Fernando Torres

We praise him when he has a shot, Or does a little pass. For a £50million striker, We should be praising him for bagging a hatrick or winning us the game. Not a simple pass which Ross Turnbull could probably play. I understand its motivating, and likely to help him. But its all we seem to do.

It's striking how little benefit Torres is getting from all the effort he's putting in his games.

IMO if there is one thing you cannot blame him... it must be his working attitude. He might get a lot of cash, but at least he runs his brains out every game.

It's just sooo strange how such a talented player is getting so little result from all his actions. Probably the only key to this problems is: Confidence!

Something hopefully Benitez is able to-rive in Torres' head!!

Nevertheless I think he's given way too much credit (probably by the business man in Roman => hard to blame him... a 50million pounds investment needs to bring something in return!). Torres is benching Sturridge, Moses(more or less), Piazon & Lukaku (last season). I think it's more than fair to give these guys their chances as well!

The thing is recently against WBA and City he's barely even trying when attacking.

Of course they had you moron. Put a real striker infront of them though and your pants will be wet.

oh lol , you guys rate Sturridge so fucking much , that didnt changed anything ? Infact put Falcao instead of Torres , he would fail like every single striker has failed at Chelsea , Mourinho constructed a system around Drogba , which worked only because of Drogba's strength , though Drogba never scored many goals , it was always the midfielders scoring. AVB came , he tried to change that system , but he got sacked due to his communication and handling players problems . RDM came then he reverted the Mourinho system back , which didnt worked and he got sacked . It's not the fucking strikers problems here and i know Torres dont make any runs now , and do you know why ? cause the fucking midfield never passes him a single through ball . He used to make runs at the begining but now he has realised he wont get the ball , that's why he comes deep to collect the ball , and when he first joined chelsea , remember he gave a contreversial statement to a spanish newspaper or TV , about our fucking midfield . Not much has changed =P Benitez in his first match saw this , and he'll work on it and you would witness totally different and better chelsea =P

P.S I'm not TROLLING

oh lol , you guys rate Sturridge so fucking much , that didnt changed anything ? Infact put Falcao instead of Torres , he would fail like every single striker has failed at Chelsea ,

P.S I'm not TROLLING

I mostly agree with you. Torres is the scapegoat now so he's being blamed for everything. (That's the way it goes. There is one player who is deemed "a problem" and draws the ire of the fans). Now, Torres has definitely been very very bad with us. Mostly awful, but the system we play is a poor fit for any striker. Our attack is based on running at defenders. We don't get the ball into dangerous areas with any regularity. It's not like we're getting the ball to Torres in great areas and he's screwing up. He's screwing up 30 feet from the net with 2 defenders in front of him. Yes, he doesn't get into the proper areas enough, but it's not like we provide regular crosses in there anyway. We haven't had a high scoring striker since 2009-2010 and that's not all just Torres. Drogba scored 16 goals in his last 60 league games with us. Anelka scored 7 goals in his last 41 games. I don't think anyone can argue that Torres hasn't been poor, but people who think that getting a new striker in will suddenly fix everything are being delusional. Our offensive issues go far beyond Torres and as our system lies right now, no striker would have prolonged success.

Drogba scored 16 goals in his last 60 league games with us. Anelka scored 7 goals in his last 41 games. I don't think anyone can argue that Torres hasn't been poor, but people who think that getting a new striker in will suddenly fix everything are being delusional. Our offensive issues go far beyond Torres and as our system lies right now, no striker would have prolonged success.

I know Torres is performing shit , but anyone has ever wonder why he drops deep to collect the ball ? why he doesnt remain centre ? because that excludes him from the system we are playing , To remain involved he drops deep to collect the ball , he plays quick 1 2 pass with anyone , and run towards the goal , thinking he would get the ball back but damn he never gets that ball

'Just talking about little things; what in the player's opinion was wrong, what is right. I have been working with Torres, and with the others.

'We have to improve some players physically and they will maybe come back to the strength that they had. Torres had very real pace and it is not because he is getting old, or injuries - he has to train in a way that will maybe suit him and we will have find this way. There is some work in the gym, on his strength that maybe he needs to do again.'

The other area the manager is beginning to refine is the movement of the players on the pitch, in many cases small alterations.

'On Tuesday we were working with Torres and with Oscar and we are trying to find this understanding,' Benitez said. 'But it will take some time. We were also working on some little movements for David Luiz , for Ashley Cole , for Eden Hazard and others - we are trying to improve each player a little bit but then we have to put them together.

I really really hope rafa can bring him back, i have to say i am a torres supporter but a club like chelsea needs an in form striker and if he can not get back to his old days he will have to go! There is no other solution!

