and get a midfielder - which we need almost as much as a striker - but Mourinho keeps saying he trusts, supports, likes Torres (he doesn't say much about Eto'o and I don't remember ever reading him complimenting Ba individually, he does say the old 'work hard strikers he can't criticize').

I think the strike position is even more urgent because through the good the bad we can defend most time and Oscar really makes up partially for the lack of a better passer and a player with a better vision in the pivot.

I'm not saying we should prioritize any striker over the Matic deal. We need both desperately, so I'm just questioning why we go out of our way to get a MD but we don't do the same about a ST.

Do you guys feel like someone in the club doesn't want to admit the failure the Torres signing was (out of pride) and sign a new top class striker? Because signing one midway through his contract is admitting publicly this was one of the worst business ever done in recent story of football (if not the worst). I don't get why we're so reluctant to sign a top player because it's clear both Ba and Eto'o were here to be a quick fix (and they couldn't be even that).

Another possibility is them trying to protect Lukaku's position, but that makes no sense given how we have no problems packing ourselves in the attacking positions. So while this would sound an acceptable reason - to try to avoid limiting his chances and consequently his development, which may lead or not to another loan - it just doesn't fit our profile.

It'll continue to be a mystery for me, but I do hope we get a top striker the next summer window. I don't have a problem with Lukaku having competition. We could have a top striker, he could be second choice and Torres - if still here (as I doubt Ba or Eto'o will continue to be) the third choice. I doubt we'll be able to offload Torres before his contract expires or is about to expire.

I think the fact WHY we did sign Matic and not a striker shows why the ST position is our PRIORITY- matic wasnt an A+-option, he was available and a good option, but he isnt world-class or something like this. there are also strikers available who maybe would be good-ok and we could buy this window, but Mou wants to wait until the summer to sign the best possible striker. Mou wants a new striker, he wanted Rooney in the sumemr and he will want another one in the summer too (probably again Rooney). no doubt about it.