Fernando Torres

All that matters is if jose knows if he is ready or not, he must have seen during training how ready lukaku is and depending on that he will get game time. I believe jose knows better about his team spending most days with them rather than us behind a screen.

Well, I agree Jose knows better than us. However, what I have seen in the pre-season games lukaku looked much better than those two botchers.

Well, I agree Jose knows better than us. However, what I have seen in the pre-season games lukaku looked much better than those two botchers.

Preseason?

A penalty goal vs singha allstars

Goals vs malaysia and indonasia

And a deflected goal vs roma

I agree he scored most goals, but wasnt that when torres was on holiday from the confed cup?

He wasnt really that great when we played the bigger teams, well none of our strikers were and like always our midfield scored the goals

Then why did he specifically asked for him not to be loaned out. I'm having the scary feeling Chelsea is going to wreck his career.

He's 20 years old and you have a feeling we're going to wreck his career?

People on here are overrating him madly. he's not that good to be starting in a team challenging for the title. he's not good technically,. he can't pass / link up play and his shooting is hardly special. haven't seen him score a nice finish/long ranger yet. he's a threat in the air always though. he's got massive potential, right now the only good thing about him is he's hungry. he's going to kill himself every time he gets on that pitch. he's not your average footballer. his mentality is quite something for a young player. he wants to succeed and he will. just not now. he needs to work on his finishing/control/dribbling and passing.

I would still rather see him start for us right now though. it's not because he's that good, it's because Ba and Torres are woeful.

Torres is so awful on the ball, it's pretty ridiculous to be honest. He'll show some good pace and acceleration, but when the time comes for him to make that final pass/shot or to get past the last defender, he usually fucks it up in miserable fashion.

Preseason?

A penalty goal vs singha allstars

Goals vs malaysia and indonasia

And a deflected goal vs roma

I agree he scored most goals, but wasnt that when torres was on holiday from the confed cup?

He wasnt really that great when we played the bigger teams, well none of our strikers were and like always our midfield scored the goals

I assume you have not seen Lukaku last season at WB. See if you can google some of his goals, 17 of them too.

I assume you have not seen Lukaku last season at WB. See if you can google some of his goals, 17 of them too.

I did watch lukaku play at west brom last season, how many times did he start a match compared to being a sub? Maybe there is a reason why he was used as a sub so much? Surely if lukaku was ready to start he would have done considering the form he was in. Surely if two top managers think he isnt ready then i would really go with what they know

I did watch lukaku play at west brom last season, how many times did he start a match compared to being a sub? Maybe there is a reason why he was used as a sub so much? Surely if lukaku was ready to start he would have done considering the form he was in. Surely if two top managers think he isnt ready then i would really go with what they know

Lukaku started in several games with WB, played a key role for them & whether he started in games or not, that´s irrelevant.

Lukaku is ready to play now, trust me. Most likely, the only reason Jose has not giving him a chance, he wanted to see those two chaw bacons to play. BA will be shipped out soon.

I did watch lukaku play at west brom last season, how many times did he start a match compared to being a sub? Maybe there is a reason why he was used as a sub so much? Surely if lukaku was ready to start he would have done considering the form he was in.

I will answer that. A WBA fan on here kinda inspired me, mate. 35 games played, 15 times as a sub - so 'much' as you call it is relative. Torres made 36 , came in as a sub 8. Not that drastic, is it?

Torres had 0,2 goals per match with a shot efficiency (shots tried/scored) of 12%.

Now ... Enter the sub guy for whom there is a reason (not-as the data show on his appearances, and WBA fans contradict) he is subbed:

Lukaku: 0,5 goals p/m and 17% efficiency.

But I know! Its he passing and link-up, right?

Let's see:

Torres: 6 assists, 69,5 % of his passes reached another player

Lukaku: 4 assists, 72,1 % of his passes reached another player

Oy! Lukaku 5 motm and Torres closeby ....

So, how is he in no form to have a go ta starting place is beyond me. You all are biased as fuck.

Lukaku started in several games with WB, played a key role for them & whether he started in games or not, that´s irrelevant.

Lukaku is ready to play now, trust me. Most likely, the only reason Jose has not giving him a chance, he wanted to see those two chaw bacons to play. BA will be shipped out soon.

I would like to say Lukaku is ready also but surely there is a reason neither of his EPL managers believe he is ready yet, he is going to be our most dangerous striker this season if he gets some game time

He was also on the bench in several games and i remember the opposition views from a WBA fan before our match at The Hawthorns and he said at that moment the team played better collectively when he didn't play.

Ironically Forsell scored 17 goals with 1 less appearance than Lukaku on loan at Birmingham, i wonder how many wanted him as #1 when he came back?

I will answer that. A WBA fan on here kinda inspired me, mate. 35 games played, 15 times as a sub - so 'much' as you call it is relative. Torres made 36 , came in as a sub 8. Not that drastic, is it?

Torres had 0,2 goals per match with a shot efficiency (shots tried/scored) of 12%.

Now ... Enter the sub guy for whom there is a reason (not-as the data show on his appearances, and WBA fans contradict) he is subbed:

Let's see:

So, how is he in no form to have a go ta starting place is beyond me. You all are biased as fuck.

Biased? No. I just believe there must be a reason as to why Lukaku is not being considered first choice.

Let's see:

Fair points, but let me remind you all that Torres not being good enough does NOT make Lukaku good enough (much less Ba).

If we start Lukaku against top teams and he goes missing, I am NOT one to come to these forums and write that Lukaku is not that great and so on. He is what he is: a very promising young player who is probably ready to see a few games, but we should not put pressure on him - at least not any more than necessary.

Torres makes the big bucks so he must be the one to receive all criticism when things don't work out, not a 20 yo youngster. Yes, I would like Torres to move on, it might even help him regain some confidence if not form (it certainly would help Chelsea though). However, the situation is that Torres is still our player.

Biased? No. I just believe there must be a reason as to why Lukaku is not being considered first choice.

You said : how many times did he start a match compared to being a sub? Maybe there is a reason why he was used as a sub so much?

I responded he started not much less than competitionless Torres while doing better somewhat :-).

There must be a reason, perhaps, but that argument is a bit unconvincing I believe, mate.

I would like to say Lukaku is ready also but surely there is a reason neither of his EPL managers believe he is ready yet, he is going to be our most dangerous striker this season if he gets some game time

Please tell me how Clarke didn't think he was ready. He started in 20 matches and came in in practically all the others...

Do you have a clue about his ability at all ? Lukaku must start in some games soon. Otherwise, Chelsea end up just like with Sturridge. Lukaku is not going to sit on the fucking bench & play 10-15 minutes much longer. By January, either Jose gives him starts at least in every 3rd game, lower opposition, perhaps or he will tell Jose to fuck off. The kid has a great future ahead of him & he would be stupid to throw it away.

Fair points, but let me remind you all that Torres not being good enough does NOT make Lukaku good enough (much less Ba)..

Ow but I much agree on that! Very, very much.

Still, for his age (on disregading his age as well) Lukaku had a great year (he had those at Anderlecht as well - this boy ran the line for Anderlecht with 'brille' since he is 16) like a boss may I add ! ).

I am no fanboy - he is too raw for me still. And maybe/certainly for a no 1 at Chelsea!

Concluding: Torres is not good enough and never will be. Lukaku is still unproven in a Chelsea type club, very much ! But he has the numbers to make us believe he has a shot at being good enough.

Question is whether if we put the boy on, and will he take the chance? If we never PUT him on .... We will never know will we ..