Fernando Torres

Apparently work ethic alone is sufficient to be a first team player at Chelsea and justify a starting position. I know plenty of extremely fit and passionate Chelsea fans who had be willing to work their socks off for their beloved team even more so than blondie. should we sign them to a 175k a week contract and draft them into the first team too?.

The Torres argument transition has been nothing short of embarrassment. went from, he hasn't had a proper pre-season and rest with us- The system and tactics doesn't suit him-Drogba is hindering him-The team doesn't create for him- He isn't loved and pampered like a poppy to protect his fragile ego and non existent self confidence-Malouda conspiracy- The magnificent achievement of winning a corner in munich- he works hard (a professional footballer earning 175k a week is praised for working hard rather than delivering and producing the goods) give me a lazy Zlatan everyday of the week.

I expect the next line of argument to be "Atleast he wears a decent hairstyle and doesn't arrive late to training. At this rate, some people will probably start equating each pass he completes as goals.

Good post, welcome to the forum.

Whilst it is great to see every Chelsea player working hard, that is to be expected, they're professionals. I didn't want to whinge about Torres yesterday because it was such a great day for Chelsea FC: Mourinho returned to the bridge, Abramovich reached out to the fans for the first time, and that first half performance was sexy (though against Hull...).. and just generally everything is pretty good at Stamford Bridge right now.. the atmosphere is back. But let's be honest, Torres is never going to hit the form that we pay/paid for, we just have to accept that we are probably stuck with him for a while and have to support him whilst he's on the pitch (which Chelsea fans have patiently since we signed him).

Amazing after the good mood around the Bridge yesterday, the return of the Special One, a great goal for our greatest ever goalscorer and an easy win to kick off the season that some people can still find the bile and vitriol needed to have a pop at one of our players. Fucking pathetic.

Was it a vintage performance? No. But it was the first game of the season, he worked hard and did some good things. The fact that some people are bringing Sturridge up in this thread is fucking pathetic - are you guys not getting enough attention in the 'Oh look, Danny Sturridge scored so let's bring up the same old shit over and over and over again' thread?

Seriously. :wank2:

Sane. Post.

Did he even have a shot on goal? A fucking striker who didnt have a single goal scoring opportunity in 75mins. Cant believe he still wears a chelsea shirt.

No wonder José is looking for a new striker.

listen, IDGAF if he doesnt score ALL SEASON as long as we played like we did in the first half. you can tell some players just arent used to eachother (the whole squad has been together for barely a month).

just wait. torres or not, this is going to be a special year, you can see it. THAT is what we should be worried about. stop wasting your time.

he worked hard yesterday. so cheers nando. the flow will come.

so stoked for this new look chelsea.

(really want to see Lukaku and Torres together. i know torres would draw defenders off of Lukaku and vise-versa.)

but to end this rant. cant we just be ok with the squad? last time i checked none of you are the manager or owner of the team. so why dont we support ANYONE in a blue shirt.

Chelsea FC is better than that.

go blues!

Amazing after the good mood around the Bridge yesterday, the return of the Special One, a great goal for our greatest ever goalscorer and an easy win to kick off the season that some people can still find the bile and vitriol needed to have a pop at one of our players. Fucking pathetic.

Was it a vintage performance? No. But it was the first game of the season, he worked hard and did some good things. The fact that some people are bringing Sturridge up in this thread is fucking pathetic - are you guys not getting enough attention in the 'Oh look, Danny Sturridge scored so let's bring up the same old shit over and over and over again' thread?

Seriously. :wank2:

How many times have we praised him for working hard? It all goes down to goals as a striker his paid to put the ball in the net and he seems not to be able to do this on a consistent basis, look at City Aguero scored, Utd Van Persie scored and they rely on him even Southampton rely on Lambert we cant deny or hide by the simple fact that we need a goal scoring striker to be able to fully compete. We acknowledge all the great work he does but we also want to see goals from him which is why we paid that 50 million

lol people really dislike Torres a lot.

I do have to admit that I'm not a big fan of Torres, but I thought he did good the first game. Was fast in his movement and link up play. The only thing that really frustrates me is when he tries to dribble a la Messi.

Mourinho should tell him to stop that. He always gives the ball away when he does that. It's better if he keeps up with his pass and move. This at least help us retain the ball then losing it because he's dribbling ability are poor.

lol people really dislike Torres a lot.

I do have to admit that I'm not a big fan of Torres, but I thought he did good the first game. Was fast in his movement and link up play. The only thing that really frustrates me is when he tries to dribble a la Messi.

Mourinho should tell him to stop that. He always gives the ball away when he does that. It's better if he keeps up with his pass and move. This at least help us retain the ball then losing it because he's dribbling ability are poor.

He shoot??

The funny thing is: Lukaku could not do better in the minutes he stayed on the pitch. But if you go to Lukakus topic, people are saying: "Lukaku was really good".

Hard to be able to do anything when your team mates refuses to go forward and support you...unlike Torres when he was surrounded by our attacking players at full force in the first half.

He proved yesterday how useless he is. Put him in reserves or sell the guy for $1...

He won us a penalty... He won us the free kick Lampard scored from... He created several chances for teammates through link up play.

How did he prove he was useless yesterday exactly? Because he didn't score?

I'm not a fan, but last game is hardly the one to point to for him being an absolute hack these days.