Eden Hazard

the wes

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Curious to see a timeline where had he stayed with us, would he have become injury prone etc...

His biggest injury was his injury he received from Meunier during CL, so if he stayed with us, I don't think he would have gotten that injury. A lot of bad luck involved 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Curious to see a timeline where had he stayed with us, would he have become injury prone etc...

Yo never know but as Killer said he has been rather unlucky the moment he arrived at RM. You can bet he has regretted going there imo. He has done jack shit over there and his stock gone way way down.

10 hours ago, killer1257 said:

His biggest injury was his injury he received from Meunier during CL, so if he stayed with us, I don't think he would have gotten that injury. A lot of bad luck involved 

Doesn't explain all the muscle injuries he's gotten. 

On 17/03/2021 at 19:34, OneMoSalah said:

Have to disagree, whilst he did get fouled a lot the notion that he was booted up and down the park a lot in the period of time he was here and it was an absolute miracle he didn’t sustain any major injuries is simply incorrect. Because thats not football now a days and it never will be ever again. Its not as if he was playing up against the Wimbledon crazy gang every week. Or some of the other teams full of absolute mad cunts. 

There was a few games which maybe crossed the line in the sand but that happens as we seen in the Spurs game it was a very intense night. V PSG also Verratti could have gone another day. It wasnt every week or every 2/3/4/5th week. Yes Mourinho made a few post match comments saying about protecting Eden, its no different from any other manager wanting protection for their best player.

As well as this, all the good wingers accumulate a large collection of fouls. Because it becomes the only way to stop them. It simply doesnt mean they’ve been on the end of a doing every week or season if they have a high foul count. The Spurs and PSG games are two bad ones that stick out but for a world class wide player he probably got the level of treatment they all get. Doubled up on. The odd mistimed tackles. Some 50/50s with guys a good 6 or 7 inches taller and 10kilos heaver than him. All of the above. Sure. He was constantly in top fouled in the PL and Europe. Sure. Does that mean he was unfairly on the end of a couple of horror tackles? Probably. Went through hell? Absolutely not. He didnt fight in a war mate. Hes played in arguably the softest editions of the top division of English football in terms of physicality. Its the same with any other players and winning fouls today, the guys get so much protection now its as if you put your arm out to shield the ball maybe brush your arm on someone and they get a foul. But again football is so much less purely physically orientated than it was 25+ years ago.

Maybe he did receive a lot of fouls but in a period where tactical fouls to stop transitioning has been a huge part of world football for the last 10-15 years as teams looked to stifle the whole possession philosophy, that seems to be the norm and we spent a large period of his time here as a team that played on transitions also. 

Ronaldo for the first few seasons in the PL he was decent but its no secret he was effectively a showboating wee arsehole at times, so he got the living shit kicked out of him. As he did in training apparently also as some ex team mates have said in interviews. People tend to forget it was really only after the 2006 world cup that he fine tuned his game and really started on the huge upward trajectory which has taken him to the heights he has.

I think you will find he was the most fouled player in Europe whilst with us for virtually every season he was here. Some years, it was by a ridiculously long margin and those where the fouls given and not the ones allowed to run on. 

Just because he didn't flop to the ground and rolled around like he was Limp Bizkit's biggest fan, doesn't mean he wasn't kicked up in the air. 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Well, I think everyone was half expecting it with Hazard as he has never been one to keep himself in great condition. For me, it is twofold: 

1) Lack of conditioning/application to training throughout his career has come back to bite him. 

2) The fouls he has had put on him have finally caught up.

The only way I am surprised is that it has happened so early. I thought he would get to a Rooney cliff edge at about 30/31 like he did, not at 28/29. 

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Well, I think everyone was half expecting it with Hazard as he has never been one to keep himself in great condition. For me, it is twofold: 

1) Lack of conditioning/application to training throughout his career has come back to bite him. 

The only way I am surprised is that it has happened so early. I thought he would get to a Rooney cliff edge at about 30/31 like he did, not at 28/29. 

I know, I know. Am just curious if it would have turned out that way had he stayed, because the drop had been quite sudden. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I know, I know. Am just curious if it would have turned out that way had he stayed, because the drop had been quite sudden. 

It is hard to say, I think the Menuier challenge was the one to have tipped him over the edge but something like that could've happened here.

I remember saying when he left that it was a shame he was going then as I felt he had one more season in him before his peak would end. Fortunately for us, we sold then as it actually looks like his peak ended in the Ropey League Final 2019. 

