Eden Hazard

the wes

Therein lies the problem I guess. Nitpicking games to prove your point.

(1) You are quick to forget Hazard turning Rafinha then sprinting into Bayern's half before slotting it Schurrle who crossed to Torres, GOAL.

(2) What about his solo effort in that same game? What about Hull City? Did he not provide for us when we needed him? Remember how rubbish we were in that game.

(3) Against Sunderland, which was one of the best solo performances of any CFC player I have ever seen, on par with Jimmy Floyd against Spurs.. did Hazard not step up in that match?

(4) Against Liverpool, who provided the inspiration for the comeback again, with that ridiculous curler past Mignolet? These are BIG matches.

(5) Against Man City Matic and our back four were immense, while Eden terrorized them. Their fans were gushing about him on their forums after that game.

(6) Swansea in the league? Won us that game on his own. We were SHIT. Aren't these "difficult" matches in which Chelsea were not playing well

(7) It was Hazard who provided the spark against Fulham in the second half too, alongside Schurrle, who was ruthless with his finishing. We were SHIT in that game.

I can go on, but I'll stop at 7. .Was Bale's last season any more or less impressive than what Eden has done this season? And Bale was pretty "inconsistent" that season too. He was average for the entire first half of it. Ok, he scored more goals in the league that season (and will) than Eden will in this one, but Eden has already scored a lot and assisted (including chances created) much more than Bale did. And Hazard is not even THAT type of shoot-on-sight winger that Ronaldo, Robben or Bale are. He is more like a Ribery type, but HAS taken games by the scruff of the neck and won us many points on his own this season. Too ask for any more is unreasonable and unfair. The fact is that others need to step up. The Brazilians especially who have been poor this season.

"I wasn't even talking about his quality and I said I'm quite okay with him having ups and downs"

You said it yourself, Barbara. We aren't even disagreeing with each other. :D

okay, so let's change the word. Instead of saying he's inconsistent, I'll say he isn't as consistent as I'd like him to be, although I know his inconsistency is only about his age. Or that he could step up more often or something. I feel we depend on him too much, but he isn't there yet to deliver it like in 80% of the matches he plays for us, regardless of the stats.

For me he is one of the top 10 best players in the world.

(1) Messi

(2) Suarez

(3) Ronaldo

(4) Ibrahimovic

(5) Iniesta

(6) Hazard

(7) Aguero

(8) Vidal

(9) Thiago Silva

(10) Lahm

My list is a little top heavy with attacking players, but these guys always get all the limelight anyway.

What about Ribery? He was even better last yeari in counter attack formation, but he is still world class IMO.

What about Ribery? He was even better last yeari in counter attack formation, but he is still world class IMO.

Aguero? Bale? Reus? Falcao? There's so many haha.

Hazard NEEDS to shoot on sight! He tried vs PSG, ball got deflected, but at least he tried!

Aguero? Bale? Reus? Falcao? There's so many haha.

Hazard NEEDS to shoot on sight! He tried vs PSG, ball got deflected, but at least he tried!

Aguero spectacular but injured, Bale questionable inclusion but understandable, Reus decent but not as good as last year, Falcao injured and not as good as last year. But all these guys you mention are world class. That list was more on "current" form if anything.

You can't prove Hazard is inconsistent. It's a ridiculous tag that has been placed on him from his first season at the club, which was unfair in the first place, since it was his first season. I just can't understand how anyone who has watched this guy play this season can call him inconsistent when he's been anything but that. Maybe you don't understand that players sometimes have not so good games and you confuse that with inconsistency.

That's one of the main differences between this season and last. The others are intensity in his play and defensive contribution. Those two are all about Mourinho. Hazard wants to destroy teams for 90 mins now. He hardly ever "coasts" in games any more. And nowadays, when he get's tired, like against Spurs recently, he has developed his game to simply drop deep and pull the string from there.

If not for Suarez, POTY would have been fairly straightforward, but Suarez has been a top 3 player in the world and deserves it. I doubt he'll be as good next season when his team play in Europe though.

Well he certainly became more consistent this season.

But, still not enough, IMO.

He does drift out of games sometimes.. not as much as last season but he still does.

Hazard should probably just shut his mouth about this PSG talk knowing full well that the media, especially the French lot, will turn and twist his words to suit their own agenda.

ffs he was joking. He's already made it crystal clear that he doesn't wanna leave. People really should just calm the fuck down.