Fernando Torres

Hard to be able to do anything when your team mates refuses to go forward and support you...unlike Torres when he was surrounded by our attacking players at full force in the first half.

Torres will score 2x Lukakus goals this season. Its funnny that people thought Torres was Mourinhos 3rd choice, but Torres is Mourinhos main strike this season.

Torres will score 2x Lukakus goals this season. Its funnny that people thought Torres was Mourinhos 3rd choice, but Torres is Mourinhos main strike this season.

They seem to think they know better than Mourinho in football, guess who picked Torres to start? Yeah our returning King Jose, suck it whiners.

Erm who do you think that? I think you might look stupid with that comment at the end of the season. I sure will remember this if Lukaku does score more which I will bank on him doing.

I highly doubt Torres is capable of doubling Lukaku's goal tally...unless of course Lukaku fails to score more than 9 goals this season.

And Lampard will get 30 goals this season... yeah right. More chance of what I said happen then that hahaha

The funny thing is: Lukaku could not do better in the minutes he stayed on the pitch. But if you go to Lukakus topic, people are saying: "Lukaku was really good".

from the Mail:

The Belgian youngster only touched the ball five times, but found a team mate with each of four passes and the one time he did lose it, he recovered to win it back.

Torres, on the other hand, gave the ball away 12 times in 75 minutes and only got it back twice.

from the Mail:

The Belgian youngster only touched the ball five times, but found a team mate with each of four passes and the one time he did lose it, he recovered to win it back.

Torres, on the other hand, gave the ball away 12 times in 75 minutes and only got it back twice.

How about at least 4 golden chances created by Torres then? I guess you guys just choose to ignore them then.

The funny thing is: Lukaku could not do better in the minutes he stayed on the pitch. But if you go to Lukakus topic, people are saying: "Lukaku was really good".

Maybe because it is true ?

He played 15 minutes in the second half and done extremely well in a period where we were not trying to attack, made a dangerous cross, held the ball and created space for Schurrle to go 1vs1.If Schurrle was a bit lucid he'd gave it to Lukaku back.I dont remember Torres doing anything useful in the second half.

It's obvious why he picked him, Hull is a Championship level club and Torres does well with most of his goals coming against such clubs which are relegation bound.

As is tradition expect the striker who can't score to save his life to watch from the bench while we play our biggest games and enjoy his 175k p/w salary while playing in the Piss Cup and Championship level clubs.

Time will tell mate, I'll make sure to quote this post when he's picked to face the top teams.

Maybe because it is true ?

He played 15 minutes in the second half and done extremely well in a period where we were not trying to attack, made a dangerous cross, held the ball and created space for Schurrle to go 1vs1.If Schurrle was a bit lucid he'd gave it to Lukaku back.I dont remember Torres doing anything useful in the second half.

Remember that chip when Schurrle saw their GK rushed off the line? Torres would have attempted to GO PAST HIM but then lose the ball because of his horrible decision making and scared to shoot. Actually he is afraid to try anything dangerous toward the opponent's goal from outside the box now.

Time will tell mate, I'll make sure to quote this post when he's picked to face the top teams.

Time has already spoken Torres has scored 14 goals in over 80 matches spanning a period of 4 seasons with Chelsea. He has goals against Benfica; Arsenal; United; Barcelona - I can't remember any other top clubs in the continent that he has managed to score against, so a handful of important goals in 134 appearances. The amount of times our supposedly first choice striker was the one that brought us victory are probably not even into double digits.

134 appearances to score against the likes of QPR; Nordsjaelland; Wolves; Leeds; Monterrey; Reading; Leicester City; Genk etc

Jose exclaiming so openly that he is still looking for another striker just says it all.

Whether he is picked against big sides isn't really a big deal. Lukaku is still very raw IMO and Ba is an average striker. So it should not be a point of surprise or celebration if he is indeed picked against Utd, etc. He is the "safest" option amongst the three because he links up decently well with other players and obviously, is a much more experienced player. But in general, he simply doesn't do his job which is to score goals. We have so many creative players who are there for the link-up play. We need a better finisher and someone with the hunger to desperately go chase after goals.

Well kids from africa are starving and probably would do anything for food. We also know they are fast and hungry. Soooo they would chase those balls down.

/jk. no offence.

Remember that chip when Schurrle saw their GK rushed off the line? Torres would have attempted to GO PAST HIM but then lose the ball because of his horrible decision making and scared to shoot. Actually he is afraid to try anything dangerous toward the opponent's goal from outside the box now.

You don't remember his chip in the Europa league last year? Chipped the goalie from almost the halfway line.

Jose exclaiming so openly that he is still looking for another striker just says it all.

Whether he is picked against big sides isn't really a big deal. Lukaku is still very raw IMO and Ba is an average striker. So it should not be a point of surprise or celebration if he is indeed picked against Utd, etc. He is the "safest" option amongst the three because he links up decently well with other players and obviously, is a much more experienced player. But in general, he simply doesn't do his job which is to score goals. We have so many creative players who are there for the link-up play. We need a better finisher and someone with the hunger to desperately go chase after goals.

Please get back on topic. Rational posts like that do NOT belong in this thread! :P

How about at least 4 golden chances created by Torres then? I guess you guys just choose to ignore them then.

What? I already said before that the only incisive things Torres did that match was get punched, dived to win a FK and admittedly a very good reverse pass for Oscar. Other than that he lost the ball far too much and failed to get inside the box when he was needed.