Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle

Kieran.

MOTM?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

I am not Mikel's biggest fan but I have to say that he had a really good game yesterday. Well done! He was impressive alongside Meireles and I'm happy to eat my words if carries on playing like that...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The video of the start of the season , by me.

Anyway ,glad to see that Torres career is flying here even if he still has to improve in his passing and with the ball he seems very sharp very intelligeant , hope he can score against big teams.

9 points out of 9 possible, we couldn't have asked for a better start. Before the game I questioned RDM's decision to have Mikel-Meireles in the midfield but dear I will never do that again. RDM showed he understands the League a lot - the duo completely stopped Newcastle's threatening attacks.

And Gary Cahill? He will be our new captain, I have no doubt about it. The picture of him celebrating Cech's save in the end will stay here for a long time.

Our fans were fantastic as well, singing almost all the time. Brilliant times.

9 points out of 9 possible, we couldn't have asked for a better start. Before the game I questioned RDM's decision to have Mikel-Meireles in the midfield but dear I will never do that again. RDM showed he understands the League a lot - the duo completely stopped Newcastle's threatening attacks.

And Gary Cahill? He will be our new captain, I have no doubt about it. The picture of him celebrating Cech's save in the end will stay here for a long time.

Our fans were fantastic as well, singing almost all the time. Brilliant times.

Good call RDM has got it spot on so far.... I'd love for this guy to deliver this year, having someone who loves the club in charge is so important to me. Be fantastic of we could build a Barcelona / dare I say it Liverpool promote from within philosophy.

I was happy with Bertrand's performance, tactically that's a good pair with Cole

When we haven't the ball, Bertrand closes the wing and the passing angles through the inside

When we have the ball, Cole makes a run forward and is covered by Bertrand, so then Cole has even less to worry about what happens behind him

Sometimes Bertrand was really close to the touchline to provide width, Hazard did it as well in 2nd half

In defensive transition, Bertrand acts as a full back until Cole comes backs, and when Cole regained his position Bertrand can come out on the adverse winger (Ben Arfa).

Newcastle was organised in a flat 4-4-2, no movement between the lines and so then we outnumbered the opponent for the first time for quite some time. Bertrand's rigor forced the only player who could organise their play (Ben Arfa) to play backward, go by himself with his trademark selfish runs eyes on his own shoes or just give the ball away.

Otherwise that's "work in progress", without the ball the movements are improving (mainly due to the quality of the players to be fair) but we are too often static until a player takes the initiative with the ball, sometimes our players seems to wait some movement from a team mate to start asking the ball.

Absolutley great game, however the 2nd half was quite boring. Anyway, Im a litttle surprised by the fact that RDM isnt trying to rotate the squad abit more. We got Essien, Romeu, Sturridge that havent been playing anything and I reckon those players can be really useful and vital to us.

Choose Ramires rather than Sturridge....

Choose Lampard rather than Oscar.....

Worst Subs i ever watch....

Oscar will get PLENTY of game time. He picked Lamps to close out the game instead of adding too the score sheet. Newcastle didn't play up to their best but RDM knows how lethal they can be so he chose not to put Oscar because he may be vulnerable to BPL's pace. Expect 30 minutes at least against Qpr or maybe even a start.

Otherwise that's "work in progress", without the ball the movements are improving (mainly due to the quality of the players to be fair) but we are too often static until a player takes the initiative with the ball, sometimes our players seems to wait some movement from a team mate to start asking the ball.

Similar problems to last few seasons really. Only Mata last season was the one constantly on the move, offering himself as a passing option while the rests usually just stand still when others are on the ball or after they pass. No off the ball movement whatsoever.