Hulk

thejolta

The more I think about it the more I think there are better options for us. Hulk is a very good player but we could go out and buy more of a real RW, who will stick to the flanks and stretch defences, whereas Hulk will cut in. Hulk may ot be able to play intricate passes as well. However he is direct, pretty quick and powerful and can bring any team goals. The fact he can play as a CF is probably the part Roman finds most appealing.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently we're stalling on signing Hulk to keep our options open. Which is a good move by our board. The general concensus among the Media and non-Chelsea fans is that we will buy a big name striker like Higuain, Cavani or Falcao if we don't buy Hulk. I really can't see that happening now that Torres has been given the full backing. It is also better for Torres if he doesn't have some immense big name striker competing for his position. It'll be Drogba all over again. If we don't buy Hulk we should definitely go for a CM.

Where are you getting this info from?

The more I think about it the more I think there are better options for us. Hulk is a very good player but we could go out and buy more of a real RW, who will stick to the flanks and stretch defences, whereas Hulk will cut in. Hulk may ot be able to play intricate passes as well. However he is direct, pretty quick and powerful and can bring any team goals. The fact he can play as a CF is probably the part Roman finds most appealing.

I disagree with the cutting inside part; he sprints and times his runs down flanks often enough and really well and when you have his left foot you won't mind him cutting inside. I can't say the stat off the top of my head but he had like 55 assists in 3 seasons or something. Anyways ive seen him be really clever with the ball and orcistrate stuff rlly well. We should still consider other options but for me this guy is the real deal.

Apparently we're stalling on signing Hulk to keep our options open. Which is a good move by our board. The general concensus among the Media and non-Chelsea fans is that we will buy a big name striker like Higuain, Cavani or Falcao if we don't buy Hulk. I really can't see that happening now that Torres has been given the full backing. It is also better for Torres if he doesn't have some immense big name striker competing for his position. It'll be Drogba all over again. If we don't buy Hulk we should definitely go for a CM.

You're being silly

Hulk is a winger, not a forward, he can play as a forward but he is now a winger.

Buying a striker is so stupid, we have Torres who now has no excuses if we install this creativity in our play, we haven't seen him in a creative team for the past year and a half and that's a fact!. Then we have Sturridge who should be our other forward. We can't go spending a whopping sum on Cavani and that aswell, i know you're not saying that but yeah i'm just pointing it out, spending 100 million this season and we are safe, we will be spending 70 mill on Hazard and Hulk (if they sign), then we got the 14 million from De Bruyne and Marin, and we need a right back.

I can imagine how it looks in the opponent's half next season - Torres, Mata, Hazard, Hulk, Ramires. 2 Spaniards, 2 Brazilians and a god-in-the-making.

... If we don't buy Hulk we should definitely go for a CM.

Agreed. We need a backup Lampard. I think Sturridge can be a good 2nd striker. Can. Wait, what about Meireles?

Kdb is a CM and is likely to play in the double pivot. Kakuta once again had an average loan after making a good start. Ramires can play as a dm, look at what Toure does for Man City, if Ramires can work on his passing then he'd be brilliant. Would make his burst from deep a much stronger weapon too as they'd be more unexpected. Your overrating Piazon and Josh too they have a long way to go, before thinking about being in the first team. There's no need to rush them as it could potentially be bad for there careers. There time will come, but in the short term there not the answer, Josh was already struggling at Swansea and nobody knows his best position yet

kdb is a winger, ramires should not play as dm. josh has already had 2 years on the professional circuit and on the bench plus how do we know he is not ready. let me ask u, how old is hazard? 21 right. but we expect him to be our saviour for the forseeable future, who can say if we had put some trust in kakuta and josh, they would not have become the hottest prospects. i think many of us confuse real football with fifa manager mode in which if we play a youngster too much, his development stops, thatr is bull-shit. hazard has been a 1st team regular for 3 years. its all about getting chances but unfortunantely we dont give any.

Judging by what the journo's are saying and even Dan Levene who has connections to the club

Bob Cass@Bob_Cass

Reliably informed that Chelsea's buying days are far from done. They'll be the summer's big spenders.

I'm pretty sure signing Hulk will have no implications on us also going for a CM if Emenalo thinks its necessary. We finished 6th and i doubt Roman would take that too likely, but for now Hulk is a must as Ramires isn't viable option to be our winger all season

I don't think we need a good CM because we have a lot of rotation options from there IMO. 2 of Mikel, Lamps, Ramires, Essien, Miereles, Romeu

We lack quality, though. The only player in that list who deserves to start regularly as a defensive midfielder is Mikel. We need to find a formidable partner for Mikel, and that's certainly more urgent than bringing in a new winger or a forward.

