Fernando Torres

Looking at him on that video...the way he moves, dribbles and smiles...you don't see that anymore...

such a shame...

His thoughts on the Olympics

Fernando, what are your thoughts on football in the Olympics?

Spain try to take their best team, but it's always an Under 21 team, not the Under 23, and no over-age players. This is normally a good team, but they only won gold once, in 1992. I never played, we lost the qualifier against Sweden in 2004. I was already in the first team with Jose Antonio Reyes, and we lost the last game against Sweden so didn't go through. It is one of the things I would like to have done, to play in the Olympics, but I would like to watch it still.

What are your earliest Olympic memories?

I think my earliest memories are from Barcelona in 1992. I was only eight years old and I wasn't really interested in sport at that stage, but I remember Spain winning the football, beating Poland in the final 3-2. Kiko (number 19) was my favourite player and scored the winner, so I remember them getting the gold medals. (Albert Ferrer, who would go on to play for Chelsea, wore number 2 in that team)

0,,10268~10355674,00.jpg

What will you be looking out for in 2012?

Now is a good time for the Spanish sports, we have a good basketball team which plays in finals and is a big hope. We have marathon runners who are strong, and our synchronised swimming team is very good but always in the shadow of the Russians. However I think in the last three Olympics they have a gold and two silver medals, so they are always strong. We will see if we can get more than in the last one.

Everyone obviously wants to see Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps right now. I remember in Barcelona in '92 Michael Jordan played basketball which was exciting, but everyone wants to see Bolt, Phelps or Nadal. It will be great to see what records can be broken.

Do you know any or have you met any of them?

Not really, but my sponsors have put me together with some of them. Rafa Nadal will be there competing and will want to win a gold medal.

Have you seen the Olympic Stadium yet?

I've seen it on TV. In England, these things are always done better than in other places. Everything is very well prepared and well dressed. It is going to be an amazing stadium and a great occasion. I'd love to go and see some of it.

How will London fare as a host city?

In London you can find everything you need. You can do it in a normal day like now, so I am sure London will be prepared for the Olympics. Everybody expects a lot of people, everybody wants to come and it is going to be busy. I am sure the traffic will be fun, but I think it will be a really successful Games.

If you had to pick one event to take part in, what would it be?

I would go for the 100 metres, I wouldn't be the best obviously, but I really like it.

And a triathlon?

For me to try in? Apart from football, I'd go for the 100, 200, and the long jump.

Who would be in your Chelsea 4x100 metre team?

Rami for sure, and Studge, but after that it is not easy to pick. Maybe Bosingwa and me. I will go as the first one to take the pressure off me, and I'll have Rami and Studge as the last two.

And finally, are there any sports not in the Games that you think should be?

No, I think all the sports I like are already included in the Olympic Games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3JUdryT9zI&feature=related

Almost makes me cry watching Nando score so effortlessly.. I agree, he needs to watch these back, and begin to give himself some belief!

Which goal's your favourite though? Mine's No. 46.

Would love to see him do this again, but in a blue shirt!

Notice that most of his goals for Liverpool are from him playing between the lines and off the shoulders of the defenders, something AVB doesnt like his strikers to do, unless your gonna play Nando out on the right or left, we need to change our formation and tactics to get the best out of Torres.

Am I the only one that thinks we need Torres up top with a playmaker playing off him (Mata)..?

Watching that video.. 40% pass 60% his own efforts. However it's the pass that shows his own efforts.. Something we need, not just for him but the whole of our attack line!

Exactly. How many of those goals came from Torres running in from the wing too? He's a striker and needs to play their. So many times this season I've seen him dropping far too deep.

Its hard to say, only Fernando or AVB can answer that, but its frustrating to see him with the ball in such deep postions, he's not going to score by dropping into midfield, and thats something the coaches and AVB need to address, play to the strengths of the players....

Its not Fernando that needs to watch the YouTube vids, its AVB.

hi guys! I'm new here and as you can see I'm from Austria and my English is not the best so please excuse that! ;-)

I personally think that Torres needs a creative midfielder who can play the final pass and he also needs the trust from AVB! Then i think he will start scoring for us steady!

I just can't believe how he has just lost it like that. This whole thing reminds me of when Sheva could not hit a barn door but at least sheva tried every game.

And his face when he'd got subbed...so sad!!

Fingers crossed Torres can score tommrow...surley tommrow he's gotta do it...for my prediction if nothing else lol