Hulk

thejolta

And Benni McCarthy 45 goals in 85 games in Portugal and Oscar Cardoza has scored 87 goals in 133 games in Portugal. Lima had 20 goals and 7 assists this season.The Portuguese league has two or three good teams but if you play on Porto or Benfica, the vast majority of your competition is against sides that would be in the Championship or League 1 in England. I mean, Porto has only lost 1 game in the last 2 years. This is why it's very difficult to take statistics from lesser leagues and apply them to the Premiership. This is why I don't understand how anybody can claim that Hulk is anything approaching a world class player. Hulk has never had any success in Europe or in international tournaments so this "he's a world-class player" is gleaned entirely from him dominating poor competition. Look at the Portuguese league player of the year before Hulk. David Luiz, Bruno Alvez, Lisandro Lopez, Simao Sabrosa, and Ricardo Quiersma. That's the best of the Portuguese league. Luiz was a dominant defender in Portugual. He's struggled a fair bit at Chelsea. None of this is to say that Hulk won't be terrific. It's absolutely possible, but it's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a player we don't need who has never accomplished anything at a high level. It's possible, he'll be terrific, but it's also possible that he's not good enough to succeed in England. Sergio Aguero cost in this range and he was 23, had 4 excellent years in Spain and had success in Europe and had played regularly with some success for Argentina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwxS1RTdfJo hulk vs david luiz

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things I've noticed -

1: Hulk's chest is HUGE.

2: American commentators >>> Our own British commentators. Also, their media team, and whoever does all the fancy stuff on screen are much better too also. Their presentation of the line-ups etc. are great.

Well what i thought will probably get " Not another one of those threads" actually turned out to be a great discussion :D

In my opinion (which i didn't include in the start of this thread ) : Hulk will add a lot to the team and to his team-mates , i mean think about everything we currently lack upfront even after the additions of Hazard - Marin (Physicality - Unpredictability - Power - Longs shots - More than one hopeful eye for goal (only torres) ).

Hazard and Mata are two great play-makers , Marin might turn our to be another one but they all offer the same solutions and their main strengths are almost the same with slight differences (creative passing - good movement - passing the final ball) , adding Hulk to that will make things much scarier for our opponents , he is a real game changer , keeping in mind that we must get a CF this summer to understudy Torres i can't see how this can turn into a bad piece of business .

The main problem in many eyes is where Ramires and Marin will fit in that plan , simple Marin will be a back-up for all the trio and Ramires will be our big game player , against stronger opponents and in tricky away games Ramires may come in for any of the trio , and because of Ramires versatility and our busy year i am 100% sure he will get a lot of games.

2 things I've noticed -

1: Hulk's chest is HUGE.

2: American commentators >>> Our own British commentators. Also, their media team, and whoever does all the fancy stuff on screen are much better too also. Their presentation of the line-ups etc. are great.

No.

Yes.

There is more insight when they speak, more facts throughout the game etc. Not just "Sandro is on the ball..." ... "Sandro passes to Hulk...".

Yes.

There is more insight when they speak, more facts throughout the game etc. Not just "Sandro is on the ball..." ... "Sandro passes to Hulk...".

Really, an american commentator just then goes, AT WHAT POINT DID THE BALL JUST HIT HIS ARM *replay shows the ball hitting his arm* EHRRMMMM WELL IT'S STILL NOT INTENTIONAL, NOT A PENALTY!.

Really, an american commentator just then goes, AT WHAT POINT DID THE BALL JUST HIT HIS ARM *replay shows the ball hitting his arm* EHRRMMMM WELL IT'S STILL NOT INTENTIONAL, NOT A PENALTY!.

Haha, i thought he was about to cry..

Hulk is so skillful, this is what we need, he is murdering them when he's on the ball.

Whipped in a great cross earlier, great reading from Howard though, but as usual he's a top keeper what do you expect.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You