Eden Hazard

the wes

The way some supporters talk as if we're just one striker away is nuts. We have deeper issues than just a striker.

Eh, I agree, but those issues aren't THAT profound. A better passer in our midfield would be really handy, but IMO Luiz has done well lately (excluding last game when he was injured). Matic also looks like he can play a decent pass most of the time, again, excluding our last embarrassment. Someone like kroos or gundogan would be nice, but even they have their off games just like any player. In terms of upgrading our fullbacks, frankly there just aren't a whole lot of fullbacks out there who are better. Yeah, Alaba is really good at contributing to attack, but besides him, Lahm, and a few others, the only ones who attack better sacrifice too much defensively for my taste.

I really think one REALLY clinical finisher would hide almost all our problems, and you have to be realistic, no one has a perfect squad. Look at the best teams, City-aguero, Barca- Messi, Real-CR7, Dortmund- Lewandowski, PSG- Ibra and Cavani, Atletico- Costa. Even though Bayern only has Mandzukic, he's a lot better than what we currently have, and they also have Muller and Robben who are goal scoring machines.

All we have is Hazard, who in my opinion is a true playmaker who is so good he also scores goals, like Ribery, and shouldn't be relied on to be your #1 scorer. If we had a striker perform as well for us as any of those teams I mentioned, we would be as good as anyone in the world in my opinion.

(Doesn't count as off topic because I did mention Hazard =P)

The way some supporters talk as if we're just one striker away is nuts. We have deeper issues than just a striker.

One striker away from what? We're one striker away from winning the league this season in my opinion, so if we had got Rooney we'd be top right now. Or is that nuts?

We'd probably have a better chance at the CL as well. But we'd also be a much better team if we had another midfielder who could pass the ball better, left-back cover and also a decent alternative at CB.

But I'm rather perplexed as to what you're actually saying. A world-class striker would completely change the way we play, he'd give the creative players more options and space and he'd probably have turned drop points against the likes of West Ham, West Brom and Villa into wins (as top strikers tend to).

I still don't understand why others haven't yet realized that they should play more 1-2s with him. Does it really take 2 years for them to see that he's looking to play 1-2s almost every single time. Eto'o is the only one that even tries and he's been here the shortest time. We would have won the league with even Giroud imo. He's a beast at 1-2s and layoffs, that's exactly what we need.

Bitter truth is that football intelligence and pure technique (first touch, passing, vision) are a huge part of what attacking players need to be very good. But only hazard and eto have these in our attack while teams like liverpool and mancity have in abundance all over their team, even till their defenders.

If hazard wants to leave now PSG is willing to pay us over 100 million pounds then we should do it. Use the money to get Reus, one striker and one darn good midfielder

That's what tottenham said.

A world class talent like hazard >>>> 7 average new players

Hazard vs Ibra will be pretty epic. Hope Eden will have good game and we will enjoy in great match.

He sometimes looks unmotivated against weak teams but in big matches he usually plays very good. I think will do some magic tonight.

I still don't understand why others haven't yet realized that they should play more 1-2s with him. Does it really take 2 years for them to see that he's looking to play 1-2s almost every single time. Eto'o is the only one that even tries and he's been here the shortest time. We would have won the league with even Giroud imo. He's a beast at 1-2s and layoffs, that's exactly what we need.

Bitter truth is that football intelligence and pure technique (first touch, passing, vision) are a huge part of what attacking players need to be very good. But only hazard and eto have these in our attack while teams like liverpool and mancity have in abundance all over their team, even till their defenders.

It all depends on how you use your money. I remember juventus use Zidane money to buy buffon, nedved and they are actually better

True but its surely better to keep hazard imo unless its 150mil. That way I won't regret when he becomes world best in the future.

The only world-cl

good first half. invisible second half

It's just funny when people analyze games based on meager one liners like this one. It's obvious that he was "invincible" in the 2nd half because Chelsea as a whole were awful and got outclassed by PSG. Football is a team game, and you can only look as good as the team you play for.