For me, it is not that much of a surprise as I gave him only one more peak year; although I did also conceded that he may be able to turn it into two in La Liga with the less physical demands. However, I always thought he was not someone that was going to be a top player into his early to mid 30's owing to his application.

Either way, I feel really sorry for Eden, but equally happy we played an absolute blinder with it. 

Edited by King Kante

21 hours ago, Jason said:

Curious to see a timeline where Hazard didn't have to play his career with average feckers like Willian, Moses and Pedro.

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

I think you will find he was the most fouled player in Europe whilst with us for virtually every season he was here. Some years, it was by a ridiculously long margin and those where the fouls given and not the ones allowed to run on. 

Just because he didn't flop to the ground and rolled around like he was Limp Bizkit's biggest fan, doesn't mean he wasn't kicked up in the air. 

Most fouls yes he got that quite a lot. But doesnt mean every foul was a horrendous tackle. Or explain the muscle injuries.

For me its an excuse to cover the fact hes always been a poor trainer (look who has all said it about him, Mourinho, Mikel, JT) and what has happened to him at Real would of happened here so in hindsight getting rid of him was the right move.

Plus he lacks the mentality to play for a Real or a Barcelona, have always felt that, just isnt ruthless enough. They want to be the very best (maybe just now isnt best time to make this comparison but still) which is why guys like Ronaldo, Messi, Bale, Suarez, Neymar have all been hugely successful there. Because mentally they wanted to be the best players in the world or better than player X, Y or Z. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I think it would of happened here in all honesty. So that deal we sold him for looks better and better every time I see hes out injured or that Zidane can’t explain what is wrong with him. 

8 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Curious to see a timeline where Hazard didn't have to play his career with average feckers like Willian, Moses and Pedro.

The thing is, average players or not, he played his best football of his career here and when he retires he will probably acknowledge that himself. Everyone always said he needed better players etc but his performances for Belgium (look at their squad) also havent trumped some of the performances he put in here with less talented players. But nobody mentions that either. Realistically hes 30, he probably has 3 or 4 more years in him at a higher level before he will fade off but even then I think hes pretty much done in terms of the level of player he was here. He will never be mentioned as a top 10 player in the world unless he does something huge.

21 hours ago, Jason said:

Yes it does. According to some doctors, he has to run differently nowadays due to his pain in his ankle. That different running technique is not good for his muscles because it overloads his muscles and they get injured all the time

Just now, killer1257 said:

Yes it does. According to some doctors, he has to run differently nowadays due to his pain in his ankle. That different running technique is not good for his muscles because it overloads his muscles and they get injured all the time

That is such a strange analysis. Is this actually a fact or something you conjured up? His muscular injuries have more to do with a combination of poor offseason preparation and recovery. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That is such a strange analysis. Is this actually a fact or something you conjured up? His muscular injuries have more to do with a combination of poor offseason preparation and recovery. 

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2021/03/16/604fe77a22601d3e638b45ec.html

Bad running technique causes many injuries. I speak from experience

50 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2021/03/16/604fe77a22601d3e638b45ec.html

Bad running technique causes many injuries. I speak from experience

I do as well, and I reiterate that is such a strange analysis. 

yes, niggling injuries can play a part in muscle injuries, but I guess the question here is how much. Personal opinion, not a whole lot.

And it's not just the training, or lack thereof, but stuff like this

"confessing that he was carrying an extra 5kg in weight when he touched down in Madrid. "It's true," Hazard told L'Equipe. "I'm not going to hide it, but when I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation."

Carrying extra weight (being unfit) is the #1 reason for muscle injuries. Hamstring is known as a the "coming back injury" for ex.

Edited by robsblubot

23 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

yes, niggling injuries can play a part in muscle injuries, but I guess the question here is how much. Personal opinion, not a whole lot.

And it's not just the training, or lack thereof, but stuff like this

"confessing that he was carrying an extra 5kg in weight when he touched down in Madrid. "It's true," Hazard told L'Equipe. "I'm not going to hide it, but when I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation."

Carrying extra weight (being unfit) is the #1 reason for muscle injuries. Hamstring is known as a the "coming back injury" for ex.

Think what is clear is that Hazard got into football for the fun, the entertainment side of things. He has all the talent to be right at the very top but he just isn't committed to do that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
it would be too strange to see Eden against Chelsea like  Lampard with City vs Chelsea  , Cech with Arsenal vs Chelsea and  Drogba with Galatasaray vs Chelsea 

Edited by milka