Hulk

thejolta

I prefer us going for a winger now, a Valencia type. As in a player who'll stay out wide, stretching the opposition defence, going around the fullback and putting in crosses. The prospect of having two wingers cut in doesn't excite me at all. Width is crucial.

Moutinho would be a great addition as well, playing alongside Mikel in the double-pivot (rotating with Lamps).

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't we have enough wingers already? mata,ramires,hazard (can be wingers) and we also have marin, malouda, sturridge, and kakuta... i think that it enough and our strikers are only torres, sturridge, and lukaku (if he does not go out on loan).... we should just buy demba ba who is class and also cheap

Malouda is likely to go and i'm sorry Ramires is more of a stop gap winger. He'll be brilliant in games where we need to counter, but against majority of the teams in the PL he proves on the most part useless just because he's not a winger. He lacks the crossing and dribbling skills to make that his permanent position and so he's a good option to have, but Hulk is a must for me. In Hazard and Mata we've got two technically brilliant players and in order to balance that out, a power player would be ideal. A Hazard-Mata-Marin could easily be bullied out the game whereas a Hazard-Mata-Hulk looks much more threatening. If we get Hulk this would leave us with:

Left Wing: Hazard, Marin

Attacking mid: Mata, Hazard, Meireles

Right Wing: Hulk, Ramires

Striker: Torres, Sturridge, Hulk (Lukaku)

The problem we had this season was having a shit squad and we're fighting for 7 trophies this year. Hulk would make us a bigger threat while giving us some depth. Luckily it seems as though he'll be joining soon. Madrid play with Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria, Benzema, City with Silva, Aguero, Tevez, Nasri etc and if we want to move away from this defensive team, then buying Hulk gives us another reason too do so.

Torres will be a massive disaster as our 'main man' next season, he will be an Atletico Madrid player in 2013.

With this in mind, as a winger with an eye for goal, Hulk is obligatory.

Where is dislike button ..

Wingers should provide mostly service to strikers and Ramires except that pass to Drogba (which overall was pretty lucky tbh) has no assists at all.

However as some1 said if its a choice between getting Modric or Hulk, Ill be fine with Ramires on the wing and Luca as a CM.But we will have to replace Ramires this summer or next, he is quite technicaly limited and won't provide any decent service to whoever is up front.(if he plays as a winger)

About Marin,Kakuta and KDB - be serious please.

Ppl say we are buying too many players for 30+ mil..Well what have we bought uptill now is Marin and Hazard for 43 mil.This is not really that much especially for a team like us.Mark my words we will 99% make another 30+ mil signing (and maybe third) and who cares?As far as we can afford it, I can't care less, money buys class.I really don't want another season, where 1/3 of our players (Sturridge, Meireles, Ramires, Malouda, Kalou) can't even stop the ball properly, this is fuking disastrous to watch and embarassing for Chelsea players.

We should definately buy HULK, in terms of squad class and potential we are far behind City and Real, so this should be adressed properly.

yea, i agree with you guys, but basically all im saying is that i think the money can be better spent somewhere else.. hulk is a good player and all but he is not worth 30mil+ that money would be better spent on modric in my opinion... if we can get hulk for a decent price which i know we won't (cause the porto board just does not know how to value players correctly) then we should just look somewhere else for the benefit of the club and cause of the FFP rule...

yea, i agree with you guys, but basically all im saying is that i think the money can be better spent somewhere else.. hulk is a good player and all but he is not worth 30mil+ that money would be better spent on modric in my opinion... if we can get hulk for a decent price which i know we won't (cause the porto board just does not know how to value players correctly) then we should just look somewhere else for the benefit of the club and cause of the FFP rule...

I agree man if its a choice Modric or Hulk, Ill get Luca anytime.Simply because we already have Hazard now and the other factor is (saddly) good old Frankie Lampard even at deep-lying playmaker role will hardly put more then 30~ good games (and thats at best).

Same that's a good shout, but his price is way over his value.

Same that's a good shout, but his price is way over his value.

Yeah might be but damn what a player.. i was really surprised napoli got him but we really do need a deep.lying play maker who can play with mikel /lampard in the midfield

I dont agree that it will be a problem. We will be able to utilize both Ramires and Sturridge more than well even with both Hazard and Hulk. Not to mention having Hulk and Hazard is a huge force to be reckoned with. I think we could be deadly with them.

Formation-wise etc we could use (sometimes) Ramires in a position that Lampard had this season, and also use Sturridge as a CF now and then. Im convinced Torres wont handle the CF position alone. So that would give us something like:

Ramires - Mikel

Hulk - Mata - Hazard

Torres

(we would have Mikel somewhat behind Hazard, and with Ramires pace and speed he can do alot of rushes forward aswell as work as a defensive force when the other team counter-attacks.

On the bench Sturridge could sub for either Hulk/Hazard and for Torres aswell. I think Sturridge would shine as CF tbh, he would be deadly with his technique and quickness in the box, aswell as having hulk/hazard on the side.. Just imagine it! And regarding Marko Marin, he wont have a regular spot but I think we will see him be subbed in quite often and I think he'll do well there...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You