Eden Hazard

the wes

But would messi be as good as he is at a team like Chelsea?

depends. Do u mean Barcelona messi to chelsea or young academy Messi developing in Chelsea....

If you mean prime barcelona Messi, Messi would be the number 10 and score like 40 goals behind the main striker and take every set piece possible. Not as many goals as Barcelona, but definitely more than Eden.

Messi is the most consistent superstar player ever, but I think Eden is more exciting in a way, just as Ronaldinho was more exciting. Messi wants to be efficient, give assists and score goals, and occasionally will use his magic to get there. Ronaldinho and to a (much) lesser extent Eden, live to give the crowd something they never saw before. Ronaldinho invented moves, and did some crazy shit in his prime. Messi is a better player to have in your team, but Ronaldinho (and Maradona, to name another one) was a true artist of the game. Don't know which one I'd prefer Eden to become.

Btw, not saying Messi isn't a beautiful player of course, but you know where I'm getting at here. There's no signature Messi move, except scoring 90 goals in 12 months...

But would messi be as good as he is at a team like Chelsea?

Most likely yes, Messi is the greatest player ever and the chances that Eden will reach that level is close to nothing.

For me Messi is one of a kind, a player you see once every 30 years.

So its abit unfair to Hazard to been expected to reach that level but i wont deny that he could be the best of his own generation.

Messi is the most consistent superstar player ever, but I think Eden is more exciting in a way, just as Ronaldinho was more exciting. Messi wants to be efficient, give assists and score goals, and occasionally will use his magic to get there. Ronaldinho and to a (much) lesser extent Eden, live to give the crowd something they never saw before. Ronaldinho invented moves, and did some crazy shit in his prime. Messi is a better player to have in your team, but Ronaldinho (and Maradona, to name another one) was a true artist of the game. Don't know which one I'd prefer Eden to become.

Btw, not saying Messi isn't a beautiful player of course, but you know where I'm getting at here. There's no signature Messi move, except scoring 90 goals in 12 months...

Are you kidding me?

Of course more efficient, for all the trick and skills that he showed, Ronaldinho was never considered to be Goat.

Are you kidding me?

Of course more efficient, for all the trick and skills that he showed, Ronaldinho was never considered to be Goat.

Ronaldinho saved Barcelona.

Ronaldinho peak is better than Messi. However, as with a lot of Brazilians, his peak was short. Ronaldinho/Deco/edmilson was a huge reason why Messi became Messi. GO ask Messi who he thinks is better.

Ronaldinho was very flashy player who has always vanished in tough matches. He hasn't got a single memorable performance for Brazil against a top side. Yes, he was fantastic against the venezuelas...

You could say Messi hasn't really done anything for Argentina either, but Messi's career is far from over - all he needs is a decent team around him. Ronaldinho on the other hand hasn't really delivered when he had fantastic players around him '02 (Ronaldo and Rivaldo) nor when he was the key player of the team '06 (he managed to be one of the worst players then).

I've followed Raonaldinho's career very closely as I knew his brother (now agent) and played (for fun ) with Ronaldinho himself when he was a youngster. He then started his career at Gremio, my hometown team before moving to PSG.

One of the reason's his peak was so short IMO is because he lost all his pace very early. His final seasons at BArca were really sad. He was one of the least professional top footballers to ever play the game.

My feeling here is that Hazard can become a far better player than Ronaldinho ever was. Messi is already a far better player [than ronaldinho]. Messi seems to be more complete than Hazard, so I'm not so sure Hazard can actually reach Messi's level.

Oh please, dont be so stupid! :doh:

Cabaye was just complementing Hazard and saying how he wishes PSG had a player of his great talent. He isnt denigrating Chelsea in any way...

Cabaye said he's THE player he'd want to see at PSG, 'as if' that would even be an option. It's all in how he's worded it, no Stoke City player would say Messi is THE player they'd like to see at the club, for example. Their friendship is irrelevant to the actual statement, which is now in the public domain.

It's all in the wording, luckily english is my first language. :rolleyes:

Something I saw on twitter.Dont know whether all of these quotes are authentic but thought I should share it anyway.

"The world is going crazy about CR7 and Messi, Chelsea have got their own 2 in 1 package."- Didier

"He has the world at his feet."- Frank Lampard

"Not as much goals as Torres, not as much assists as Mata; but he's done whatI've only read in books- he's started a REIGN OF TERROR."- Petr Cech

"I regret not signing him. He's just fabulous."- Sir Alex Ferguson

"Give him some better finishing power, and a raving for goals; and he will give CR7 and Messi a run for their money."- Arsene Wenger

"He just has to increase his goals tally, and England will forget who's Gareth Bale."- Rafael Benitez

"There is a Ballon D'or, if not more, waiting for him in future."- Paul Scholes

"The only way to stop him is to foul him."- Theo Walcott

"I can just say that when i played against him, I felt that I'm struggling with Cristiano."- Ryan Giggs

"He's the third best player in the world, and mind it, he'll prove my saying."- Jose Mourinho

"The fall of LOSC is the only thing he needs to prove his greatness."- Zinedine Zidane

"When defenders start running back, and run and turn around in all directions, you gotta know its him coming."- Martin Tyler

Say's alot that these guys who are so experienced in the game praise him so highly!!

Our best attacking player this season by far.

Cabaye said he's THE player he'd want to see at PSG, 'as if' that would even be an option. It's all in how he's worded it, no Stoke City player would say Messi is THE player they'd like to see at the club, for example. Their friendship is irrelevant to the actual statement, which is now in the public domain.

It's all in the wording, luckily english is my first language. :rolleyes:

Yeah, cause Stoke City can actually afford to have Messi in their team... :lol:

If anything we should be happy to have someone who top teams want, even though they aren't going to get them. I don't get how he's disrespecting Chelsea.

Kinda awkward cause there are more Nigerians that speak English than Britishers.

Something I saw on twitter.Dont know whether all of these quotes are authentic but thought I should share it anyway.

"The world is going crazy about CR7 and Messi, Chelsea have got their own 2 in 1 package."- Didier

"He has the world at his feet."- Frank Lampard

"Not as much goals as Torres, not as much assists as Mata; but he's done whatI've only read in books- he's started a REIGN OF TERROR."- Petr Cech

"I regret not signing him. He's just fabulous."- Sir Alex Ferguson

"Give him some better finishing power, and a raving for goals; and he will give CR7 and Messi a run for their money."- Arsene Wenger

"He just has to increase his goals tally, and England will forget who's Gareth Bale."- Rafael Benitez

"There is a Ballon D'or, if not more, waiting for him in future."- Paul Scholes

"The only way to stop him is to foul him."- Theo Walcott

"I can just say that when i played against him, I felt that I'm struggling with Cristiano."- Ryan Giggs

"He's the third best player in the world, and mind it, he'll prove my saying."- Jose Mourinho

"The fall of LOSC is the only thing he needs to prove his greatness."- Zinedine Zidane

"When defenders start running back, and run and turn around in all directions, you gotta know its him coming."- Martin Tyler

Most of those quotes are fake I believe, originating from Troll Football and the likes. I think they busted them earlier, although I don't remember where.