Wilfried Bony

milka

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think that Bony is better than Dzeko though. He is more mobile, can combinate better and is more clinical. I think he is the missing piece that City need in attack, when Agüero is missing. And they will get the money back by selling Negredo and jovetic, so they arent really overspending. Bony could be a big hit for them and I can see him flourish under this City side. Futhermore he is sitll quite young at 26.

LOL, people going to be really surprised when they find out Bony starts a lot of games. Do you really think City are paying this much to leave him on the bench? Like I was saying a few posts earlier, Negredo and Aguero struck up a brilliant partnership. Bony's hold up play and general all round play is perfect for Aguero to run off. People are really naive if people are assuming he is a back up player. No chance. Some games he will be rotated. We spent £16m on Luis and he is a back up, not really rotation is he?

So why is City spending £30m on Bony a waste? For a start when Dzeko was in the team this season he was regularly inconsistent and a lot of the games average and they ended up dropping him. Bony is arguably better than Dzeko right now. Bony scored 27 goals for Swansea last season. 16 in the league. This season he already has 9 in the league.

How is that a waste? Yes the fee is high but that is the modern day value these days. We spent £30m on Willian. United spent over £60m on ADM. City, if they were more clinical yesterday would have won that game. Maybe they just need another quality striker.

Come the end of the season, Dzeko or more likely Jovetic will leave anyway. They then have 3 quality strikers. Aguero, Bony and Dzeko. It seems that because he is coming from Swansea the fee is too much when the reality is he a quality forward.

i think benteke is better. dzeko too. bony should be like £17-20m

both are debatable. to be fair, i would take bony over both. benteke seems to have a moment of magic while bony seems to be far more consistent. maybe that can be cos benteke plays for villa who are shit and he gets no service.

but totally agree that anything over 20 mil is too much,

Get the feeling that Pelligrini both wants to strengthen his overall attacking force and if he was willing to spend so much money on first choice material, either City know Aguero is going to have a niggling knee injury all season, or they are fully expecting him to depart in the summer.

In the end it could turn to be title deciding move. If you score goals you win games and Bony does that.

If City win title, 30m will be piss in lake.

We have problems with creating width, but we dont do anything to solve it.

LOL, people going to be really surprised when they find out Bony starts a lot of games. Do you really think City are paying this much to leave him on the bench? Like I was saying a few posts earlier, Negredo and Aguero struck up a brilliant partnership. Bony's hold up play and general all round play is perfect for Aguero to run off. People are really naive if people are assuming he is a back up player. No chance. Some games he will be rotated. We spent £16m on Luis and he is a back up, not really rotation is he?

So why is City spending £30m on Bony a waste? For a start when Dzeko was in the team this season he was regularly inconsistent and a lot of the games average and they ended up dropping him. Bony is arguably better than Dzeko right now. Bony scored 27 goals for Swansea last season. 16 in the league. This season he already has 9 in the league.

How is that a waste? Yes the fee is high but that is the modern day value these days. We spent £30m on Willian. United spent over £60m on ADM. City, if they were more clinical yesterday would have won that game. Maybe they just need another quality striker.

Come the end of the season, Dzeko or more likely Jovetic will leave anyway. They then have 3 quality strikers. Aguero, Bony and Dzeko. It seems that because he is coming from Swansea the fee is too much when the reality is he a quality forward.

I disagree, if City will rate him that high, why they're not buy him in the summer when his price could be far more cheaper?

I disagree, if City will rate him that high, why they're not buy him in the summer when his price could be far more cheaper?

Because he puts them over the top right now. They are tied with us, they use a multi-striker system but their best options are hurting and their is a certified goal scorer ripe for the taking who can replace one of them easily. Why wait? Go for the kill and strike now. Bony is not some scrub, the man can play.

Well, that is like me saying we don't rate Alexis because we did not go after him in the summer. Are you suggesting that City don't rate Bony that much because they did not go after him in the summer? How does that make sense pal? That just shows they did not think wisely, that does not mean they don't rate the player. The whole point they are buying him is because he is a quality CF.

Well, that is like me saying we don't rate Alexis because we did not go after him in the summer. Are you suggesting that City don't rate Bony that much because they did not go after him in the summer? How does that make sense pal? That just shows they did not think wisely, that does not mean they don't rate the player. The whole point they are buying him is because he is a quality CF.

You said that Bony will be bought as starter, I thought they buy him because there is some 'problem' with their strikers. Whether Aguero injury is worrying enough, or that something is not right with their remaining strikers (someone need to be replaced), or they think they need the 4th striker. In the end, I think Bony will be no more than a backup striker for them, and will play mostly as a sub.

What I mean in my previous post is that, maybe if you think he is good enough to be Aguero partner in front week in week out, why there are not buying him last summer, and have their dream team since the season started? Why have to wait until now, and then just realized, 'hey we need Bony in our starting XI, let's buy him no matter the price is'.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You