Hulk

thejolta

And I bet you thought that he was finished at the end of 2010/11 season

No, but to expect him to guide us to a championship was downright insanity :ph34r: Like it or not, we didnt exactly set the world alight with our football this season. The trophies we won were down the grit and determination of the old guard who knew this was probably their last realistic shot...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the article on Sky Sports.com and it sounds very promising, Sky Sports are a good, reliable source and it actually sounds like we are going to get him.

This would be a terrific signing, he's a match winner, he's a game changer, he's built for the Premier League, he is a marquee name and he will bring something very special to the Chelsea team, in today's market, 38 million pounds is reasonable for a player of his immense talent. If you want to be the best you have to get the best and Hulk is one of the best around and at 25 years of age should just be coming into his prime years, this would be a spectacular signing.

In my opinion (which is often not wanted :halo: ), we'd be much better off not spending £30mil+ on Hulk, and instead, invest in an Xabi Alonso type player.

He holds his position in a defensive midfield role, can intercept well, and dictate play and hoof up precise, long-balls, splitting defences with ease.

De Bruyne, Kakuta, Ramires, Sturridge, Hazard, any of them can play on the right or left wing - no need for another un-natural winger playing on the wing IMO.

yes we both have seen the light!!! agre whole-hearted especially with xabi alonso type player,(i used him as example before)

why havent i seen ya before?! hahahaha

although i cant think of a rw only willian though im still not sure on who i dont know much about. hulk no-no-no-no-no-no, cheaper alternative out there people, although if we want REAL HEADLINE GRABBIN Quality i bet someone else out there stead of hulk................................................i hope!

I think people need to lower their expectation on Marin, he was a bench warmer at Bremen so don't expect him to be very much used at Chelsea. If he plays a pivotal role for us, that would be a pleasant surprise. If he give us some quality minutes as a sub and as rotation player then i would be very happy.

Because he was injured. When he was fit and playing he had really good games. The stats will show that.

We did the hard part by seducing Hazard. One big name signing is enough to convince other prominent players. By having both, Hazard and Hulk, all the Modrices and Falcaos of the world will be knocking on our door, not the other way round.

I can't see how our negotiators could tempt Hazard into a freshly Drogba- and managerless team with no flair unless he was given reassurance that he'd get top quality teammates to work with. I think we're seeing the club cooking up a fresh team and carrying out one of its promises.

A lot of people are questioning this move now that we are closing in on Hazard but the two together make perfect sense.

To me it's all about having different options and different styles.

If we were to play an attacking trio of Mata, Hazard and Hulk together I see nothing but success.

Mata can pass the ball for fun and thread plenty of balls through the middle. At times this season we have become so predictable and reliant on him to create something. It's also meant as the season has progressed a lot of teams have man marked him. However with two real dangermen alongside him teams will no longer be able to concentrate on him which should give him much more time and space.

Hazard will give us a player who can take a man on with ease and get either in behind out wide or through the middle. Teams will be more reluctant to sit back because the closer Hazard gets towards the penalty area, the more dangerous he will become when running at players, in terms of potential penalties, etc. If teams instead feel they cannot sit back, there will be more space in behind for Torres which will obviously benefit Mata, and also Hazard with their ability to find the pass.

What Hulk gives is a completely different threat. Any teams who drop back will be taking a much greater risk as it will give this man licence to get in the right areas around the penalty area to have shots. And this man can shoot! Again, it will scare teams into dropping off and encourage them out giving more space again in behind for Torres and the passing abilities of Mata and Hazard.

Hulk will effectively become the wildcard to get us out of a hole at times. How many times in the past have we been struggling to break a team down and Lampard bangs one in from 25 yards out. Hulk will give us this threat once more.

These different options will allow us to hurt all manner of teams whichever way they look to play against us.

No, but to expect him to guide us to a championship was downright insanity :ph34r: Like it or not, we didnt exactly set the world alight with our football this season. The trophies we won were down the grit and determination of the old guard who knew this was probably their last realistic shot...

What Lampard and Terry bring to the team is irreplaceable. THis isn't FIFA where you can just sell them and because a player has a better overall your team will be better, It takes time, and Lampard has reborn himself as a deep lying playmaker which he done brilliantly.

Look at Man United, Scholes was one of their standout players towards the end of the season. Ryan Giggs has been doing it for years now. They lost the league on GD ffs.

Me too, it's going to start at 1:00am over here, i think i'll stay up and watch. :D

BRASIL: Rafael Cabral; Danilo, Thiago Silva, Juan, Marcelo; Sandro, Rômulo, Oscar; Neymar, Hulk, Leandro Damião.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You