Wilfried Bony

milka

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wonder why Chelsea give a fuck about FFP when City can spend £30m DESPITE sanctions already placed on them by UEFA. It's not even an argument for making Bony come to us, I don't care about that, but this is ridiculous. Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Negredo (technically albeit) and Bony?!

why did they loan negredo

I've heard something alluded to by City fans about Negredo having some sort of trouble in Manchester and having to leave quickly. I haven't heard anything more than that but I remembered it because it was so strange.

He's not top level proven, he's Remy level, if there were tiers to this.

I actually agree here. Consistency is key, Bony has only had 2 seasons of it and so he's in the Remy category, though I wouldn't say 'not top level'.

Then there's your Zamora, Johnson, Bent levels of one-season-wonders.. (Harry Kane a potential contender here lmao).

You wonder why Chelsea give a fuck about FFP when City can spend £30m DESPITE sanctions already placed on them by UEFA. It's not even an argument for making Bony come to us, I don't care about that, but this is ridiculous. Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Negredo (technically albeit) and Bony?!

It seems as if we've adhered to it only because it could potentially screw our biggest competitor over and it hasn't really slowed Man City down at all.

It seems as if we've adhered to it only because it could potentially screw our biggest competitor over and it hasn't really slowed Man City down at all.

Nope. Not City, PSG, anyone! Barca are the only ones fucked and as it happens, that's not even because of FFP.

Funny thing is, I think we all knew it was a simple talking shop. We as fans, the general football community and City above everyone. Okay, we're turning over a profit now because of it and that's great. But I fear we could do an almost Arsenal approach in buying now (not selling though).

I think he will surprise few people how good he is. But 30m is too much for us for second striker atm.

On second note, we seem to be only club to realy care about FFP. I hope that in 2020 or sth debts for other clubs who spend like crazy will backfire and they all get fucked in ass from fifa.

But did you forget in the summer?

That they spend so and so sums and then could no longer?

Likewise PSG.

Otherwise they would have gone for Sanchez and Di Maria.

They can still continue to spend, but it's not like the level that it was nor like what United did this summer.

Soooo they apparently sold Negredo for £20m because they needed the money (though they won't receive it until the end of the season), while also receiving a fine of £50m but somehow managing to spend £30m on Bony in January?!

Are they banking on progressing in the CL? Or winning the title? I doubt that would have any great effect on their finances unless they actually won the CL, which they won't.

FFP is clearly bullshit, let's buy Messi! :P Honestly though, would UEFALONA dare sanction a club from the CL if they had Messi? Would they fuck!

I'm very aware Messi is going nowhere, but we should have no fears of at least matching City for purchases this transfer window.

Anyone else thinks this signing is going to make City favorite to win the league? I thought it was pretty even so far, perhaps slightly into our favor with city losing many players because of injury. Now with Bony, they're going to have a quality replacement for Aguero and eventually more goals to score when needed.

It's their strikeforce that won them the league last season, Aguero early in the season before he goes out injured and later on a remarkable Dzeko.

Bony has a very similar profile to Kun too. technically good, makes various runs, knows where to position himself (especially for crosses) and most notably he can make the most out of what he has. 30m could turn out to be a bargain if he helps them win the league.

But did you forget in the summer?

That they spend so and so sums and then could no longer?

Likewise PSG.

Otherwise they would have gone for Sanchez and Di Maria.

They can still continue to spend, but it's not like the level that it was nor like what United did this summer.

£30million isn't at the level?

Just because they didn't go for Di Maria or Sanchez doesn't mean they're trying to curb their spendings. They don't buy everyone that teams are linked with, they just buy a stupid amount of players.

Have people started the standard moral high ground opinions and typical 'not worth it, overpriced' bs yet? Not as good as Costa for 30m, will be benched anyway...etc?

MU sign potential talent for big fee=overpriced

City sign proven player in one of the best league in the world=overpriced

Guess only we can win :D

£30million isn't at the level?

Just because they didn't go for Di Maria or Sanchez doesn't mean they're trying to curb their spendings. They don't buy everyone that teams are linked with, they just buy a stupid amount of players.

Do you even know the sanctions they have?

They can spend but cannot go over a certain amount.

If I'm not mistaken, UEFA has allowed them to spend around 50 million.

Do you even know the sanctions they have?

They can spend but cannot go over a certain amount.

If I'm not mistaken, UEFA has allowed them to spend around 50 million.

I know their sanctions, that wasn't my point though. My point is, the sanctions are nonsense. They're farcical because you can spend a lot of money, thus breaking the rules of FFP, and get a limitation on your spending after you've already spent what you needed to.. Ergo, FFP is still a joke. City can still strengthen face no repercussions for already breaking the rules.

In theory lets say they go on a 500m spending spree and buy Messi, Godin, Hummels, Reus, Khedira...etc. They might get a 5 years ban from spending anymore but they are already set for that time period anyway with the signings. I don't think anyone will be banned from CL, they don't want the competition to be played out by Spurs...etc where a raping will happen regularly.

I know their sanctions, that wasn't my point though. My point is, the sanctions are nonsense. They're farcical because you can spend a lot of money, thus breaking the rules of FFP, and get a limitation on your spending after you've already spent what you needed to.. Ergo, FFP is still a joke. City can still strengthen face no repercussions for already breaking the rules.

Where have they spend a lot of money since the summer?

Look at the figures.

Net spend should not be over a certain amount.

I think they fall around the 50 million that UEFA cap them at.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You