Hulk

thejolta

Reports are saying a fee hasn't been agreed upon though and that is what is holding it up...so is that just media crap then?

Well clubs can't just approach your player and offer him a contract or anything. They need permission from Porto otherwise it can be punished a.k.a. tapping up.

They way it works is that you first submit your offer to a club and if they accept it then you have their permission to talk to the player.

Dunno about reports, because there is loads of them around, and half are horseshit. Just have some patience, but I do believe we will sign Hulkie ;)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well clubs can't just approach your player and offer him a contract or anything. They need permission from Porto otherwise it can be punished a.k.a. tapping up.

They way it works is that you first submit your offer to a club and if they accept it then you have their permission to talk to the player.

Dunno about reports, because there is loads of them around, and half are horseshit. Just have some patience, but I do believe we will sign Hulkie ;)

While that is true - it is not that uncommon that the selling club gives the buying club permission to hold talks with the player before an offer has been accepted, for instance, while the two clubs are in talks, the buying club might be willing to spend more if they have reached an agreement with the player himself.

I'm not saying that it is like that in this case, since these are just rumors. But it is possible that we have reached an agreement with Hulk but not Porto without breaking any rules, in fact it's rather likely, since Porto can benefit from that situation.

EDIT: Just saw those five little words in your post - "They need permission from Porto". So obviously you knew, sorry.

I don't think we need another attacking player in that area now we have Marin and Hazard. I would rather us sign someone who will play next to Mikel, Lampard is coming to the end and I would sign some who can thread a ball through to Hazard and Marin. We have lacked brains in the middle for a long time and its hampered us even with Mata in the team. I would bid for Javi Martinez ! Javi would play in the middle with Mikel and both players are 6ft plus, that would give the little players a good base in our team. We have to think about the balance in our team and Javi would thrive next to Mikel he really would be a brilliant partner for Mikel. We can sign all these samba players but we have to remember our base !!!

What did you expect, Porto is the best portuguese club at negociating players. B)

I think 55/60M€ should be enough.

Most of the reports I've read is that Porto want about 43-45m euros (roughly £35-38m)

Chelsea currently only willing to offer 35m euros (about £30m approx)

I don't think we need this deep lying playmaker, all our midfield are capable of passing, as are our defence, particularly david luiz who is essentially an even deeper lying playmaker!

If we don't buy Hulk would you guys stick with Marin/Ramires on the right or would you bring in someone else other than Hulk? Or would you buy a CM?

I'd stick to Ramires on the right and bring Javi Martinez in to pair with Mikel.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You