Well if that knee story that is circulating is not true then great - I want to believe what has been said above by Rafa but I just don't, why is Rafa suddenly the messiah with Torres, why couldn't anyone else figure that he needed to train A B or C way or do X Y Z in the gym? Surely we have some of the best staff/facilities around @ Cobham.

Ergh.

400 pages of same old crap, over and over again ... :D

exactly what i said yesterday, i don't know how the same people can keep coming on here and say the same stuff over and over again Its was so boring like a year ago and yet people are still saying the exact same stuff! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well if that knee story that is circulating is not true then great - I want to believe what has been said above by Rafa but I just don't, why is Rafa suddenly the messiah with Torres, why couldn't anyone else figure that he needed to train A B or C way or do X Y Z in the gym? Surely we have some of the best staff/facilities around @ Cobham.

Ergh.

It's pyschology at it's simplest form...

The Manager can't start off with 'you have been shit etc' - he will start with - how can we improve things... Soooo soooo sooo much of Sport is all about 'mental strength/personal belief'... Look at the great players, they have an inner foundation of confidence, sometimes it comes across as Arrogance (Ronaldo) or quiet unassuming calm (Messi) - but they both have mental strength and belief....

So in 'pyschology' - what people do is say 'fake it' - e.g. if you're unhappy, they say look in the mirror every morning and tell yourself you are happy - after a while, the person adopts this belief - and bingo...

So IF and a BIG IF - RB can do some simple things with Torres and the team - then GREAT... We're not that far away from a GREAT team - we just need better positioning and understanding of how to 'Win' a game - this is achieved through Experience - either on the pitch (Missing Lampard + Terry - no coincidence - both proven winners) - or via and assisted by the Manager - and RB certainly has 'credentials' showing winning (please no RDM debate - I'm not comparing!)...

Hope that makes sense... Well it does to me anyway :P

exactly what i said yesterday, i don't know how the same people can keep coming on here and say the same stuff over and over again Its was so boring like a year ago and yet people are still saying the exact same stuff! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, sure, I understand the frustration and disappointment, but I also believe that Fernando doesn't deserve 400 pages here. Few goals, few dribbles, loads of errors, few red cards, dumb clueless faces and loads of diving...nothing really worth 400 bloody pages! :o Not a single other player has over 200 pages here ffs, let alone 400...

It would be better that some of you went to Didier's, Lamp's or Cech's profile and wrote legends rather then slate our player here and write same shit over and over and over again ...

People give him too much importance, he hasn't earned it.

Quicker we replace him the quicker we can get back to being Chelsea FC. Watching him is more infuriating than anything else Ive seen. He starts off all energetic, then if he doesnt score by the 15 minute mark, he is moaning and bitching and just looking like a spoilt brat. Ive support him for a long time......but enough is enough.

I mostly agree with you. Torres is the scapegoat now so he's being blamed for everything. (That's the way it goes. There is one player who is deemed "a problem" and draws the ire of the fans). Now, Torres has definitely been very very bad with us. Mostly awful, but the system we play is a poor fit for any striker. Our attack is based on running at defenders. We don't get the ball into dangerous areas with any regularity. It's not like we're getting the ball to Torres in great areas and he's screwing up. He's screwing up 30 feet from the net with 2 defenders in front of him. Yes, he doesn't get into the proper areas enough, but it's not like we provide regular crosses in there anyway. We haven't had a high scoring striker since 2009-2010 and that's not all just Torres. Drogba scored 16 goals in his last 60 league games with us. Anelka scored 7 goals in his last 41 games. I don't think anyone can argue that Torres hasn't been poor, but people who think that getting a new striker in will suddenly fix everything are being delusional. Our offensive issues go far beyond Torres and as our system lies right now, no striker would have prolonged success.

The thing is that Torres is the problem. He's a lazy prima donna who can't function with three of the top ten attacking playmakers in European football in behind him.

oh lol , you guys rate Sturridge so fucking much , that didnt changed anything ? Infact put Falcao instead of Torres , he would fail like every single striker has failed at Chelsea , Mourinho constructed a system around Drogba , which worked only because of Drogba's strength , though Drogba never scored many goals , it was always the midfielders scoring. AVB came , he tried to change that system , but he got sacked due to his communication and handling players problems . RDM came then he reverted the Mourinho system back , which didnt worked and he got sacked . It's not the fucking strikers problems here and i know Torres dont make any runs now , and do you know why ? cause the fucking midfield never passes him a single through ball . He used to make runs at the begining but now he has realised he wont get the ball , that's why he comes deep to collect the ball , and when he first joined chelsea , remember he gave a contreversial statement to a spanish newspaper or TV , about our fucking midfield . Not much has changed =P Benitez in his first match saw this , and he'll work on it and you would witness totally different and better chelsea =P

P.S I'm not TROLLING

I only read your first line and yes, you are either trolling or you are incredicle stuipid.

PS: Has nothing to do with Sturridge, I didnt even mention him.