Fernando Torres

Hahahahahaha, he was "brilliant"! What a joke. He did above average. Nice to see him actually giving a shit, but after the effort on goal he disappeared (not completely his fault). Then he had that one good pass for Drogs but that's it. Definitely better than Drogba but to see people describe that as "brilliant" is hilarious.

I really hope that Torres puts in his transfer request and goes to play for some other club where he is valued more. Torres is an instinctive player who needs confidence and motivation to create those magic moments which he is getting none under AVB so far.

What i liked abt him is that he is putting his 100% into whatever is asked of him which is clearly seen from him changing from a clinical finisher to a Tevez like player.

I really hope that Torres puts in his transfer request and goes to play for some other club where he is valued more. Torres is an instinctive player who needs confidence and motivation to create those magic moments which he is getting none under AVB so far.

What i liked abt him is that he is putting his 100% into whatever is asked of him which is clearly seen from him changing from a clinical finisher to a Tevez like player.

And i really hope that people who only care about a single player in the team, even more so than club's best interest, stop calling themselves Chelsea fans. But it looks like we both won't get what we want.

And i really hope that people who only care about a single player in the team, even more so than club's best interest, stop calling themselves Chelsea fans. But it looks like we both won't get what we want.

You seem to be referring to Torres but I think it also applies to the legends, we need to move on from our legends and their past achievements if we want to go somewhere. People will support Drogba and Lampard to the bitter end when it's clear that they are not helping the club anymore, if anything they are hindering the transition. I love Didier and Frank but seriously, we need to move on.

You seem to be referring to Torres but I think it also applies to the legends, we need to move on from our legends and their past achievements if we want to go somewhere. People will support Drogba and Lampard to the bitter end when it's clear that they are not helping the club anymore, if anything they are hindering the transition. I love Didier and Frank but seriously, we need to move on.

Far from it. Imagine for a second if Drogba were exiled from the squad, ala Anelka and Alex, chances are we would be out of the Champions League right now and, given how awful the current other options are for the striking spot, we would probably struggle more than we already are for a top four spot. So next season, no Champions League, making it tougher to sign top players, meaning it significantly slows down any transition. Far from stopping the transition, Drogba is a very important and helpful stopgap.

Far from it. Imagine for a second if Drogba were exiled from the squad, ala Anelka and Alex, chances are we would be out of the Champions League right now and, given how awful the current other options are for the striking spot, we would probably struggle more than we already are for a top four spot. So next season, no Champions League, making it tougher to sign top players, meaning it significantly slows down any transition. Far from stopping the transition, Drogba is a very important and helpful stopgap.

Drogba has had one really good game this season and made people forget about the rest of his performances. Until Drogba and co. stop being key players and move on we will never be a top team again.

Drogba has had one really good game this season and made people forget about the rest of his performances. Until Drogba and co. stop being key players and move on we will never be a top team again.

I think you and I have vastly different views on football. Drogba had 1 absolutely world class game, which qualified us for the next round of the Champions League, and has had some other very good games. You remind me of one of these people who says, Gareth Bale only ever played well against Inter Milan when in reality he has been excellent this season and had some other very good performances last season.

I think you and I have vastly different views on football. Drogba had 1 absolutely world class game, which qualified us for the next round of the Champions League, and has had some other very good games. You remind me of one of these people who says, Gareth Bale only ever played well against Inter Milan when in reality he has been excellent this season and had some other very good performances last season.

Drogba pisses me off because you know he is capable of a world class game whenever he wants but you can see in the first 10 minutes whether he gives a crap and how he will play.

Drogba pisses me off because you know he is capable of a world class game whenever he wants but you can see in the first 10 minutes whether he gives a crap and how he will play.

Sometimes, like yesterday, he simply doesn't get the ball enough to have as big an impact on the game as he could.

Every individual makes a team and a team makes a club, u don't get a set of player in the market to make a team. So if an individual is performing or not he would always be talked/cared/loved/hated about, I hope people understands that logic.

Secondly and more importantly the man in discussion here is a player for whom we have broken all the transfer records at least in the premier league to render his services. And in all honesty we are not using that asset in the right way, so as a CHELSEA FAN it hurt not only for the club and team but also for the player. So just because someone is thinking about an individual within the team doesnt makes him less of a fan than anyone else. If that was the case why have discussion boards for individual player within the forum, does that mean we are not fans of the Blues.

Lol since when did a 30 yard shot hitting the bar and one pass to Drogba mean you played brilliant? Do some people know anything about football..

I think everyone was really happy with his immediate impact, we're always desperately looking for signs of form. It could easily have been a goal with more luck and an assist had Drogba done better with the ball.

Lol since when did a 30 yard shot hitting the bar and one pass to Drogba mean you played brilliant? Do some people know anything about football..

Torres' every touch is greeted with gasps, cheers and clapping by some people on here.

For me Torres needs another player next to him. He played well Vs villa but if we want consistent performances play him with Studge. I know, believe, and trust that Studge can play in that "hole" or simply next to him in the 4-3-1-2. drogs will never work with Torres for let's face it his ego won't let him! But Torres NEEDS that other player with him. Leaving him alone as th target man just doesn't suit THIS squad. So avb, love what your trying to do with CFC, but EXPERIMENT!!! It hurts to see drogs hold us "hostage" for his 2yr contract and see a £50mil man rotting on the bench.

I think we will get a better bearing of Torres within the next month when didier goes off to the cup of nations. It would be interesting to sturridge and torres play together uptop. I dont know how much sturridge is benefitting from playing from the wing. He has a goal first mentality which does not suit the wing. He needs to play as a striker but I dont know how that would work with nando

Every individual makes a team and a team makes a club, u don't get a set of player in the market to make a team. So if an individual is performing or not he would always be talked/cared/loved/hated about, I hope people understands that logic.

Secondly and more importantly the man in discussion here is a player for whom we have broken all the transfer records at least in the premier league to render his services. And in all honesty we are not using that asset in the right way, so as a CHELSEA FAN it hurt not only for the club and team but also for the player. So just because someone is thinking about an individual within the team doesnt makes him less of a fan than anyone else. If that was the case why have discussion boards for individual player within the forum, does that mean we are not fans of the Blues.

Forgive me, but when you say "I really hope that Torres puts in his transfer request and goes to play for some other club where he is valued more", you are obviously putting Torres's best interest ahead of the clubs, making you a Torres fan before a Chelsea fan.