Wilfried Bony

milka

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a waste of a signing, he's not as good as Aguero or even Negredo who they've loaned out... he'll be on the bench from day one. Waste.

It's difficult to name a striker as good as Aguero tbf, but Negredo really? what does he do other than score tap-ins?

The Financial Fair Play is a joke. I think it is a rule to keep us scared because we have a president with money which he began stage presidents with lots of money in big teams that have followed after by Manchester City, PSG and other teams.

I see that if that punishment to Manchester City and PSG last year, but their punishments were ridiculous. Instead I see other teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern making big signings without looking at the price of their players.

This is a great suspicion that is constantly hovering our team. Whenever Chelsea intends to do some signing is the time when some very strange intelligent appears and reminds us as a threat: "Chelsea Care, we will penalize to you with the rule of the Financial Fair Play".

Instead, City and PSG fichan new players and they flirt with everyone.

I would like to see City, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern with the same fear that we have the rule Financial Fair Play.
The Financial Fair Play is a joke

If this is true, this transfer makes no sense.

Bony is going to afcon and will miss a month I believe.

By that time both dzeko and aguero should be ready and jovetic as well...

City should of sold Hart and brought in a new keeper... Hart is terrible.

Why are people using FFP as an excuse here. City are within ffp limits.

Mangala-32mil

Caballero -4.5mil

Fernando - 12mil

Zucullini - 1.5mil

A total of 50mil.

Outs

Rodwell - 10mil

Garcia - 13mil

Barry - 2mil

Total of 25mil.

They had a limit of 50mil and with bony they will rxceed it by 5mil or so but that is hardly a crime. This is a very good transfer for them. Gives them a lot of squad depth and most importantly, quality depth.

This is a very good transfer for them. Gives them a lot of squad depth and most importantly, quality depth.

Striker position is hardly the place where they need more depth, especially for the speculated price. Toure is going to afcon and they rely on a 36yo Lampard to bail them out, then I would say they need more depth in midfield rather than attack. Bony would be a fantastic signing for a club whhere he'd be number 1 choice.

Striker position is hardly the place where they need more depth, especially for the speculated price. Toure is going to afcon and they rely on a 36yo Lampard to bail them out, then I would say they need more depth in midfield rather than attack. Bony would be a fantastic signing for a club whhere he'd be number 1 choice.

city have been playing shit for 2 months and yet went on a winning spree. even closed down an 8 point gap. all of it down to one thing - goalscorers. i do agree that they would have been better off signing a mid for a short term solution but he is 26 years old, a very good overall striker and a proven goalscorer. also city generally play a 4-4-2, so having 4 strikers for that 2 roles is not as bad as people are making it out to be.

city have been playing shit for 2 months and yet went on a winning spree. even closed down an 8 point gap. all of it down to one thing - goalscorers. i do agree that they would have been better off signing a mid for a short term solution but he is 26 years old, a very good overall striker and a proven goalscorer. also city generally play a 4-4-2, so having 4 strikers for that 2 roles is not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Nope, it's more down to the easy schedule they've had. I fully expect City to drop a lot more points this half of the season.

I don't understand why Bony would want to join City. He's unlikely to start every week unless of course, Pellegrini wants to ditch either Dzeko or Jovetic OR is thinking of going back to his gung-ho-ish 4-4-2.

I don't understand why Bony would want to join City. He's unlikely to start every week unless of course, Pellegrini wants to ditch either Dzeko or Jovetic OR is thinking of going back to his gung-ho-ish 4-4-2.

He wants to win trophies and play CL football and since that won't happen at Liverpool, I guess he's willing to fight for his place.

1) playing for trophies and CL football

2) probaly no other offers from CL clubs

3) good money

4) playing with Yaya

I also think they will play with Aguero and Bony, they often play with 2 strikers.

He wants to win trophies and play CL football and since that won't happen at Liverpool, I guess he's willing to fight for his place.

1) playing for trophies and CL football

2) probaly no other offers from CL clubs

3) good money

4) playing with Yaya

I also think they will play with Aguero and Bony, they often play with 2 strikers.

I get the trophies and Champions League football part, but it almost feels wasteful for first-choice material player to be on the bench half of the time.

I get the trophies and Champions League football part, but it almost feels wasteful for first-choice material player to be on the bench half of the time.

As we so often see, money trumps everything in football.

He won't start every game but he will start enough. City are a bigger club who are competing for the major trophies. Dzeko, when fit was getting criticized. Right now, Bony is ahead of Dzeko in the pecking order for City. IMO he is better as well. City will have Bony and Aguero as the two up front in many games. Jovetic is good but not good enough compared to Dzeko and Bony. What they are getting in Bony is a player who is a proven PL goalscorer. His hold up play and all round play will suit Aguero well. Perfectly understandable, especially considering that Aguero is some what injury prone.

Remember when Negredo was there, how many games he started and scored. They have not properly replaced him and imo Bony is better than Negredo anyway.

Remember when Negredo was there, how many games he started and scored. They have not properly replaced him and imo Bony is better than Negredo anyway.

Yeah but once Aguero was fit, Negredo was out. Albeit, injury played its part but he never got a look-in ahead of a fit Aguero. I don't think they'll go 4-4-2 either with Bony and Aguero holding an attacking line. City just don't see to be set up for a conventional 4-4-2. Not to mention, Bony doesn't even feature for City until Feb potentially. By then he may not even get a look in.

Yeah but once Aguero was fit, Negredo was out. Albeit, injury played its part but he never got a look-in ahead of a fit Aguero. I don't think they'll go 4-4-2 either with Bony and Aguero holding an attacking line. City just don't see to be set up for a conventional 4-4-2. Not to mention, Bony doesn't even feature for City until Feb potentially. By then he may not even get a look in.

Negredo and Aguero played many games together. They were considered one of the most lethal partnership in Europe and scored bagful of goals together. They scored over 20 goals together with both of them in the same team. Of course they can do the same with Bony otherwise they would not be spending £30m on him now considering the FFP so they are going to be careful who they splash big money on. Bony and Aguero, on paper looks a lethal partnership.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You