Fernando Torres

I dont think letting Sturridge go is as big a mistake as some make out (eventually we will have a world class forward that will stop us bumping Danny's thread every time he scores for Liverpool) but to say Torres is better than Sturridge and worse try and give reason's for it, is a joke.

On Torres, even first half he wasn't good. His passing was average today and I'm not sure why it's getting praised so much

Because he cost £50m, i can't think of one forward in my life time as a Chelsea supporter (with the exception of Sutton) who hasn't looked like Pele in comparison to Torres.

Unfair? No. Don't completely disagree that his movement was decent but people are making it out better than it was. It was only decent at times. At times. For most of the other time he was on, he looks disconnected with others and still carrying that usual body language of not being interested.

And speaking of movement, I actually couldn't believe what I saw when Hazard won a free kick near the halfway line on the left flank very very early on in the game. Hazard was looking to charge down that side with the ball and Torres suddenly decides to come over from the middle and run into a position and stood directly in front of the space Hazard was getting into. :doh:

Also Torres had only 1 touch in Hull's box........ meanwhile Ivanovic had 6.

Did anyone follow the tweets of the official Chelsea Twitter during the game yesterday?

After Lampard's goal there was this tweet about how Torres deserves special credit for winning the FK... no single word about it being Lampard's 204th goal for this club but a whole tweet about Torres winning the FK, smh.

He just had an absolute shocker yet HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE PRAISE HIM? Just because we were winning and playing well doesn't mean he should get recognition too because he didn't contribute anything. He had a few passes around, made some runs but again forgot to do the MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR A STRIKER, shoot!

Doesn't even get into POSITION so other players can pass to him, just try to get involves and think himself as a CAM. The penalty was pure luck, only because of their idiot GK who decided to punch him and I don't think Torres even knew he was coming, he was going straight down once he felt the contact. For the free kick he actually jumped over the tackle so we were fortunate to get a foul.

Then there is the 2nd half, did he even had a touch of the ball in that last 30 mins he was on the field? Still afraid to shoot. Need to be benched and get rid immediately, if he start against Villa then it is purely base on his name and NOT HIS FORM. Lukaku should be given a run against Villa.

So can the fan boys please stop defending him, when we lose against a big team he will obviously get all the shit but when we win the next match against a crap team he would get recognition, he don't deserve it because he HASN'T EARNED IT.

Amazing after the good mood around the Bridge yesterday, the return of the Special One, a great goal for our greatest ever goalscorer and an easy win to kick off the season that some people can still find the bile and vitriol needed to have a pop at one of our players. Fucking pathetic.

Was it a vintage performance? No. But it was the first game of the season, he worked hard and did some good things. The fact that some people are bringing Sturridge up in this thread is fucking pathetic - are you guys not getting enough attention in the 'Oh look, Danny Sturridge scored so let's bring up the same old shit over and over and over again' thread?

Seriously. :wank2:

If that was the hardest work he could do then he shouldn't be playing for Chelsea.

We expected Torres to be on the bench for the next few years, since he is obviously not good enough to be starter for a club of our caliber and no other club will buy him. No amount of huffing and puffing will change that - some consistent run of goal scoring form might change that but even against Hull it seems it's too much to ask from poor Torres :D