Eden Hazard

the wes

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

In some ways but at the same time everytime they sign players that gave us their prime years when they're a significantly lesser version just further emphasises the gap between the two clubs in the present day.

True...but just don't like the sight of the best Chelsea players being there. Seeing Cech there was bad enough, but I guess he remained Chelsea through and through at the end.

The irony is that the ex-Arsenal players that were apparently past their prime went on to achieve great success here...Fabregas, Anelka, Giroud. Must have been frustrating for them to see that.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Wants to stay at RM

To be fair he's being linked with teams like Villa so I'm not surprised he'd rather stay with Madrid.

If a bigger club come in for him though I think he'd give it serious thought. If Chelsea tried getting him back I genuinely think he'd come back here in a heartbeat.

I'd love to know whether he regrets how his career has panned out at Madrid and whether in hindsight it was the right move to make. Maybe we'll find out when his career is done and dusted. 

If anyone can have regrets here is Real Madrid. Not only did they play top money for Eden at the time, but offered him top player wages, which he clearly isn't anymore... and hasn't been for a while.

Eden Hazard will never leave Madrid -- he's just following Bale's retirement advice.

God I miss Hazard. Absolutely incredible player. In my weaker moments watching this current Chelsea side (usually after another tame Havertz "shot" or a Pulisic trip to the ground) I think "would Hazard now be any worse than this lot?" 😂

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Getting dragged for his comments about Germany's protest.

Dont think history will be too kind to him.

Yeah. Unnecessary comments. If he doesn't want to register a protest fine, but there was no need to parrot the company line and dissuade others from protesting. 

Despite his current state, Belgium was at its best when Hazard was fit and firing

The so called maestro of midfielders De Bruyne seemingly can't do much outside Peps team, (although Martinez is a downgrade tbf) and can't lift the team the way Hazard did in the last world cup.

He's not a Modric or prime Hazard.

Another City player being made to look better because of a squad full of world class talent. Sterling probably the same.

Edited by Blue Armour

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

lift the team the way Hazard did in the last world cup.

Heh, as a Brazilian, KDB was my biggest fear in that game. Not only did he pull all strings, but also actually scored from afar pretty much winning the match with that second goal.

While I've always thought he was overrated here, evidently Eden was once a word class player. He's just a joke today and there is zero excuse for him to be playing at this level at 31.

11 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Heh, as a Brazilian, KDB was my biggest fear in that game. Not only did he pull all strings, but also actually scored from afar pretty much winning the match with that second goal.

While I've always thought he was overrated here, evidently Eden was once a word class player. He's just a joke today and there is zero excuse for him to be playing at this level at 31.

I agree on current form KDB is superior, without a doubt. 

But not good enough to carry their team IMO., the way Hazard used to, or how Modric carried Croatia. Let's see if they'll do better than what Belgium did in 2018 going all the way to the semi finals.

• 2 weeks later...