Fernando Torres

Had a decent game but that clear cut chance he completely made a big mess of early on where instead of shooting with his right foot, he tried to cut onto his left foot just summed him up in the nutshell at the moment. Great at times. Frustrating to watch on others. A complete enigma right now! :doh:

Happy with him atm, he's scoring goals which is exactly what he struggled to do last season.

He should have way more goals though, but i guess we should just be happy he's scoring pretty much every other game now.

Oh and he's only 1 away from his 100th career PL goal.

Happy with him atm, he's scoring goals which is exactly what he struggled to do last season.

He should have way more goals though, but i guess we should just be happy he's scoring pretty much every other game now.

We don't need to be satisfied with this. we are chelsea, not liverpool. we need a world class striker that can score many goals. torres could score 1/2 more today.

We don't need to be satisfied with this. we are chelsea, not liverpool. we need a world class striker that can score many goals. torres could score 1/2 more today.

He's the only striker we have atm, come January i would love as much as anyone to get Cavani or Falcao, but atm Torres is getting the job done for us.

Also it's not like other strikers score every chance they get, they all miss. The most important thing is he scores.

He's the only striker we have atm, come January i would love as much as anyone to get Cavani or Falcao, but atm Torres is getting the job done for us.

Also it's not like other strikers score every chance they get, they all miss. The most important thing is he scores.

Shame it's 1 goal from 3/4 big opportunities... in a big game, against a

big team, he will not have so many chances like today.. and if he will not score them... chelsea will be in a big problem...

Shame it's 1 goal from 3/4 big opportunities... in a big game, against a

big team, he will not have so many chances like today.. and if he will not score them... chelsea will be in a big problem...

True, but against Arsenal he had 2 chances and scored 1. Against Newcastle he also scored. And also against City in the Community Shield.

He's doing alright atm, surely a whole lot better than what he did the past 2 seasons.

And the best thing like RDM said is we're not reliant on any player, if Torres doesn't score you can be sure someone else will pop up and get us goals.

Torres positioning has obviously become better in the last few games but then again it could be because we've recently played more creative players around him. If fans want falcao I can understand but cavani? plssss wat are u thinking??? While falcao is a great individual striker I stll think without torres link up play our other players might not score as much and his forward pressing is very good. These two qualities I think falcao and cavani don't possess as much as torres. To cut it shot falcao and cavani might be better goal scorers but torres is a better team player something our coach has always stressed.

He's had a fine game and scored a goal, so I can't complain too much, but if he'd squandered half as many chances this season as he has, he'd have scored around 8 goals already. His game's definitely improved, though. He generally looks more lively now, makes better runs and is stronger on the ball.

The amount of times he goes through then tries to cut inside giving the defender a chance to get back is frustrating beyond belief. I wish he'd just hit the fucking thing! This happens so often. He coulda got 3 today, at least he's getting in those positions.

Torres positioning has obviously become better in the last few games but then again it could be because we've recently played more creative players around him. If fans want falcao I can understand but cavani? plssss wat are u thinking??? While falcao is a great individual striker I stll think without torres link up play our other players might not score as much and his forward pressing is very good. These two qualities I think falcao and cavani don't possess as much as torres. To cut it shot falcao and cavani might be better goal scorers but torres is a better team player something our coach has always stressed.

If we want someone to press upfront, why dont we just but Ramires as a CF and let him run and press all night long, and if we want someone who can link up well with the others we can put Hazard there and have Moses, Oscar and Mata behind him.

The thing im trying to tell you is that we have a striker mainly because we want those major striker attributes in our teams, some which i think Torres lacks.

Sorry guys I was under the impression that our striker was scoring goals and our front 4 were performing excellently together after playing only a handful of games together? Ah.. right.. forget that did we :D