Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle

Kieran.

MOTM?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Found it strange to see Pardew started with 4-4-2. Was overrun by Spurs in the first half last week with that against their 4-2-3-1 before switching to a 4-3-3 to even things up a little.

A bit harsh there. He was mainly brought in to stifle Ben Arfa and did his job well as the latter was almost annonymous in the entire game. And also, don't think he's used to be playing higher up the pitch on the LW.

In my next sentence I said I didn't blame Bertrand because it's not his natural position. Ben Arfa was really the only Newcastle player who looked dangerous though. Not saying that he had a bad game or anything, just that it could hardly be classified as an excellent game.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying this for yonks now... For someone who has the I.Q of 160 and speaks 9 different languages....one would think he could work out how dumb it is to keep kicking the ball to the oppositions center backs. His ball distribution for a goalkeeper is up their with the very worse in the league....and that's not being harsh, that's just how bad it is.

I think some of this is the way we space our defence. Often the defenders split wide apart and Mikel will come back through the middle although still 40 yards away. That eliminates any easy throws for him. It's something that can be worked on though.

Really liked the Meireles and Mikel pivot today. Complemented each other. I think Lamps could learn something from Meireles' performance today. The pivot are meant to work in tandem, if one goes forward, one stays back and holds and they never advance too far forward consistently. I don't blame Lampard though i think he's been doing that a lot because we only usually have Torres in the box and so he wants to create another option, but then again the balance is slight affected. Putting Moses/Sturridge on the right wing should address this and give some assistance in the box. However back to Meireles, he played the role that we expect from someone in the Pivot, keep the play in front of him, spray balls around and keep things ticking. Hopefully once we get a full squad back Lamps will do more of this because i don't expect Meireles to have this type of performance consistently.

Good win, against a team which causes us problems. The thing i'm most happy about is that i think the fear factor is coming back. Teams aren't going to attack us too much as they'll be wary of Hazard and if they try to double up on him, then they leave Mata exposed and so on. Hope this continues

I've been saying this for yonks now... For someone who has the I.Q of 160 and speaks 9 different languages....one would think he could work out how dumb it is to keep kicking the ball to the oppositions center backs. His ball distribution for a goalkeeper is up their with the very worse in the league....and that's not being harsh, that's just how bad it is.

It's not because he doesn't want to but because he can't. Oppositions know that with Torres or without any physical presence upfront, we won't win many aerial challenges and that is why they now press us more at our CBs and goal kicks to force Cech go long with it.

In my next sentence I said I didn't blame Bertrand because it's not his natural position. Ben Arfa was really the only Newcastle player who looked dangerous though. Not saying that he had a bad game or anything, just that it could hardly be classified as an excellent game.

I know. Just making the point. :)

Are we a serious Title Contenders ? Can we beat United or City , Arsenal ? That is the question that is on my mind right now.

First this match proved that we are winning somehow easily against teams that can be difficult to play if they were in a good day , this match was the perfect example , goals and domination in the first half , less efforts and more defending in the second, perfect match.Yes we had problems against Reading but i think that 80% were sure that we'll win that match , me included.

The question is that can we beat big teams and be serous title challengers ?

Realy happy to see three thngs: Win for Chelsea, great game for Mikel and goal for Torres.

Btw, where are Mikel haters now, wasnt he shit yesterday, but now class? Im pretty sure with someone like Witsel along, someone who has realy incredible energy, he would be even better, not to say world class eventualy. But I dont realy care if we get anyone, today we showed some realy nice football and we still have lot of reserve there.

Realy happy to see three thngs: Win for Chelsea, great game for Mikel and goal for Torres.

Btw, where are Mikel haters now, wasnt he shit yesterday, but now class? Im pretty sure with someone like Witsel along, someone who has realy incredible energy, he would be even better, not to say world class eventualy. But I dont realy care if we get anyone, today we showed some realy nice football and we still have lot of reserve there.

I posted a theory about Mikel in the Mikel thread, so won't say much about that.

But I will say giving that we also have Romeu and Essien, if RDM is able to slot each one to their strength and weakness according to the opponent it will make us a better team.