Fernando Torres

I pray to the Gods Torres gets a run of games now without being substituted once! Then i really do believe he will become the goal machine he once was! I love how even though Torres has played average at best since coming here we all show him support because deep down everyone of us we know what Torres can offer!

^ not only that but the unselfishness that he showed in always trying to keep possession instead of taking them all on himself and the pass to Cole. But I hope that Torres also continues to use his trickery, cuz that's when he gets that much needed step ahead of the defender.

He was Man of the Match today. He was a class above most on the field. He was getting extremely frusturated at the lack of service at the end of the game which was totally understandable. He was doing most things up front by himself today.

If we are to play him, we shouldn't use the 4-3-3 formation. Yesterday he was Anelka-esque by his stats (only three shots in 90 full minutes, and no one on target) and by his style of play (he was never where he should be, i.e. in the box). Hence we should play him with another striker, because it will be a problem if he keeps coming deep and drifting on the wings. Maybe pair him with Sturridge - who him is more looking to go to the goal - and put Mata behind them two to feed them.

If we are to play him, we shouldn't use the 4-3-3 formation. Yesterday he was Anelka-esque by his stats (only three shots in 90 full minutes, and no one on target) and by his style of play (he was never where he should be, i.e. in the box). Hence we should play him with another striker, because it will be a problem if he keeps coming deep and drifting on the wings. Maybe pair him with Sturridge - who him is more looking to go to the goal - and put Mata behind them two to feed them.

Didier drifts as well, it's because of the lack of service. Torres has always been best playing as the lone man up top.

Didier drifts as well, it's because of the lack of service. Torres has always been best playing as the lone man up top.

But the service won't come. The set of midfielders we have at the moment can't provide this, and we are likely to not buy a good playmaker in January. That's why I've said we should go for a new formation.

He did well and I think he'll improve much more if AVB gives him a good run of games. I think he should really really do it because that could resolve his future with us. If he fails to ignite then we should be parting ways at the end of the season, but if he does then he could still have future here. Forget Lukaku, he is 18, Torres situation is much more important now - as much as I would like to see Romelu play.

Agreed. The problem is in midfield. If you look at our front three, there's a good mix of pace,power and trickery...its more or less complete. But our midfield begs for creativity.