Kieran.

MOTM?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deserved win over Newcastle. 3 wins from 3 games and a second clean sheet of the season to boot. Top of the table with 9 points. Not the best of performances but it has been a controlled, professional and solid one all around. Hazard was great once again but think the MOTM has to be Mikel. A calm, composed, solid & disciplined performance from start to finish.

Choose Ramires than Sturridge....

Choose Lampard than Oscar.....

Worst Subs i ever watch....

Bloody hell we just won 2-0 against a very good Newcastle side and we did it in very impressive fashion, maybe that's worth mentioning more than a meaningless 86th minute substitution.

Yea, some great link up play between Mata & Hazard, already forming an understanding with each other, which was a concern considering Mata had missed the pre-season..

We haven't looked that good in the first half, since Ancelotti was around, so promising signs..

Choose Ramires rather than Sturridge....

Choose Lampard rather than Oscar.....

Just never ceased to amaze me that sometimes people want a player to come on more for their own pleasure and joy rather than thinking anything about the team.

I would have preferred to see Sturridge and Oscar come on but it eludes to di matteos interview after the reading game where he said we need to learn how to sit back and close out games, be solid rather than lose focus. I feel today was a perfect example of just that.

Mikel was a fucking beast today. Now I realize how much he suffers by having lampard next to him. Meireles was excellent, playing nice passes, and always mobile to support the defense as well as the attack. Great performance by both.

Overall delighted. 9 points out of 9!

Jesus...one game!!!! Mikel played brilliantly next to Lampard for about 20 matches last season but he plays very well in one next to Meireles and we get this from everyone. Why do people feel the need to make massive generalizations based on one match. Is Mata crap because he didn't play well today? Is Bertrand going to be useless because he was mostly invisible? As for the team looking better? We played fine today and we got the 3 points, but we were not brilliant by any means. How many clear cut chances did we create all match? If Cisse scores the easy header and Ba the easy chance, it's a very different game. It's the same thing with Ivanovic. He looked shaky defensively for two matches after years of being one of the best RBs in the Premier League and it's "Ivanovic isucks". Players have good and bad matches. Players have good and bad stretched. This overreaction to individual matches drives me insane.

Solid win, Newcastle never looked like much of a threat.

Hazard was great, Torres looked hungry and the defense was solid.

Very few complaints, we did what was required from us.

great performance. infact one of the best all round performances i have seen from chelsea in a long long time. i mean we playing against a good team who had just beaten tottenham. the defense for once looked real good, whereas the attack linked up awesome.

hazard, bertrand,mata and mikel were simply great. immense. but my motm was torres. he was ball hungry for once. put himself on the line. and a great goal.

ps- those people who were after ivanovic for his defense in the first 2 matches and thought he was simply not good enough or had lost his touch, they should go ahead and get a brain transpant.

Choose Ramires rather than Sturridge....

Choose Lampard rather than Oscar.....

Why the fuck would Di Matteo have taken on more attacking players when we were 2-0 ahead and were trying to defend our lead? You can't honestly expect us to take only attacking players in from the bench like it's Football Manager or something. Di Matteo got all of his tactics spot on today, from the starting lineup to the substitutions. Before the match everyone was complaining about Bertrand and Meireles starting over Sturridge and Lampard but remind me again, how exactly did those decisions turn out to be?

Jesus...one game!!!! Mikel played brilliantly next to Lampard for about 20 matches last season but he plays very well in one next to Meireles and we get this from everyone. Why do people feel the need to make massive generalizations based on one match. Is Mata crap because he didn't play well today? Is Bertrand going to be useless because he was mostly invisible? As for the team looking better? We played fine today and we got the 3 points, but we were not brilliant by any means. How many clear cut chances did we create all match? If Cisse scores the easy header and Ba the easy chance, it's a very different game. It's the same thing with Ivanovic. He looked shaky defensively for two matches after years of being one of the best RBs in the Premier League and it's "Ivanovic isucks". Players have good and bad matches. Players have good and bad stretched. This overreaction to individual matches drives me insane.

Just to back this up, Mikel was also good in the last game with Lampard beside him.

Meireles and Mikel were very good today, but no need to slate Lampard.