Eden Hazard

the wes

My bad, didn't know real world meant one that did have FPP.

That's an immense amount of generalization, 18 countries in the ME, you can't just use UAE. Like I said, when Roman first joined, many weren't sure what his intentions are. But now he's grown to love the club and is arguably the only owner who cares so much about his club from the big teams across Europe. He doesn't have a cause to promote cause he doesn't need to promote Russia (that doesn't mean he didn't have causes when he first started, no matter how controversial). PSG is different , in the sense that he wants to see the club move forward while having a dual objective of seeing Qatar's stature rise before 2022 kicks off. Khelaifi has a really good plan for PSG and they were quite decent in last year's CL. They're improving and will become only better. You can't just generalize all owners and presidents apart from Roman saying that they don't have a passion for the club. That could similarly be said about us by others. while holding substantial evidence to support that claim.

There wouldn't be any justification agreed. I'm just highlighting the point about PSG not being able to afford Hazard. If there was no FFP, they easily could, but as it is the real world as you say, they can't.

Even without FFP, they wouldn't attempt to spend 'world record' money on Hazard, I was referring to the practise of acquisition/action.. not in theory. The Glazers, the opposite to Roman (motive wise) sold Ronaldo when FFP was just a concept, the other pre-FFP mega-deals can be justified in similar ways and their consequent ownership situations.

PSG might have a chance when Hazard becomes a finished article and we already have a replacement. Robben has been our only major loss under Roman (which wasn't a 'sale' like Mata). We'll see what happens if Hazard becomes the 'marquee' we all hope he'll be.

Even without FFP, they wouldn't attempt to spend 'world record' money on Hazard, I was referring to the practise of acquisition/action.. not in theory. The Glazers, the opposite to Roman (motive wise) sold Ronaldo when FFP was just a concept, the other pre-FFP mega-deals can be justified in similar ways and their consequent ownership situations.

PSG might have a chance when Hazard becomes a finished article and we already have a replacement. Robben has been our only major loss under Roman (which wasn't a 'sale' like Mata). We'll see what happens if Hazard becomes the 'marquee' we all hope he'll be.

strongly disagree but all to their own opinion I guess.

Hazard's performance today is exactly why I would have Azpi ahead of him in the club's POTY award. He's just not consistent enough yet and at times today, he over elaborated with the ball when what we need then was for him to just shoot when the chance is there or just be ruthless/decisive with the use of the ball.

Hazard's performance today is exactly why I would have Azpi ahead of him in the club's POTY award. He's just not consistent enough yet and at times today, he over elaborated with the ball when what we need then was for him to just shoot when the chance is there or just be ruthless/decisive with the use of the ball.

Azpi been consistent, can't think of a single match where he put a foot wrong so far this season that proved costly.

Azpili had his worst match for us today though (imo), even though I know that's not your point. Hazard is our most important player, I'd give him the award (not that I care much for it anyway), but Azpili would be good too.

Hazard was indeed very poor today though

I get your point, but ironically you're making it after Azpi's worst performance of the season.

Azpili had his worst match for us today though (imo), even though I know that's not your point. Hazard is our most important player, I'd give him the award (not that I care much for it anyway), but Azpili would be good too.

Hey, stop thinking the same thing at the same time as me! :rant:

:P

All 3 of our best players had the worst matxh of the season together. Hazard, azpi and matic.

hazard had a forgettable performance but the way, azpi was skinned today by pucheon and marriapa was embarassing.

Matic, I think had 100% ball retention for palace.

I get your point, but ironically you're making it after Azpi's worst performance of the season.

Not sure if Azpi was really THAT bad. Wasn't helped with Hazard not helping to defend his side and left Azpi in numerous 2 v 1 disadvantaged situation.

Hey, stop thinking the same thing at the same time as me! :rant:

:P

we're soulmates, I don't know why you keep resisting fate.

Not sure if Azpi was really THAT bad. Wasn't helped with Hazard not helping to defend his side and left Azpi in numerous 2 v 1 disadvantaged situation.

Two wrongs don't make one right. As much as it's true Hazard only made things more difficult for him, he himself had bad moments and had - to his own standards - a bad match. He simply didn't win tackles he normally does, I guess he was more dispossessed than usual. Hazard exposed him more, but he was bad on his own.

He looked tired and got beaten way too easily even on 1v1s. Certainly not our worst player, but by his standards, that was very bad.

That shot, should have scored. Its what separates him from world class ATM. Since his hattrick, he had some realy brilliant games and some poor ones, but in none of them he stepped up and killed the opponent. All those flicks and tricks wont save him if he wont be able to win us games in difficult times. Crystal Palace, Villa, Wba were games where everyone fell short, but Hazard shouldnt. As our best player and apparently in form, he should be able to do things on his own. The whole team did bad in those games, but you have Messi, Ibra, Ronaldo, Suarez, Costa,...who get his team win even if they play shit. Not in every game, but in 2/3 of such games. Hazard didnt get us win in none of those games since his hattrick. To add bad form of Oscar (who as a player is great, but as #10 one of worst in europe atm), Willian who cost us 30mio and cant do anything else but run and run...

He should step up his game if he wants to be up there with the best.

He always talks about being Messi/Ronaldo level, he should first try to surpass Sturridge who has had a better season than him.

I hope he gets more consistent.

His carried us this season but still needs to be consistent, because when he is down the whole team is down

That is why the rest of the players need to step up. We look pretty bad when all players go down. Every player will have bad days, but the rest of the team needs to step up for their teammates. He has been under pressure the entire season.

That is why the rest of the players need to step up. We look pretty bad when all players go down. Every player will have bad days, but the rest of the team needs to step up for their teammates. He has been under pressure the entire season.

He needs more help.