Kieran.

MOTM?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Somewhat strange to see Mata hasn't scored or even getting an assist yet. He is still playing a major role in our attacks though and at least there will be others who can share the creative burden and add that spark upfront with him this season.

Very good point, even though he's obviously fatigued he's still been very good for us so far.

His link up play with Hazard has been excellent and the way they both switch positions has been brilliant to watch so far.

You could take class A drugs and still not be as excited as watching hazard on the ball

You should try watching Eden whilst taking class A drugs.... Shit get's real trippy. Trust me I'm a pharmacist.

Mikel and Meireles absolutely bossed the midfield. Looked miles better than the Mikel & Lamps partnership. Should start with Raul for the next game while he's at this kind of form. Same with Cahill & Luiz; looked better than Terry and Cahill/Luiz for me. We are slowly leaving behind the ghost of Mourinho I suppose.

As for Hazard, Mata & Torres. Wow. Sublime. All over the place, them three. And they're only just starting to gel. And with Oscar yet to get involved with them. Or Ramires. It's going to get sexy.

Newcastle was the perfect opponent after the wednesday game.

That was such a difference of pace between this match and the match against reading.

They have no midfield game, waiting for the opponent and then launching their forwards.

Hazard didn't had a good game, not the legs and movement he had against Reading.

Torres for me was our man of the match. The only one that didn't seem tired after the reading match.

did anyone else think that we were taking pointless long distance shots early on? also, i counted david luiz playing 4 ridiculous long balls from deep. one from a free kick even. we need to play it on the floor with the players we have now. the message has reached cech who is taking short goal kicks but not david luiz

Mata has still been playing pretty well it's just that Hazard has been Brilliant. If Mata can hit top form as well watch out. Oscar to come in as well.

yep really like the ground passing behind torres between mata and hazard. i reckon mata should be rested for 3 weeks now and come back fresh to smash QPR again

Oh Fernando, then you go and spoil it all by playing like a top flight striker, oh I love you!!!!

Never ceases to amaze me. Guy earns our penalty, scores our second and has by all accounts a magnificent game. And nothing from the haters.... Said it once I'll say it again, he shall score 20 league goals this year. No need for Cavani, or Falco or any of the others names touted around.

Solid performance, far more compact but then I guess Newcastle had more of the ball than Wigan / Reading so we had to hold our shape (which suits Mikel). Mats and Hazard have already clicked which is great to see, be interesting to see who takes up that third spot in midfield. Mikel played well, Meireles was Blah, guy just gives the ball away to much to ever be a top flight player.

Solid performance, lots more to come. It's good to be a blue!!!