Fernando Torres

Hes gone up a level this season, for sure. But hes still got to go up one or two more for me. Hes shown he can work hard and improve though, so lets hope by the new year he can continue to do so and we get the very best from him. Every Chelsea fan is desperate to see him really explode.

He got a lot of stick for the chance he missed in the second half, but credit should be given to John Ruddy, it was a fine save. The 1 on 1 in the first few minutes, thats where he needs to improve, and thats where I'd imagine us being far more lethal and clinical if Falcao was our number nine. Finishing those kinda chances against the big boys of this league could be the difference between winning this title or not.

You have to train with david villa and soldaldo on how to finish one on one chances with the keeper.

your next missed chance against manutd or tottenham might be the only clear chance we get.

Please beg david villa to teach u how to finish keepers in this international break

@ Kinol wrote:

If we want someone to press upfront, why dont we just but Ramires as a CF and let him run and press all night long, and if we want someone who can link up well with the others we can put Hazard there and have Moses, Oscar and Mata behind him.

The thing im trying to tell you is that we have a striker mainly because we want those major striker attributes in our teams, some which i think Torres lacks

My opinion: Its obvious that sme pple do not understand the trends of a good modern striker. Torres has struggled at chelsea but now he is scoring goals sme people don't know better but to be sacarstic. Every one wants falcao but who is to say he will not faulter like sheva or initially torres. Note: sheva is one of the all time greats in champions league history and torres has wrecked havoc on just about every big club or country there is. What I am saying is we shuld not go for already made strikers anymore but build on what we have I.e sturridge and lukaku and if at all we need a good striker we shuld not pay over the odds. At the moment chelsea is as creative as we can hope for so falcao has nothing new to offer us even if he is more prolific than torres as we have sturridge who is also very prolific.

Yes he should put away more of them but he's scoring goals. Thats good enough for now.

He wont get too many chances against big teams. I dont get why he doesnt shoot when he is clear on goal. He often takes another touch and this has been going on since last season. He may score a goal but he should have had a hattrick yesterday

He wont get too many chances against big teams. I dont get why he doesnt shoot when he is clear on goal. He often takes another touch and this has been going on since last season. He may score a goal but he should have had a hattrick yesterday

Main point for me is that he scored against both Man City and Arsenal - so he iss starting to score against the teams that matters most then i wouldn't care. I do agree he could score more, like the one yesterday against Ruddy, but you can clearly see in his reaction that he is looking for goals now, which is better then last year, and it is just his finishing letting him down. Hopefully some lessons from Hazard would help, or Ivanovic.

@ Kinol wrote:

If we want someone to press upfront, why dont we just but Ramires as a CF and let him run and press all night long, and if we want someone who can link up well with the others we can put Hazard there and have Moses, Oscar and Mata behind him.

The thing im trying to tell you is that we have a striker mainly because we want those major striker attributes in our teams, some which i think Torres lacks

My opinion: Its obvious that sme pple do not understand the trends of a good modern striker. Torres has struggled at chelsea but now he is scoring goals sme people don't know better but to be sacarstic. Every one wants falcao but who is to say he will not faulter like sheva or initially torres. Note: sheva is one of the all time greats in champions league history and torres has wrecked havoc on just about every big club or country there is. What I am saying is we shuld not go for already made strikers anymore but build on what we have I.e sturridge and lukaku and if at all we need a good striker we shuld not pay over the odds. At the moment chelsea is as creative as we can hope for so falcao has nothing new to offer us even if he is more prolific than torres as we have sturridge who is also very prolific.

You actually have a point there to be fair

Compared to the last two season's he is doing much better, but regardless of the form he is in we should get a new forward at the very latest next summer. Even if he scores 30 goals this season.

Why? Because improving teams when you are on top keep top team's at the top also after the double season we didn't bring in any players to challenge Malouda, Lampard and Drogba based on their form in the double season and we all know what happened there.

EDIT: i meant latest not earliest so changed it.

Compared to the last two season's he is doing much better, but regardless of the form he is in we should get a new forward at the very earliest next summer. Even if he scores 30 goals this season.

Why? Because improving teams when you are on top keep top team's at the top also after the double season we didn't bring in any players to challenge Malouda, Lampard and Drogba based on their form in the double season and we all know what happened there.

Agree. I just hope we don't go for a big-money striker. But more importantly, a different type of striker. Someone who can play with his back to goal and hold the ball.