Fernando Torres

I highly doubt Torres is capable of doubling Lukaku's goal tally...unless of course Lukaku fails to score more than 9 goals this season.

I predict Torres to score 10 to 12, and Lukaku to Score 5 to 6. People will never understand that with players like Oscar, Mata and Hazard, the CF wont score as many goals as you would expect. It wont be a surprise if Oscar, Hazard and Mata score more goals than Lukaku or Torres.

Jose exclaiming so openly that he is still looking for another striker just says it all.

Whether he is picked against big sides isn't really a big deal. Lukaku is still very raw IMO and Ba is an average striker. So it should not be a point of surprise or celebration if he is indeed picked against Utd, etc. He is the "safest" option amongst the three because he links up decently well with other players and obviously, is a much more experienced player. But in general, he simply doesn't do his job which is to score goals. We have so many creative players who are there for the link-up play. We need a better finisher and someone with the hunger to desperately go chase after goals.

Your post was good, but you are wrong when you say Torres job is to score goals, his job is to help the team. In past seasons we had many occasions where he failed to scored vital goals, but since Benitez, Torres is just helping the team. I have to remember you that Drogba scored more than 12 goals in just 2 PL seasons in his Chelsea career, but its really hard to say his job was to "score goals".

People are playing too much FIFA 13 and PES these days, Ronaldo and Messi are not CF, but nobody in the world are scoring more goals than both these days, even Cavani is not this kind of CF you would expect, perhaps Falcao is one of the last pure goal scoring machines around.

It's obvious why he picked him, Hull is a Championship level club and Torres does well with most of his goals coming against such clubs which are relegation bound.

As is tradition expect the striker who can't score to save his life to watch from the bench while we play our biggest games and enjoy his 175k p/w salary while playing in the Piss Cup and Championship level clubs.

Dude, if you believe Lukaku will be starting against the big dogs, you should think again.

Dude, if you believe Lukaku will be starting against the big dogs, you should think again.

Why not? He's proven in the league at a tender age. Tormented Arsenal and City. Scored against Liverpool and a hatrick against United? He shows all the signs of a growing player and by his interviews he has gain a level of maturity that gives him a strive for excellence. Not to mention he will only grow to become better with the class players around him and supporting him.

Your post was good, but you are wrong when you say Torres job is to score goals, his job is to help the team. In past seasons we had many occasions where he failed to scored vital goals, but since Benitez, Torres is just helping the team. I have to remember you that Drogba scored more than 12 goals in just 2 PL seasons in his Chelsea career, but its really hard to say his job was to "score goals".

People are playing too much FIFA 13 and PES these days, Ronaldo and Messi are not CF, but nobody in the world are scoring more goals than both these days, even Cavani is not this kind of CF you would expect, perhaps Falcao is one of the last pure goal scoring machines around.

That is true about drogba, but during the many times when we were drawing or losing a match, and drogba was on the pitch, I can bet you that every single Chelsea fan had faith that he would come up with some chances for himself and save our asses. And he did on so very many occasions. My memory is terrible and I can't list individual matches but I'm sure you remember. How about the Hull match the last time they played at Stamford Bridge when drogba scored two goals (including the winner in stoppage time) o win us the match?

Do you have the same faith in torres? I certainly don't. I don't even expect him to score anymore. When he scores a goal, it's a surprise to me and I exclaim to myself "wow, torres scored." Is that normal? Lol

It is unbelievable how far Torres has fallen, I don't even know what is wrong with him anymore. How on Earth could you go from scoring 20 goals regularly to struggling to score against Championship level teams. It is not his injury anymore, not mental block, not pressure because no one give a fuck about his price tag anymore. Yet he still playing shit as if he went 10 years with out kicking a ball since his last explosive season.

As for people defending him, there will always be people on two sides but doesn't mean they are right.

And that's the problem. We are paying someone 175,000 a week just to 'help the team'....

At the end of the day, Torres is finished, the only reason he's the starting striker at Chelsea is because of his price tag...and the fact that Lukaku is still developing his skills.

We've given Torres so many opportunities and he keeps failing (apart from last season in the Europa league).

If you want a striker who will 'help the team'...why not start Ba for 60 mins and then bring on Lukaku/Torres against tired defenders?

It is unbelievable how far Torres has fallen, I don't even know what is wrong with him anymore. How on Earth could you go from scoring 20 goals regularly to struggling to score against Championship level teams. It is not his injury anymore, not mental block, not pressure because no one give a fuck about his price tag anymore. Yet he still playing shit as if he went 10 years with out kicking a ball since his last explosive season.

As for people defending him, there will always be people on two sides but doesn't mean they are right.

He's just lost that explosive spark in his game...and once you lose your main ability...you tend to become an average player.

The only reason why Torres is still at Chelsea is because he's on high wages that no other club wants to pay. If he was interested in finishing his career with some freedom, he would of taken a wage cut and moved to Spain.

As I read above, Torres is there ti help the team. Oh yea, really & how does he do it ? By tripping over the ball, as seen recently ?

Several times, I explained my view on Ferda here. This guy has been nothing but a detriment to Chelsea. Because of him Sturridge is gone, players were held back...etc. If Jose buys another striker & may God be with him, then sells Torres to anyone I go out & get pissed, badly.

Why not? He's proven in the league at a tender age. Tormented Arsenal and City. Scored against Liverpool and a hatrick against United? He shows all the signs of a growing player and by his interviews he has gain a level of maturity that gives him a strive for excellence. Not to mention he will only grow to become better with the class players around him and supporting him.

i guess because torres is 29 and lukaku is 20 and age and experience should take a preference than the player's ability according to some posters here,

As I read above, Torres is there ti help the team. Oh yea, really & how does he do it ? By tripping over the ball, as seen recently ?

sometimes he even dives to win us 35 yard free kick and dont u remember he had one good pass to oscar in the hull match.

that should be enough proof that torres does help the team.

sometimes he even dives to win us 35 yard free kick and dont u remember he had one good pass to oscar in the hull match.

Yes, I remember. An admirable feat for 160 thou a week. He must be the best paid dud in the world, then.

Several times, I explained my view on Ferda here. This guy has been nothing but a detriment to Chelsea. Because of him Sturridge is gone, players were held back...etc. If Jose buys another striker & may God be with him, then sells Torres to anyone I go out & get pissed, badly.

The sooner we get rid of Torres, the better.

Yes, I remember. An admirable feat for 160 thou a week. He must be the best paid dud in the world, then.

:P

We might as well sign someone from Hollywood for that.

At least they'd provide entertainment in the dressing room.

wNR9SzF.png

^ Was Torres trying to send a message to all his 'fangirls' on tumblr and whoever buys his shirts yesterday?. He's good friends with Sergio Ramos, I wonder if he's been giving out any tips on how to 'deal' with Jose.

Although lmao at any player who even dares to undermine Mourinho at this club, especially now.