Wilfried Bony

milka

You said that Bony will be bought as starter, I thought they buy him because there is some 'problem' with their strikers. Whether Aguero injury is worrying enough, or that something is not right with their remaining strikers (someone need to be replaced), or they think they need the 4th striker. In the end, I think Bony will be no more than a backup striker for them, and will play mostly as a sub.

What I mean in my previous post is that, maybe if you think he is good enough to be Aguero partner in front week in week out, why there are not buying him last summer, and have their dream team since the season started? Why have to wait until now, and then just realized, 'hey we need Bony in our starting XI, let's buy him no matter the price is'.

TBH, Dzeko when he has been fit this season has been below-par. It is like Schurrle last season. Both Schurrle and Dzeko had strong finishes to the season but this season they have been below-par and if Pellegrini feels Aguero is carrying the team they might just need another quality CF which is why I reckon they are going after Bony. Assuming Aguero is fit when Bony returns from ACON, I am sure we are going to see Pellegrini match the two together. He done it with Negredo and Aguero and also done/does it with Dzeko and Aguero. Bony and Aguero looks like an exellent partnership.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf for a top 50 striker in the world 25m or so seems OK. Remy for example would have been 15-20m after his last season with Newcastle if he didn't have those heart problems and release clause. Berahino scored 10 or so goals about and being talked about for 15-20m already(English play apart)...etc

Also don't forget Swansea paid 14m for him themselves, they need to at least double their money.

last season dzeko (city's 3rd striker after negredo and aguero), won them the league.

while the price of the transfer might be OTT, bony is quality and you can never have enough of those.

I dont see the need of buying another striker for us, at least for now. You said about Dzeko - we already have a very quality third striker in Remy. I didnt try to compare Dzeko to the Frenchman, of course Edin did more for City than Remy for us, but Loic everytime when he was given the chance, he did a good job. I have the faith in him and I trust that when it comes to this, Remy will do just fine.

TBH, Dzeko when he has been fit this season has been below-par. It is like Schurrle last season. Both Schurrle and Dzeko had strong finishes to the season but this season they have been below-par and if Pellegrini feels Aguero is carrying the team they might just need another quality CF which is why I reckon they are going after Bony. Assuming Aguero is fit when Bony returns from ACON, I am sure we are going to see Pellegrini match the two together. He done it with Negredo and Aguero and also done/does it with Dzeko and Aguero. Bony and Aguero looks like an exellent partnership.

Well, we are not far different from it then, yes, if they need to offload Dzeko, buying Bony is very understandable. But I thought there is no rumour of him at all at the moment. My mind tell me he will stay. Jovetic doing okay imo. Bony have to tuned in immediately if he want to start, because there are 3 quality striker in front of him. If not, he will mostly stay on the bench.

What a waste of a signing, he's not as good as Aguero or even Negredo who they've loaned out... he'll be on the bench from day one. Waste.

Unless they play two up top like they did for most of their dominant years. Aguero is better playing off the main striker if you ask me.

I dont see the need of buying another striker, at least for now. You said about Dzeko - we already have a very quality third striker in Remy. I didnt try to compare Dzeko to the Frenchman, of course Edin did more for City than Remy for us, but Loic everytime when he was given the chance, he did a good job. I have the faith in him and I trust that when it comes to this, Remy will do just fine.

you got my post a little wrong. i dint mean that we should have bought him, but i also wont ridicule city for trying to add quality and depth in the squad, specially when he is such a good goal scorer (which is what a lot of people are doing here),

Unless they play two up top like they did for most of their dominant years. Aguero is better playing off the main striker if you ask me.

Agreed but I can't for the life of me remember Pellegrini playing with two up top at all either last season or when he was Malaga? There were times when he'd play two of Dzeko/Negredo/Aguero up top when chasing a game but I can only ever remember him starting games with one striker.

you got my post a little wrong. i dint mean that we should have bought him, but i also wont ridicule city for trying to add quality and depth in the squad, specially when he is such a good goal scorer (which is what a lot of people are doing here),

Fair enough. My bad ;)

Agreed but I can't for the life of me remember Pellegrini playing with two up top at all either last season or when he was Malaga? There were times when he'd play two of Dzeko/Negredo/Aguero up top when chasing a game but I can only ever remember him starting games with one striker.

Negredo and Aguero started several games together. Between the two they managed over 20 goals. Negredo's form dropped and then they played Dzeko with Aguero. The odd times they played Toure in the no.10 but the majority they had two up front.

He's done it a couple times but not enough to suggest this is how he will play going forward

I think that Manchester City has for many years making mistakes with the signings of strikers and they return to make mistakes again by signing Wilfried Bony now. He is a good player, yes, but he's not a great player, a great striker. They have Kun Aguero, but Kun has many muscular problems and he still is far from of his best physical shape after his recent injury. Manchester City have signed over the years many forwards like Robinho, , Emmanuel Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez, Mario Balotelli, Edin Dzeko, Sergio Aguero ... and now Wilfried Bony. All these are good players but they are not puree centre-strikers (many are not a number t shirt 9) or are not TOP PLAYERS. Even in some cases are not any of these options.

In these years we signed various strikers, and may equivocaramos us with some, but mostly we we signed Didier Drogba (2004), which is our legend and transfer it served us for many years, and have now signed Diego Costa, which has a great future with us. Both are mashed centre-strikers and are TOP PLAYERS.

I am very happy if Manchester City wants to continue with its policy of signings of strikers and they get Wilfried Bony. I encourage them to do it.

And I want them to do it before the game on Saturday, and we face to Swansea without a striker.

Negredo and Aguero started several games together. Between the two they managed over 20 goals. Negredo's form dropped and then they played Dzeko with Aguero. The odd times they played Toure in the no.10 but the majority they had two up front.

But when they did it was always one playing as a striker and one playing off almost in a free role. The archetypal 4-4-2 is now dead; if City played with two strikers then one played in a withdrawn position in a 4-4-1-1 at best, or if they played together as genuine strikers (which I genuinely can't remember, though I find City's brand of football boring and thus can't stand to watch them) then it was only on a few occasions.

But when they did it was always one playing as a striker and one playing off almost in a free role. The archetypal 4-4-2 is now dead; if City played with two strikers then one played in a withdrawn position in a 4-4-1-1 at best, or if they played together as genuine strikers (which I genuinely can't remember, though I find City's brand of football boring and thus can't stand to watch them) then it was only on a few occasions.

Yeah because Aguero drops off often. But there is no reason why they can't do that with Bony in the team. We probably will see the same.

Yeah because Aguero drops off often. But there is no reason why they can't do that with Bony in the team. We probably will see the same.

Doing that he'd probably have to withdraw Toure into a central position and drop one of Navas or Nasri, which is where most of City's width comes from. Just think two strikers would upset the balance of City's present system.

Doing that he'd probably have to withdraw Toure into a central position and drop one of Navas or Nasri, which is where most of City's width comes from. Just think two strikers would upset the balance of City's present system.

And that could be good news for us.

Well, as Chelsea fan, I do not wish him luck at City, hope he find difficulty to tune in at big team like City.

Toure has been playing in the CM position for almost every game they have had this season. They still would have Silva and Nasri/Navas out wide. The width is there.

in that case, city' width actually came from kolarova and zabaleta, both of whom played like wing backs (atleast when negredo-aguero were paired up last season)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You