Fernando Torres

As soon as I read this article,I came straight here hoping to know all of your views.If you ask me,I think it will be best for both parties to let him leave because its highly likely that Drogba will remain and if he does so,then I don't think the club will meet Torres's expectation of being played as the number 1 striker.

At 34,Drogba is still better than our number 9 who is still 28.We all can understand why Torres would want to leave,he's had some decent 18 months with club but for 50m,you could say that he could do better and maybe he can but not at this club.

God knows what's going to happen in the summer but I am sure it'll be an exciting transfer window.Maybe a transfer to Barcelona?Who knows,it could happen.

i think we are jumping the gun here, he said his time here was the worst but we are taking it out of context..

when Torres arrived his career was in shambles and he admitted that if it wasn't for the support of his family, upper management and most importantly the fans he would be where he is today...

i think him wanting to know what his future at the club will be is a valid question, personally i like nando always have from his days at athletico it would sad to see him part but with the form hes been showing i think he also deserves a chance at the #1 spot..not taking anything away from DD because he is a legend for this club but i don't believe Torres is past it..

either way should be an interesting summer

I dont think so. He just came and said what he is feelling. RDM made a mistake when Kalou started over him, and made a mistake when he was not selected to take a penalty (Mata wasnt fit for it, it was clear he would lost).

Are you actually serious here? It was obvious that Torres did not want to take any penalty, it was obvious quite a few times that he was saying no and pussying out when RDM approached him. Also lol at it being a mistake to starting Kalou, worked out pretty well didn't it? Even if Kalou wasn't impressive, who knows how Torres would have done playing all game on the wing?

I dont think so. He just came and said what he is feelling. RDM made a mistake when Kalou started over him, and made a mistake when he was not selected to take a penalty (Mata wasnt fit for it, it was clear he would lost).

Torres had a difficult season, and after he said "And especially to the fans, if it hadn't been for them this season I would have given up." I think is not fair to say "fuck off".

He is 100% right. He must know whats next for him at Chelsea. I think if the club sees him as just another good striker in the squad, then its better for him and for the club to leave. He already won an UCL with us, after all, and played a huge part on it.

Actually what's clear is that he didn't want to take a penalty in the shootout. He's never taken one and even Cahill was going to take one before him.

I don't see anything wrong with his comments, the only thing wrong with it is the timing.

If he had said he wasn't surprised and not disappointed by not starting then personally i would have been disappointed in Torres. I don't think he should feel like he is Malouda or Kalou, accept a rotational role and be happy as a sub. He is the club highest paid player and should expect to play in the club biggest game.

He did also say he was very happy to contribute to the game in the end.

I would have been disappointed in him, if he is happy just being a role player instead the player the club paid 50m for.

I think he has also every right to know what the club expect from him and what his role is. It is the best interest of all parties, he wants reassurance the club thinks of him as their #1 striker not as Drogba backup.

Even without waiting for clarification, it looks to be a textbook case of news media making a meal out of nothing. Just consider those quotes in the context of his celebrations and even his performance last night. It makes little sense that he would say something so pointed and negative so soon. FFS have some damn faith in the guy...the last thing he deserves is a "fuck off" from his supports. smh

Actually what's clear is that he didn't want to take a penalty in the shootout. He's never taken one and even Cahill was going to take one before him.

No, he did want to take a penalty, and he said it after the match.

Are you actually serious here? It was obvious that Torres did not want to take any penalty, it was obvious quite a few times that he was saying no and pussying out when RDM approached him. Also lol at it being a mistake to starting Kalou, worked out pretty well didn't it? Even if Kalou wasn't impressive, who knows how Torres would have done playing all game on the wing?

It was clear what?

Torres had appeared to be unhappy ahead of the penalty shootout against Bayern and he revealed: "I wanted to take a penalty but they didn't let me."

It was clear what?

Torres had appeared to be unhappy ahead of the penalty shootout against Bayern and he revealed: "I wanted to take a penalty but they didn't let me."

Looking forward to seeing him say that, can only find lots of tweets about that and then a fucking mirror article. Even if he did want to take it I am glad Di Matteo took that decision for him.

I dont know, though, why Torres doesn't take penalties anymore. If you look at his record with Atletico, out of 91 goals maybe around 15 are pens. And I can't really remember him missing a penalty in La Liga.

But, on the other hand, with Liverpool in 2007 he missed in the penalty shoot-out of the Barclays Asia trophy against Porstmouth. But seriously?? To refuse to take penalties again because of some Mickey Mouse cup? I dont believe it really