Eden Hazard

the wes

3 hours ago, Valdo said:

As someone else said above, no thanks. The ship has sailed. 

Who's going to pay big money for this current Hazard anyway (by the way, he got injured again last week) and in the midst of this pandemic?

And that Edu Aguirre seems to be working for the Spanish media outlet that did that stupid dramatic reaction after he was seen laughing with Zouma. 

The only way I'd take a chance on him is on loan with a buy option. I wouldn't risk simply buying him outright.

The problem for me isn't just whether his decline at Madrid is irreversible, but I'm not sure how well he'd fit in a Tuchel system where he wants his attack to press as a unit. It was never a strength of Hazard when in his prime.

Edited by Superblue_1986

13 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

We honestly could do no worse than bringing Eden back to the bridge, at least with Hazard we know he takes his chances. Better sign the player we know rather than some exotic name that will come here and flop. 

Think you've forgotten one of main complaints with Hazard - his tendency to pass instead of shooting. Was very frustrating at times. We already have too many players of that mould in the squad, Hazard wouldn't be a solution to our scoring problems especially in his current state.

Regarding a potential Hazard return to his garden, my heart would say yes, but my brain would say no 😪.

Can't see him being a good fit into the press intense team Tuchel is trying to implement. Looks like Eden is already way past his peak and it's heartbreaking honestly.

We dont need someone who’s career is basically winding down/wound down as an elite top top level footballer.

Or even if he rediscovers some of the magic he had he’s 30 now, high wages for 2/3 seasons before moving him on again?

Plus do you think we will be going and spending 40/50m at least on a 30 year old? Really? With our policy for 30+ year olds? Let him go to PSG, he will be a makeweight for Mbappe.

Edited by OneMoSalah

I made this sentimental mistake many decades ago.

I was overjoyed when the club resigned The King in 1978. There wasn't a lot of money involved in that deal but Ossie had nothing, absolutely nothing, left to offer on the pitch. Though it took me a long time to admit that truth about my boyhood hero, the move was a waste of time for the club. I doubt Eden would be as bad on the pitch but even if it is a loan with Real covering some of his wages, the deal would still be expensive. I have to agree with everyone who says that there are better ways to use the money.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

If he is willing to go way down in wages and if RM dont want no more than 40M then I'll say he is worth a punt as a game changer etc. He could still do damage if taken care of properly.....will we see him here again? I doubt it.

32 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

If he is willing to go way down in wages and if RM dont want no more than 40M then I'll say he is worth a punt as a game changer etc. He could still do damage if taken care of properly.....will we see him here again? I doubt it.

Nah only loan him if anything. They must be taking the piss if they think anyone is still gonna pay 40m for an ageing Hazard.

Could be the game changer for us and I'd have him back in a heartbeat. When you look at Man city Liverpool Utd, each having someone who can single handedly win games. We need that. 

However, tuchel will need to go 4 at the back to make space for another midfielder.

We're a big club. If he comes and doesn't work - so what. We have a good team already. Many players in the squad of quality. 

Anyone else who would be available will cost 100+ million and even those players are all almost taken for sure by other clubs. 

We had our last year transfer window where we spent big and got 2 of Germany's biggest new stars. They'll come good next season.  Sure of it. They need one more midfielder around them who is decisive and inspires confidence.

We need a striker too though. Lukaku maybe with hazard?

Would be a grave mistake if we brought him back now.

It makes no sense with the kind of investment we are currently making: abundance of promising younger players who need to develop.

We are also going for a high intensity game, which really does not fit Eden's style. He was already a bit overrated at his prime, nowadays, with his poor work rate and injury proneness... stay clear.

14 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

We're a big club. If he comes and doesn't work - so what. We have a good team already. Many players in the squad of quality. 

We criticize the club for buying shit players and now there's people just brushing it off like it's nothing.

15 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

We had our last year transfer window where we spent big and got 2 of Germany's biggest new stars. They'll come good next season.  Sure of it. They need one more midfielder around them who is decisive and inspires confidence.

Midfielder? If Hazard comes back, he would essentially be taking a space from Havertz, Werner or one of the attackers. How exactly does that inspire confidence? People need to realize that the current Hazard is not the Hazard that left the club 2 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Nah only loan him if anything. They must be taking the piss if they think anyone is still gonna pay 40m for an ageing Hazard.

Yup but would RM go for a loan though? Highly unlikely imo, but he aint coming here anyway as others have said we operate differently now regarding how we press etc.