Daniel Sturridge

the wes

To say Sturridge has no talent is criminal, for a kid who is 22 years old to possess the flair he has, did anyone see Sturridge tear Clichy and Evra a new arse hole?. The only reason he hasn't been playing recently is because of his work rate, and we have been needing to scrape games eversince Di Matteo turned up. Once we get the quality we wont need to be so desperate.

A lot of people will disagree with me what i say here but i think he is best at winger, as a forward i just can't see him doing it, his movement isn't amazing and his finishing isn't exactly great either. But he can't accept the fact that he is a winger, he can get wide, dribble, possess flair but he is just too selfish, if he can accept the fact he is a winger and stop being selfish, i am sure he will turn out to be great.

His dribbling is fantastic i've seen nothing like it, he has amazing trickery what no one points out, the thing what pisses me off is if he goes to a striker he wont need any of that dribbling.

Yes exactly. Exclusively as a winger, yet he insists on taking shots over and over. Theres like at least 20 occasions in every match he plays where he makes the wrong decision. If you aint happy we being played as a winger then do your damn duty until the end of the season then talk to the club. If nothing changes then leave.

Torres was playing as a striker yet he insisted on not scoring goals. There are like at least 20 occasions in every match where he could create a chance for himself but he makes the wrong decision. If he ain't happy with his position or role in Chelsea FC then he should work harder trying to score. If he can't score goals than he should just leave

<_< hope you enjoy my hyperbole as well

To say Sturridge has no talent is criminal, for a kid who is 22 years old to possess the flair he has, did anyone see Sturridge tear Clichy and Evra a new arse hole?. The only reason he hasn't been playing recently is because of his work rate, and we have been needing to scrape games eversince Di Matteo turned up. Once we get the quality we wont need to be so desperate.

A lot of people will disagree with me what i say here but i think he is best at winger, as a forward i just can't see him doing it, his movement isn't amazing and his finishing isn't exactly great either. But he can't accept the fact that he is a winger, he can get wide, dribble, possess flair but he is just too selfish, if he can accept the fact he is a winger and stop being selfish, i am sure he will turn out to be great.

His dribbling is fantastic i've seen nothing like it, he has amazing trickery what no one points out, the thing what pisses me off is if he goes to a striker he wont need any of that dribbling.

100%

as winger he will have more freedom with just one defender, ... i can see problems with him as cf with maybe two or more defenders around him ...

I hope sturridge takes over the role of Kalou once he leaves this summer.

We need a new super sub, and sturridge will be perfect for that role. Obviously he should play a bit more than kalou did, but for a right winger, i hope we buy a right winger, not someone who doesnt want to be a winger and we're trying to convert.... a classic winger with a right foot is what we need.

Or if it is someone like hulk, then doesnt matter if he is left footed. He is the type of standard we need as a starter.... sturridge might develop into a class player, but till he doesnt , he should not be a starter.

I hope sturridge takes over the role of Kalou once he leaves this summer.

We need a new super sub, and sturridge will be perfect for that role. Obviously he should play a bit more than kalou did, but for a right winger, i hope we buy a right winger, not someone who doesnt want to be a winger and we're trying to convert.... a classic winger with a right foot is what we need.

Or if it is someone like hulk, then doesnt matter if he is left footed. He is the type of standard we need as a starter.... sturridge might develop into a class player, but till he doesnt , he should not be a starter.

Kalou's role isn't just that of super sub anymore, but one who starts and closes down opposition full backs. Sturridge doesn't like to do this, which is why we can't suddenly change to some awesome Pep Guardiola 3-3-4 press all over the pitch style of football even though Drogba's leaving.

Kalou's role isn't just that of super sub anymore, but one who starts and closes down opposition full backs. Sturridge doesn't like to do this, which is why we can't suddenly change to some awesome Pep Guardiola 3-3-4 press all over the pitch style of football even though Drogba's leaving.

Cap, i thought when you first joined the forum you where a kalou fan for the lulz, but i've realised that you cannot even take a slight criticism even though he's the worst player ever.

