Wilfried Bony

milka

Didier Drogba will try to convince Chelsea to sign in-formSwansea striker Wilfried Bony, according to the Sun.

The 36-year-old, who is thought to be ready to hang up his boots at the end of the season before joining the club’s coaching set-up, sees his compatriot as his ideal replacement.

Swansea have insisted they will reject any offers for Bony, who had an £19million buy-out clause removed from his contract in November.

The Blues, however, may be prepared to offer the Swans Loic Remy as makeweight for the 26-year-old Bony.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didier Drogba will try to convince Chelsea to sign in-formSwansea striker Wilfried Bony, according to the Sun.

The 36-year-old, who is thought to be ready to hang up his boots at the end of the season before joining the club’s coaching set-up, sees his compatriot as his ideal replacement.

Swansea have insisted they will reject any offers for Bony, who had an £19million buy-out clause removed from his contract in November.

The Blues, however, may be prepared to offer the Swans Loic Remy as makeweight for the 26-year-old Bony.

I don't like the sound of that but I just read that on the Sky Sports Transfer Centre too, I suppose Remy would get decent games though and we'd get a younger striker who might be 2nd choice for a change.

Imagine if we got him as our second-choice striker.

Remy would leave for sure (he will only be second-fiddle until Drogba goes) but we'd have two quality, quality forwards.

He might be a unit but he is the most technically adept striker I've seen in the PL since Anelka.

I don't want us to be unfair to Remy because he is very good himself.

I do think if we got him and Remy when Drogba retires we'd have 3 of the best and Jose would have to rotate to give each striker a go. But I'd hate to see Remy leave us.

I love watching Bony play. Just the way he moves around the pitch is awesome. Looks like he's just casually strolling around and isn't bothered but not in a lazy way. He can score any kind of goal as well and holds the ball up fantastically well. Great all around player.

In my opinion he isn't one of those players who stands out in a smaller side but couldn't cut it if he made the leap up to a massive club. I think he'll be even better. Think he'd be a 20+ goal scorer in the PL alone for a top team.

Absolutely ideal replacement for Drogba and we know he's PL proven.

I do think if we got him and Remy when Drogba retires we'd have 3 of the best and Jose would have to rotate to give each striker a go. But I'd hate to see Remy leave us.

I like Bony very much, but wouldn't it be a shame to have both him and Remy warming the bench? I'd prefer Remy to take the second place and for 3rd place we can promote a youngster.

And we know that won't happen

If Drogba retires, he'll have to... otherwise one or two will leave and Jose would be frowned on (not going to lie because he's my favourite manager).

I like Bony very much, but wouldn't it be a shame to have both him and Remy warming the bench? I'd prefer Remy to take the second place and for 3rd place we can promote a youngster.

True but if we have them both I'm sure they'll get a lot more game time.

Quality striker but why would we pursue him when we have Remy? Remy has not even been given that much of an opportunity here and when he has started and even came on he has shown that he can score goals. If Remy was poor then I could understand but he has not been and I don't see the need to spend so much on Bony when we have a perfect back up to Costa. I hope there is not much into this because it would be very unfair on Remy.

Quality striker but why would we pursue him when we have Remy? Remy has not even been given that much of an opportunity here and when he has started and even came on he has shown that he can score goals. If Remy was poor then I could understand but he has not been and I don't see the need to spend so much on Bony when we have a perfect back up to Costa. I hope there is not much into this because it would be very unfair on Remy.

That injury vs Schalke really stalled his career here. He scored then got injured for a while, if not for that no doubt he'd be second choice.

That injury vs Schalke really stalled his career here. He scored then got injured for a while, if not for that no doubt he'd be second choice.

You think so? It might be that or it might just be the fact that during that period, Drogba was not 100% fit. Mourinho holds Drogba in high regard. I did not see him mention Remy in the same way he mentioned Drogba when both joined. He stated when Drogba re-joined that he believes he is one of the best strikers in Europe. I personally think Drogba was always going to turn out to be his second choice striker.

You think so? It might be that or it might just be the fact that during that period, Drogba was not 100% fit. Mourinho holds Drogba in high regard. I did not see him mention Remy in the same way he mentioned Drogba when both joined. He stated when Drogba re-joined that he believes he is one of the best strikers in Europe. I personally think Drogba was always going to turn out to be his second choice striker.

Possibly, he just had to get into form. That's disappointing cause Remy seems to score for fun. They both have different qualities, but I would have Remy as my #2. I do think his injury played a part though, he did, after all, start that game over DD.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You