Eden Hazard

the wes

Yeah, I felt he was poor but only because I have very high expectations of him. He was probably our worst attacking player today, and I was looking for him to step up especially after we conceded the goal which he didn't. I felt Zabaleta had him in his pocket for most of the game tbh.

First bad game in a while though. Hopefully he can look past it and continue pressing.

So you completely contradict yourself.

Also I dont agree with you. Hazard did track back a lot but to no use. Rarely intercepted anything, his passing was way off. He just didnt have a good game at all in any aspect. Should have been subbed earlier. This doesnt mean he is shit, we all know he isnt. Just had a bad day at the office.

The first part you highlighted is how most people feel, it's not my opinion. I was trying to say there's so much unrealistic expectations for him. He wasn't even terrible in my eyes, he was pretty invisible and sloppy in his passing but tracked back and played with discipline. Schurrle was equally useless, but he scored a sitter and 'worked his ass off'.

By now I realise just BEING Hazard apparently warrants criticism if you're not prolific in a game, but that doesn't mean I agree with it

If he doesn't 1) score 2) assist 3) dribble defences to shreds, he's terrible. That's the way it is for Eden.

Sickening how much stick this guy gets when he isn't prolific in a game. I know the majority on here are children who don't really get how the world works but still.

He had a bad game though.

Ps to the guy above: Zabaleta touched him, watch again. He dived, should've just gone down without the theatre.

I know Zabaleta touched him but Eden shouldn't have gone down all theatrical like you said.

The sticks he gets purely come from people's high expectations of him, like I said in the post match thread, it pains my arse to see him under-performing in big matches like today because we all know he is more than capable to do so much better.

He had an off day and I'm sure he will be back to his usual brilliance in no time, but you have to admit he was one of the worst player on the pitch today and there's no guilt for people to criticize him.

I know Zabaleta touched him but Eden shouldn't have gone down all theatrical like you said.

The sticks he gets purely come from people's high expectations of him, like I said in the post match thread, it pains my arse to see him under-performing in big matches like today because we all know he is more than capable to do so much better.

He had an off day and I'm sure he will be back to his usual brilliance in no time.

I realise that, but I still don't get it. He's still a very young player developing, he will have quiet spells and he will have good spells, that's inevitable.

He's no superstar (yet?), yet some people expect superstar performances every week. I wish we payed 10mill pounds less.

I know Hazard can perform in big games...no doubt about that after performances against Bayern and Utd (last season).

That said, he was quiet in today's game, although his work-rate was top notch.

Of course, it didn't help him or the team, that both Lampard and Ramires were on yellow cards (else Mata might have come on instead of Mikel), so both wide players had to track back to help with defensive duties. Players like Hazard aren't meant to be work horses.

So you completely contradict yourself.

Also I dont agree with you. Hazard did track back a lot but to no use. Rarely intercepted anything, his passing was way off. He just didnt have a good game at all in any aspect. Should have been subbed earlier. This doesnt mean he is shit, we all know he isnt. Just had a bad day at the office.

Hazard did intercept a lotta balls. He's was the best interceptor of our attacking players last year. & also this year he's doing great again in intercepting!

btw Torres his shot against the woodwork... -> Hazard intercepting the ball.

His attacking play wasnt there probably due to playin at left back. :P

I dont like Oscar @ 10. I want to see Mata again. He & Eden link up so good!

No matter how much can Oscar and Eden link, Mata and Eden did it much better. Oscar is different mould of player, he doesnt posses same vision of Mata and cant make double passes with Hazard that well.

As for Eden, he needs to step up in big games. He is the flair guy, the dribbler, our Ribery/Ronaldo/Bale.

When nothing goes right, he must be the guy who pushes our team forward. It will be hard, but Mourinho needs to tell him that now. He is 22 and will need to pull strings alone. Would be great to see completely solo goals by Eden on regular basis, he hasnt done that yet.

No matter how much can Oscar and Eden link, Mata and Eden did it much better. Oscar is different mould of player, he doesnt posses same vision of Mata and cant make double passes with Hazard that well.

As for Eden, he needs to step up in big games. He is the flair guy, the dribbler, our Ribery/Ronaldo/Bale.

When nothing goes right, he must be the guy who pushes our team forward. It will be hard, but Mourinho needs to tell him that now. He is 22 and will need to pull strings alone. Would be great to see completely solo goals by Eden on regular basis, he hasnt done that yet.

You keep telling yourself that......

You keep telling yourself that......

Why should I listen to you, everyone has his own opinion. Oscar will probably never have that creativity that Mata has. Never. But Oscar is more complete player and could achieve bigger things and become better player. But as for passing, vision or sheer creativity goes, Mata is much better. At age 21, Mata was already big star in La liga, scoring and assisting on regular basis and he was actualy better than Silva at same age. But Mata is very uncomplete and thats why he isnt useful as Silva or Oscar.

Why should I listen to you, everyone has his own opinion. Oscar will probably never have that creativity that Mata has. Never. But Oscar is more complete player and could achieve bigger things and become better player. But as for passing, vision or sheer creativity goes, Mata is much better. At age 21, Mata was already big star in La liga, scoring and assisting on regular basis and he was actualy better than Silva at same age. But Mata is very uncomplete and thats why he isnt useful as Silva or Oscar.

People on this board say creativity, but all you guys means assists and stats.....

You say all these attributes, but your comparing Oscar playing for a defensive coach rather than Rafa giving him free reigns just to roam around and go forward... In addition, Hazard has taken it to stride and even though his performances aren't that good so far, he has made it his choice to work his azz off.. Even if that meant playing on the right side, his weaker position..

On a side note, Silva was the brains of Valencia all those years..... Mata was never better than Silva in Spain, Silva dropped a lot at City cause City has so many guys that can play cam...So, he played on the wings for most of his time at City.

Hazard did intercept a lotta balls. He's was the best interceptor of our attacking players last year. & also this year he's doing great again in intercepting!

btw Torres his shot against the woodwork... -> Hazard intercepting the ball.

His attacking play wasnt there probably due to playin at left back. :P

I dont like Oscar @ 10. I want to see Mata again. He & Eden link up so good!

you don't like Oscar but he's the best player atm

Which means Eden Hazard is world class in top 23 of the WORLD.

Congrats to hazard for that achievement, never easy to be a top 23 player in the world. I got some friends saying he doesnt deserve to be there.....

tumblr_mogf9x0GzP1svmdroo1_400.gif

I'm sorry but Hazard is not one of the top 23 players in the world right now.

Is Hazard one of the top 23 YOUNG players in the world? Yes. Can he make it to the top 23 players in the world in the future? Yes. In fact, he can be amongst top 5 best players in the world in the future.

But right now, he is only showing glimpses of his talents and playing well in patches here and there. Hazard's performances and consistency have not justified that claim. If he wants to be regarded as one of the best 20 players in the world at this moment, he needs to show more of his potential/abilities and perform better on the pitch as well as doing so consistently!