Wilfried Bony

milka

Toure has been playing in the CM position for almost every game they have had this season. They still would have Silva and Nasri/Navas out wide. The width is there.

Yes, but not with any positional discipline... he'll have to be more defensively minded, á la Fernandinho/Fernando.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City will get around 30m for Negredo and another 20m (atleast) for Jovetic, so it doesnt realy matter if they splash 30m on Bony.

That's if they decide to part company with Jovetic, yeah? Problem being is they have bought Bony at a time they are completely and utterly stacked, no doubt about it. Saying it doesn't matter about spending that much is crazy, it does matter because it's both financially too much and for squad purposes a step too far.

Toure has been playing in the CM position for almost every game they have had this season. They still would have Silva and Nasri/Navas out wide. The width is there.

Only place this falters is with Silva, he is much more dangerous in the 10 than he is on the wing

That's if they decide to part company with Jovetic, yeah? Problem being is they have bought Bony at a time they are completely and utterly stacked, no doubt about it. Saying it doesn't matter about spending that much is crazy, it does matter because it's both financially too much and for squad purposes a step too far.

Well most of their strikers were injured so it kinda makes sense. If they win league they wont care why they spend 30m on Bony.

Remember United had several strikers yet they bought Rvp and he brought them the league.

Some journos saying that City are paying 42m for him....that's in pounds! Surely not even City are that stupid!

Manchester City have agreed a fee of £25m rising to £28m with Swansea City for the striker Wilfried Bony, who is set to sign a 4½-year deal worth £100,000 a week. Bony’s recruitment means Manuel Pellegrini will have to drop one of his 16 allocated overseas players from City’s Champions League squad.

Manchester City have agreed a fee of £25m rising to £28m with Swansea City for the striker Wilfried Bony, who is set to sign a 4½-year deal worth £100,000 a week. Bony’s recruitment means Manuel Pellegrini will have to drop one of his 16 allocated overseas players from City’s Champions League squad.

Manchester City agree £25m deal to sign Wilfried Bony from Swansea
If you want to believe that guy suit yourself, but I rather believe the guardian.....

Manchester City agree £25m deal to sign Wilfried Bony from Swansea

If you want to believe that guy suit yourself, but I rather believe the guardian.....

I'm not saying he's right! :lol:

I thought you meant to know where I had got that figure from. Honestly don't care enough to look for reliable numbers about this, but if the guardian say 25 then that's probably it.

We were supposedly offered him recently. He would have been a decent addition, but we are in more need of reinforcements in other positions.

City is getting him for 25 million.

To be fair that ain't that bad price for a good striker, but I agree with you we need to spend the cash in other positions that are lacking.

City is getting him for 25 million.

To be fair that ain't that bad price for a good striker, but I agree with you we need to spend the cash in other positions that are lacking.

Yep.

The 26-year-old Ivory Coast international has signed a four-and-a-half year deal which will keep him at Eastlands until the end of the 2018/19 season.

The fee is believed an initial down payment of £25million to Swansea City, which could rise to £28million depending on add-ons.

He will wear the number 14 shirt.

B7T-32-CYAEyfZ3.jpg

It's official now. Apparentely, swansea was not too happy that the ivorian federation announced it too soon but City have also confirmed it so it's done. Terrific signing for them.

So the finals of ACoN 8th February. If he gets there he'll be out for at least 2 weeks after because he'll be knackered, so the likelihood is he'll make his debut on 1st March against Liverpool. Can't see him being hugely influential in the title race during that period. Citeh would've been better off waiting till the Summer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You