Wilfried Bony

milka

I give thanks with a lot of energy to Manchester City for throwing your money down the drain each year in a new mediocre striker.

Thank you very much. Continue in this way, folks.

Percent, sending them memories of Diego Costa.

tumblr_narmi1uOyJ1shaydvo4_r1_250.gif

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about this guy? In my opinion he's the best player in the Eredivisie. You can see that he wants to make a step to an higher stage. He's intelligent on the ball, good vision and very powerful. His headers, his shots and his body strength are from another planet. Comparable to our own ex-superstriker Didier Drogba. This player is from Ivory Coast as well.

He played three seasons for Sparta Prague and now on his third season in the Eredivisie with Vitesse (Kakuta, v Aanholt, Kalas). He's been bought for 4 million euros at 20 years of age. And with the relationship between Abramovic and Jordania there should be enough possibilities.

A good spot by Vincent but missed by our scouts

Think he'll be a fantastic signing for them for the next few years, unfortunately. If City win the league this season it'll be for the same reason they did last season. They just have too much firepower up top. They'll have 4 strikers who will all most likely knock in double digit goals.

I like the different approaches Chelsea and City have to building a team, winning titles.

Pellers is about the firepower. Having multiple striking options, playing 2 up top, almost the traditional approach. And then he has the two complementary FBs who maraud the flanks providing cut-back crosses.

JM is about the team, and high intensity, running the opposition off the pitch, by pressing relentlessly. Which is carried out by multiple midfielders, and boils down to basically controlling midfield.

We'll see who'll win this time round. City won it last time, although JM didn't have his ideal squad, he's got that for the most part now.

With the signing of Bony City's squad is becoming bigger. Does anybody else thinks this will alert Jose to approach somebody during this transfer window or he is satisfied with what he has at the moment?

And good luck to him and Yaya in the AFCON. I wish them to get to the final. :P

The unfortunate crux of all of this is the battle of resources, of whom Chelsea are falling behind in. Manchester City have amassed an armada of high-calibre talent on the bench who are ready to pull the trigger at any given moment. This 'bench' of theirs sustains its quality via efficient squad rotation, something Chelsea are severely missing.

This citation may surprise some of you: City have made 61 line-up changes this season, whereas Chelsea have made just 29.

Mourinho is playing this game too safe, and ultimately it will be too late when the team start dropping points in the next few months. The fatigue generated from other competitions such as the FA Cup and Champions League will prove to be a hindrance. Fingers crossed something happens before February.

For all the benefits he'll bring to City, I'm just so confused as to how with Aguero, Dzeko & Jovetic this is where they needed to strengthen. @Blue-in-me-Veins is right though, I guess it's about the different approaches the two clubs take going forward.

We know that City will continue to be vulnerable at the back, they show they consistently every season so they shouldn't be feared when it comes to facing teams with an organised attack. Their firepower would make smaller teams shit brix however lmao.

Dzeko & Jovetic are still top players and one of them will probably be looking at their futures now with some degree of worry. I see many clubs surrounding Dzeko in summer and that could City being strategic.

For all the benefits he'll bring to City, I'm just so confused as to how with Aguero, Dzeko & Jovetic this is where they needed to strengthen. @Blue-in-me-Veins is right though, I guess it's about the different approaches the two clubs take going forward.

We know that City will continue to be vulnerable at the back, they show they consistently every season so they shouldn't be feared when it comes to facing teams with an organised attack. Their firepower would make smaller teams shit brix however lmao.

Dzeko & Jovetic are still top players and one of them will probably be looking at their futures now with some degree of worry. I see many clubs surrounding Dzeko in summer and that could City being strategic.

Aguero and Jovetic are extremely injury prone which leaves him and dzeko competing for the position and Pellegrini can switch back to his 2 striker formation if he wants. As long as things remain the way it's been for the last couple of years, Bony will easily fit in and get plenty of game time.

City was at their best when they played with 2 strikers. Jovetic and Dzeko haven't really been amazing this year. I'm sure Bony and Aguero will be the partnership going forward. Good signing imo.

26M for the leading goal scorer in the PL in 2014. And he's still young. Def not a bad deal.

The unfortunate crux of all of this is the battle of resources, of whom Chelsea are falling behind in. Manchester City have amassed an armada of high-calibre talent on the bench who are ready to pull the trigger at any given moment. This 'bench' of theirs sustains its quality via efficient squad rotation, something Chelsea are severely missing.

This citation may surprise some of you: City have made 61 line-up changes this season, whereas Chelsea have made just 29.

Mourinho is playing this game too safe, and ultimately it will be too late when the team start dropping points in the next few months. The fatigue generated from other competitions such as the FA Cup and Champions League will prove to be a hindrance. Fingers crossed something happens before February.

Lots of teams have been successful by picking their best Xls and sticking to them, prime example Peps Barca.

Mourinho has sent players on a short holiday this week and did the same for the non internationals on the last break.

Think he'll be a fantastic signing for them for the next few years, unfortunately. If City win the league this season it'll be for the same reason they did last season. They just have too much firepower up top. They'll have 4 strikers who will all most likely knock in double digit goals.

City won the title last year because both us and Liverpool threw it away, nothing more.

They will continue to be vulnerable at the back. For each game they could either blow people away with their firepower, or look like a bunch on individual mercenaries who still have the capability to loose any game.

I'm not overly worried to be honest.

Lots of teams have been successful by picking their best Xls and sticking to them, prime example Peps Barca.

Mourinho has sent players on a short holiday this week and did the same for the non internationals on the last break.

There's pros and cons to both systems. Pep's Barcelona is an exceptional example due to the competence and sheer proficiency of that XI's prime. However, fatigue is still a big issue that needs to be tackled. Ironically, a lack of rotation for a prolonged period of time can cause rotating to be liability rather than a benefit. Schurrle, who has been bashed to no end on here has only played in a third of all games. How do you expect a player this young to improve and develop when there's a lack of opportunity to do so? And if this player has no hope, why is he not being replaced?

There's nothing wrong with adding substance to squad depth if rational. In this team's current situation, it seems almost necessary to some extent. On the other hand, nothing happens and Chelsea go on to win the league. Mourinho could roll the dice, but a manager who prefers to play it safe becomes contradictory.

So are we going to respond by signing anybody or are we going to continue to baby sit the likes of Schurrle and Salah?

Can't see us doing any business, sadly.

It would be so nice to do what we did with Matić last year and buy Reus this month to allow him to bed in with our squad for half a season and then have a full summer of training and he's already settled in a new country.

I just get the impression that José will stubbornly stick with this squad as is and then make some big changes in the summer if necessary. If we don't win the league I can see see him being ruthless just like he was with Mata, KdB, and Luiz with some of our players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You