This is why i'm going to do something.

I CHALLENGE YOU, TO A GAME OF POKEMON!.

Torres has the right to complain, he busts a gut week in week out, he plays out of position and has a shit load of assists to show for it. Sturridge is a selfish piece of shit, he hasnt played well since December. He needs to leave.

It took Torres 25 hours to reopen his goals account and at that same time Sturridge kept on impressing.

Torres was playing as a striker yet he insisted on not scoring goals. There are like at least 20 occasions in every match where he could create a chance for himself but he makes the wrong decision. If he ain't happy with his position or role in Chelsea FC then he should work harder trying to score. If he can't score goals than he should just leave

<_< hope you enjoy my hyperbole as well

His performances of late have been a lot better than Sturridges. I cant wait to see the back of Sturridge, he is rubbish. :)

Partly agree with that but the problem with Sturridge is his attitude. At the moment, he is not even doing the basic things right. He hardly tracks back, doesn't pass the ball, selfish, shooting from ridiculous angles at first sight etc. He is basically only thinking of himself and not being a team player. Yes, Welbeck is now flourishing at United because he's given the chance but ALSO, he's doing those things that I mentioned that Sturridge isn't doing. Unless Sturridge has any desire to be top class player, he needs to sort himself out. Otherwise, he will be encountering the same problem wherever he goes.

But again, Welbeck is a striker and got the chance there, my point is Danny is a striker, not a winger and hasn't been given a chance. You give him a chance through the middle he deserves and he could flourish for us. But it appears our club has no interest in doing so, when to me whats baffling is Torres has been good in a handful of games at most. I agre his attitude is shocking. But he clearly must be frustrated when you see Torres performing so poorly and still getting ahead of him. My point is he fully deserves the oppourtunity through the middle.

But again, Welbeck is a striker and got the chance there, my point is Danny is a striker, not a winger and hasn't been given a chance. You give him a chance through the middle he deserves and he could flourish for us. But it appears our club has no interest in doing so, when to me whats baffling is Torres has been good in a handful of games at most. I agre his attitude is shocking. But he clearly must be frustrated when you see Torres performing so poorly and still getting ahead of him. My point is he fully deserves the oppourtunity through the middle.

Exactly. He's not a right winger. Daniel Sturridge will flourish on any decent team that uses him as a CF or Supporting Striker. If Chelsea aren't willing to give him a chance at CF, then I hope he leaves for the sake of his own future.

If Torres flops at CF next season (which is very likely), we're gonna be screwed because there is no more Drogba to save the day.

Exactly. He's not a right winger. Daniel Sturridge will flourish on any decent team that uses him as a CF or Supporting Striker. If Chelsea aren't willing to give him a chance at CF, then I hope he leaves for the sake of his own future.

If Torres flops at CF next season (which is very likely), we're gonna be screwed because there is no more Drogba to save the day.

Yeah I have to agree, Torres attitude hasn't been the best either. People forget that...But that always comes down to the way we play or not feeding him, it's never Torres himself that seems to be the problem. I think Danny could be a better goalscorer than Torres easily through the middle. I just hate to see someone go on loan, notch for fun and then not even given a run out in that position where he was so deadly. What more could he have physically done? Torres was running away from chances, getting slated week in week out. Danny done his part from the wing, then it seemed his head dropped and he wasn't enjoying playing on the wing anymore. Now his attitude is poor, no poorer than Torres who has come out in media saying he can't believe he didn't start and wants talks about his future.

Looking forward to see how he'll perform next season. Its probably now or never for him.

Unless Ashley Cole is gay for Danny Sturridge, he must really see something in the kid to put him in his all-time starting eleven. If he improves his decision making, he should be the man for us next season.

Don't be surprised if he leaves us for another club and starts scoring 20+goals a season.The guy is a center forward for god's sake and he must play his own position.Scoring close to 20 goals season from a winger role only indicates the true potential he has for goal scoring.Chelsea will make a massive mistake if they choose to sell him or continue to play him as a winger.