I dont think we will sign a CM if we get hulk in. seeing as we got 60mil for winning the champions league, i think hazard and hulk are affordable but with ffp coming, we cant spend on another player. maybe a marin-esque deal for under 10 mil for a good midfielder but not a class playmaker for sure.

assuming di matteo continues his current 4-2-3-1 formation i think ramires and lampard at the CM positions. Mikel and Meireles rotated with Romeu as the backup. Hulk and Sturridge on the right, Hazard and Marin on the left, Mata and KDB down the centre and Torres and sturridge/hulk/lukaku up top. we are good to go

kdb is a winger, ramires should not play as dm. josh has already had 2 years on the professional circuit and on the bench plus how do we know he is not ready. let me ask u, how old is hazard? 21 right. but we expect him to be our saviour for the forseeable future, who can say if we had put some trust in kakuta and josh, they would not have become the hottest prospects. i think many of us confuse real football with fifa manager mode in which if we play a youngster too much, his development stops, thatr is bull-shit. hazard has been a 1st team regular for 3 years. its all about getting chances but unfortunantely we dont give any.

Go do some research mate, Kdb only played on the wing for Genk due to a lack of options and he came through there academy as a CM. The last part of their season in Belgium, Kdb played in the central midfield role and was one of the best players in the league. We know Josh isn't ready because firstly he hasn't got a set position and thirdly because he can go missing in games. If we're playing Josh in the double pivot he currently lacks the strength to perform a role for us there and if we play him in the No 10 he's not quick enough on the ball like Mata. You can't be obsessed with bringing youth just because they've been on the professional circuit for two years Bertrand's only making it likewise for Welbeck and Cleverley. You can't compare Hazard to Mceachran, because Haard broke through a team which doesn't have a lot of pressure to perform due to not challenging for titles year in year out, whereas we have that pressure on us. Look at how Fergie uses his kids for the perfect example of bring youth through

If all this is because Torres can't score, why don't we just sign an actual striker? Assuming that we'll have Mata, Hazard and Marin next season, it seems pretty silly that we should sign Hulk instead of Falcao or Cavani because he is a winger who can play as a striker.

I think they WANT Torres to score (scored tonight for Spain) and are hoping he is the guy, so instead of pissing him off and signing an expensive striker, they are hedging their bets by adding (potentially) a winger that has a scoring touch, so we can get goals from other positions if Torres struggles again.

I dont think we will sign a CM if we get hulk in. seeing as we got 60mil for winning the champions league, i think hazard and hulk are affordable but with ffp coming, we cant spend on another player. maybe a marin-esque deal for under 10 mil for a good midfielder but not a class playmaker for sure.

assuming di matteo continues his current 4-2-3-1 formation i think ramires and lampard at the CM positions will be a good option because ramires can play as the B2B and Lampard as the DLP. Mikel and Meireles rotated with Romeu as the backup. Hulk and Sturridge on the right, Hazard and Marin on the left, Mata and KDB or Benayoun down the centre and Torres and Lukaku up top. we are good to go

We also just signed a massive deal with Audi, got rid of Drogab, Kalou, Bosingwa, Benayoun, Zhirkov, Anelka, Alex and possibly Essien. Our sponsorship deal with Adidas and Samsung is also yet to be signed too put it in shorter terms we've made an absolute shit load of money this season which is why even with signings gourlay said we're close to breaking even. You highlighted a key problem there when you said 'Meireles rotated' and which is why i think we'll get a CM because we can't have Lamps playing 40 games again this season, we need someone who can displace him and play regularly and Meireles isn't good enough in all honesty although a useful squad player

We also just signed a massive deal with Audi, got rid of Drogab, Kalou, Bosingwa, Benayoun, Zhirkov, Anelka, Alex and possibly Essien. Our sponsorship deal with Adidas and Samsung is also yet to be signed too put it in shorter terms we've made an absolute shit load of money this season which is why even with signings gourlay said we're close to breaking even. You highlighted a key problem there when you said 'Meireles rotated' and which is why i think we'll get a CM because we can't have Lamps playing 40 games again this season, we need someone who can displace him and play regularly and Meireles isn't good enough in all honesty although a useful squad player

Ramires and McEachran can rotate with Lampard.

Im surprised the rumored Hulk numbers are bigger than Hazard's. I like Hulk, but I rate Hazard higher. But if we complete this, it looks like we will pay a higher transfer fee for Hulk. I guess FCP is better at getting more money for their players

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You