Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle

Kieran.

MOTM?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Just look at the MOTD and the situation from the 84th minute (the last action the highlights perform) - Gary Cahill's reaction is absolutely superb.

I missed the last 20mins of the match, anyone got a clip or GIF or something of that save everyone keeps talking about??

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar problems to last few seasons really. Only Mata last season was the one constantly on the move, offering himself as a passing option while the rests usually just stand still when others are on the ball or after they pass. No off the ball movement whatsoever.

But now that's several players, the linking play includes Torres. There's slight improvement.

Otherwise Torres proved one more time that with short service arount the box, he scored goals... I'm saying it for months though he already showed it from Anelka or Mata's service througout the last 15 months.

His commitment is brillant considering that's his 5th 90mns in just three weeks!

But now that's several players, the linking play includes Torres. There's slight improvement.

Otherwise Torres proved one more time that with short service arount the box, he scored goals... I'm saying it for months though he already showed it from Anelka or Mata's service througout the last 15 months.

His commitment is brillant considering that's his 5th 90mns in just three weeks!

There is definitely improvement though I'm still not quite happy with Torres's game just yet but I'm not going into that again. ;)

Mata has looked rather average recently IMO compared to last season.

Is this due to tiredness? Or simply because when Eden is on the pitch everyone else around him looks like toddlers? I can't put my finger on it.

He was still one of our best players though.

Is this due to tiredness? Or simply because when Eden is on the pitch everyone else around him looks like toddlers? I can't put my finger on it.

I think he's tired. He could really do with a few weeks off.

As KieranVogel said, he's tired, there's no other explanation. He played 57 games last term, went to the Euros (even if he didn't play, he trained) and then the olympic Games.

He's an outstanding technical ability which allows him to manage passes and other stuff when he's not under too high pressure... But look at his touches, he looks like an overweight Wayne Rooney of the bad days, the ball litteraly rebounds on his foot and sometimes he has to touch it 3 times to control it!

I think he's tired. He could really do with a few weeks off.

Has he been called up for the internationals? Hope not, because that would be the perfect opportunity for him to get a couple weeks rest and after the break we have a couple 'easy' games where Juan might not even be needed.

Looks like it is just tiredness effecting Mata then!

Isn't there a potential plan for the Premier League to allow a winter break being discussed?

That would help us out a lot considering we don't rotate all that much compared to the likes of both Manchester teams.

Has he been called up for the internationals? Hope not, because that would be the perfect opportunity for him to get a couple weeks rest and after the break we have a couple 'easy' games where Juan might not even be needed.

RDM said last week or the week before that he will speak to the Spanish FA about it and read that even Mata has gone to them and asked to be rested from the WCQ matches.

I just watched the game again and the main diffference i observed was mikel is much better partnered with someone like meireles who is always available for passes. Meireles positioning lets hazard, mata and bertrand not to play deep too often to get the ball, he didnt linger in the box and made late runs as often as lampard did..

The main thing that caught my attention was our DM. when i heard Raul M was starting i was anxious to what hte results was going to be. he wasn't all that good towards the end of last season and he has been awful in pre season. but with Mikel in a deep lying role, he was sensational. His passing was great. there was some great long balls that lead to chances. I was impressed. and it worked. thats a good combination for bigger games where we need to have those 2 in front of the defenders because lampard just runs off up the pitch leaving Mikel alone.

I can see Mata sitting getting his rest once Marin is injury free. which will give us a chance to see how he does on the pitch with Hazard.

Hazard was incredible. such a joy to watch, and it cna only get better! he's still got lots to learn, it really is a bargain buy. Torres looked great once heh ad htat confidence and its great to see him getting some supply.

Genuinely excited for this season, i think we could do well in all competitions this year. we've got a lot of depth now as well.

looks like Sturridge is going to be off though. if he doesnt get sold in the window, i dont see him wanting to renew his contract. which is a huge shame.

would have been nice to see Sturridge and Oscar playing. We have too many good attacking midfield players!? who'd have thought!?

good game. good win. Geat start!

Eden Hazard

2010-2011 Player of the year Ligue 1

2011-2012 Player of the year Ligue 1

2012-2013 Player of the year Premier league

2013-2014 Player of the year Premier league

2014-2015 Player of the year primera division et Ballon d'or

He's been playing football all summer. Euro2012, Olympics, one week or so rest then the season started. I've heard he'll be rested in September. Can't deny that thus far Hazard has stolen the show aswell :)

Eden Hazard

2014-2015 Player of the year primera division et Ballon d'or

they should be prepared to pay around 100m pounds or more for him.

Eden Hazard

2014-2015 Player of the year primera division et Ballon d'or ?????WTF?????Who cares about PD?????

Can't remember any Chelsea player ever having surpassed its achievements here anywhere else in modern football

2ndly the identification with the Chelsea Family is so strong, our top players only leave when the club decides not to prolong the contract or the player wants to end his career elsewhere.

The EPL is by far the best league in the world, here is where players peak and here is where champions are made. if u make it here, u have proven everything