Fernando Torres

He has every right to want to play. He has been on a poor run but he is a pro footballer and they want to play games. If we can't offer him alot of playing time, than it's best for all if he moves on. I hope he sticks around for another year.

Yes he does, but now he's talking about the 'biggest disappointment' of his life, that's in a Chelsea shirt. We won the Champions League and that what's running through his mind beyond his façade of 'delight.'

After reading the entire interview, I am amazed that people are still making such a damn fuss... He was gutted not to be picked in a big game, who the fuck on earth wouldn't be? The mental pressure on Nando has been massive this year so you can't fault the bastard for wanting to prove it to himself and to the fans (like he has been recently).

Yes he does, but now he's talking about the 'biggest disappointment' of his life, that's in a Chelsea shirt. We won the Champions League and that what's running through his mind beyond his façade of 'delight.'

So, let me get this straight. A player cannot feel dissapointed that they didn't start in what is possibly the biggest game of their life? They're supposed to sit down and shut up?

WOW, what utter, utter Stupidity

So, let me get this straight. A player cannot feel dissapointed that they didn't start in what is possibly the biggest game of their life? They're supposed to sit down and shut up?

You can be as disappointed as you want as a pro player..but there's no point telling the media about it, it'll just cause problems in the squad.

He's a squad player at Chelsea, NOT a star player.. so he's got to learn how to sit down and shut up...if he doesn't like it, he can move on.

What if it was Kalou? You would all slaughter him, Malouda even. He's a disruption. Speaking only hours after the great final.

There is a side when you are disappointed because you're on the bench but want to help your team as much as you can, even as a substitute.

And there is another side when you are disappointed and you want to "talk about your situation" because you thought you had to play.

For all I care Kalou deserved this place more than him and I'm happy for Salomon.

Torres should've shut the fuck up and throw his pride out of the window, just like he did with his shooting ability and cherish the moment of glory.

I have been one of Torres biggest critics this season but we are taking this well beyond proportion.

Ok he maybe shouldn't have made that interview so soon but who remember's Drogba's interview just after Jose left when he said "something is broken at Chelsea" and that he wants to leave?

Are you kidding me? Whats wrong with what he said? It has been disappointing season for him and now he's happy with the trophies that we've won. He's even said he's looking forward to the super cup. He was never going to come out and say he's enjoyed the season and its been great because he hasn't....simple. Why the overreaction

Some absolute man babies on this forum. The full interview has since been posted and it's clear for all to see that the original news that was spread left out key bits of information, like him being more than happy to contribute and thanking the fans for all their support because "if it wasn't for the fans I'd of given up".

So the guy wants to discuss his role at Chelsea, so what? You think that because he's paid big money he should just sit there and shut up? Like most players he wants to play. So it's best for every one if he knows what's expected of him and we're all on the same page. If he doesn't feel happy then he should go, if he talks it over and is fine then we're golden.

He was asked questions and he answered honestly. This whole thing has been completely blown out of proportion.

Are you kidding me? Whats wrong with what he said? It has been disappointing season for him and now he's happy with the trophies that we've won. He's even said he's looking forward to the super cup. He was never going to come out and say he's enjoyed the season and its been great because he hasn't....simple. Why the overreaction

Because he said this a few hours after the biggest night in our club's history.