Fernando Torres

Havent seen the game yet but this "2 assists!!!!" talk is laughable. Because that first one shouldn't even be considered an assist. He had no idea where Ramires was and he wasn't looking for him.

He is such an huge flop that everything is good to make him look good lmao.

He needs to get in the freaking box more often. A lot of other players are getting in the box including Ramires and they are scoring, its almost like he's hiding now. He had a good header on target but what other times did we see him in the box ?

Thats part of the confidence and form problem. He under, over, or just plain mishits shots because he's afraid of failing. The hiding in the box (apart from being a funny mental image) is just another tell-tale sign. If he could just get a couple of goals or go on even a short stretch of scoring, he could find his form and confidence again.

Shame.

I hope we sign a forward or right winger in this transfer Window, I don't think we can put all of our chips on Torres and Lukaku isn't ready according to AVB. So we need to get someone as a forward or get a right winger and move Sturridge centrally. A lot of people forget that Torres's time at Chelsea has been pretty much injury free, but he is a striker with a history of a few months missed due to injuries. I don't think that a player that's hiding from goals can really lead us into the difficult fixtures.

Good point. Can see him scoring in a couple of games (well maybe,) and then getting sidelined with an injury....

Havent seen the game yet but this "2 assists!!!!" talk is laughable. Because that first one shouldn't even be considered an assist. He had no idea where Ramires was and he wasn't looking for him.

exactly what I've been trying to say... I'd give the assist to Mata tbh. And during the first goal Mata was where Torres should (normally) be, but I think he wasn't even in the box when Malouda ran in.

After seeing what Henry has done tonight, I might start to query our blondie's class...

After seeing what Song had done for Henry's goal, I might start to query our midfield's class (not that I hadn't done it before). Seriously, that was my first thought... It was a fairly routine goal for a striker who gets proper passes.

When does Torres get a pass like that -but then again when does he find the space like that ?

Yep, he doesn't make movement in order to receive this kind of pass.

After seeing what Song had done for Henry's goal, I might start to query our midfield's class (not that I hadn't done it before). Seriously, that was my first thought... It was a fairly routine goal for a striker who gets proper passes.

First off, when Torres gets a good pass like this (okay, he doesn't get ten of them per game, but it is not like he wasn't getting any) he somehow manages to fuck it up. As Eldo has mentioned, when Mata has set him a good pass, he has fallen... Secondly, if you don't move around and try to find some space, nobody will give you a good pass. When a good pass is made, it is not all due to the passer, but it is also due to the receiver. Look at Henry's goal. He waved his arms to make Song aware that he was available for a pass, and then he managed to find some space behind the player who was defending on him. I don't know for you, but I am yet to see this kind of action coming from our striker...

First off, when Torres gets a good pass like this (okay, he doesn't get ten of them per game, but it is not like he wasn't getting any) he somehow manages to fuck it up. As Eldo has mentioned, when Mata has set him a good pass, he has fallen... Secondly, if you don't move around and try to find some space, nobody will give you a good pass. When a good pass is made, it is not all due to the passer, but it is also due to the receiver. Look at Henry's goal. He waved his arms to make Song aware that he was available for a pass, and then he managed to find some space behind the player who was defending on him. I don't know for you, but I am yet to see this kind of action coming from our striker...

I thought of it too, yes. It only highlights the lack of geling (harmony?) in our squad, players don't understand eachother and even the manager doesn't understand the players fully yet. Henry, as an arsenal legend, has no problem settling in... he feels confident where he belongs, not to mention that the manager knows him and his teammates through and through. Not the case with us. So I agree with you... and Kez for that matter.

Yep, he doesn't make movement in order to receive this kind of pass.

Rubbish. I've seen Torres make runs that way too often go unspotted.

can someone please explain to me how yesterdays game was a BAD game for him????

i just dont get it...

you guys are all jaded on the man, you have his back when he does good then when he just doesnt score but is looking more promising, you just cut him to shreds...

i mean shit, id hate to play for you too...

just have faith in the man, he had two assits whether you agree or not...

hes playing for the team...

thats what we need, weve been winning games, its a step forward...

lets go el nino... we know youll come good...