Hulk

thejolta

Hulk is a great player and he was my preference earlier but now it looks like Hazard is certain to come and I have to say no thanks to the big green man. Having Hazard - Mata - Ramires/Marin behind the striker is more than enough and if we are planning to buy at least one more player in this department then I would suggest getting someone who wouldn't cost +30m with massive wages and doesn't complain if he doesn't play 90 minutes in every single match. We now supposedly have one of those already in Hazard and with Mata playing almost every match too I see no place in the team for the likes of Ramires and Marin if not for injuries should we buy Hulk as well. Can't think of any names right now but another player like Marin would be great. Or we could of course trust De Bruyne and/or Kakuta to take their roles as squad players with Sturridge perhaps occasionally playing on the wing too.

As soon as we get rid of the deadwood and buy one right-back and maybe one central midfielder we're good to go. Oh, and of course a manager is needed too. :rolleyes:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres will be a massive disaster as our 'main man' next season, he will be an Atletico Madrid player in 2013.

With this in mind, as a winger with an eye for goal, Hulk is obligatory.

Thats the worry. We've all defended Torres at this stage because of his service, but if he has Hulk, Mata and Hazard around him he realy has no excuses. He'll either glow or be terrible, and if he doesn't do it this season he will definatly be gone. Wouldn't be suprised to see a loan deal for him in January tbh.

I think people need to lower their expectation on Marin, he was a bench warmer at Bremen so don't expect him to be very much used at Chelsea. If he plays a pivotal role for us, that would be a pleasant surprise. If he give us some quality minutes as a sub and as rotation player then i would be very happy.

precisely what i have been saying since the hazard signing. we dont need hulk. every1 is worried about the depth but that is kind of over with the departure of kalouda and the signings of marin,kdb,hazard. with kakuta coming back and rambo (one of the player of the season for me) and i think every1 has forgotten about benayoun, i think we have a strong and quality bench/1st team.

there were always going to be 2 ways to go after winnin the cl and almost announcin the overhaul, we could go out and buy great players or at last trust our youth to come good for us. i would choose the latter.

Meh that is not happening, it sound good and all but it is not happening. I remember i made the argument against buying Modric and we should give Josh his chance. But what happened is that we didn't sign Modric, and ended up seeing Meireles instead of Josh. Same thing will happen so if we don't sign Hulk expect a lot Slow Flo Malouda.

It is easy for me, if the question is who i would rather have Hulk or Ramires at RW then it is clearly Hulk. Ramires gave some 1-2 good moments in each of those matches at RW, but not a consistent threat offensively. Hulk is the better player, with the uncertainty of Torres goal scoring ability that makes Hulk even more important on the right.

RW is the biggest glare atm, there is not another position that needs more improving.

I think people need to lower their expectation on Marin, he was a bench warmer at Bremen so don't expect him to be very much used at Chelsea.

? he's always been a starter, this past season he spent a lot of time out with injuries.

i don't think we should to spend 30mil on hulk... instead i think we should spend on our midfield more players such as modric/felaini... if we do need another striker i heard demba ba release clause is somewhere in the 9mil area and that is no problem for abramovich... so we should stop this hulk transfer and focus somewhere else where we need it... hulk is good... but we gotta be smart with our transfers and not just spend 30mil on every player we like... priority should be 1)modric/felaini

blue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gif

? he's always been a starter, this past season he spent a lot of time out with injuries.

The games i remember watching Bremen is him off the bench or being subbed off . I Can't recall seeing him play 90minutes in any of those games. But my sample size is 7-8 games, so i maybe mistaken.

Either way i am not expecting much from Marin. All i gathered from him is that he can dribble and has good movement. But other then that he is a poor finisher and end product leaves a lot to be desired. I will reevaluate him once i see him in a Chelsea shirt of course.

The games i remember watching Bremen is him off the bench or being subbed off . I Can't recall seeing him play 90minutes in any of those games. But my sample size is 7-8 games, so i maybe mistaken.

Either way i am not expecting much from Marin. All i gathered from him is that he can dribble and has good movement. But other then that he is a poor finisher and end product leaves a lot to be desired. I will reevaluate him once i see him in a Chelsea shirt of course.

Alright. I'm not expecting him to be world class, but going by what i have seen of him, and his assist stats, i am expecting someone a lot better than Malouda and Kalou.

I still think we need a deep-lying playmaker, and a RB.

Same here.

I still think we need a deep-lying playmaker, and a RB.

Torres

Marin-Mata-Hazard

Mikel-Lampard

I disagree with the line up but just put it that way for now, where is the creativity from the back going to come from?, our midfield has been seperated from our attackers for two seasons now, we cannota allow it to happen again, but then again i cannot knock Mikels passing and Lampard is very good when he's on form, but he cannot start for us next season we really need to move on.

Torres

Marin-Mata-Hazard

Mikel-Lampard

I disagree with the line up but just put it that way for now, where is the creativity from the back going to come from?, our midfield has been seperated from our attackers for two seasons now, we cannota allow it to happen again, but then again i cannot knock Mikels passing and Lampard is very good when he's on form, but he cannot start for us next season we really need to move on.

I agree, someone like Modric would be perfect.

I think people need to lower their expectation on Marin, he was a bench warmer at Bremen so don't expect him to be very much used at Chelsea. If he plays a pivotal role for us, that would be a pleasant surprise. If he give us some quality minutes as a sub and as rotation player then i would be very happy.

Meh that is not happening, it sound good and all but it is not happening. I remember i made the argument against buying Modric and we should give Josh his chance. But what happened is that we didn't sign Modric, and ended up seeing Meireles instead of Josh. Same thing will happen so if we don't sign Hulk expect a lot Slow Flo Malouda.

It is easy for me, if the question is who i would rather have Hulk or Ramires at RW then it is clearly Hulk. Ramires gave some 1-2 good moments in each of those matches at RW, but not a consistent threat offensively. Hulk is the better player, with the uncertainty of Torres goal scoring ability that makes Hulk even more important on the right.

RW is the biggest glare atm, there is not another position that needs more improving.

i have not seen hulk play so cant say much but rambo is more than potent and he had been improving as the season went along. it would be wrong/unfair of us to relegate him to the bench.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You