Hulk

thejolta

Buying a striker is so stupid, we have Torres who now has no excuses if we install this creativity in our play, we haven't seen him in a creative team for the past year and a half and that's a fact!.

Still with the Torres excuses? The team doesn't move the ball quickly enough, the formation is wrong, the style of play is wrong,he's too worried about having another striker around... etc.... He cost £50 million pounds. He should be able to score in any single formation or style. Chelsea had two main weaknesses last season. The first was a lack of a second creative midfielder/winger to allow Mata to stay in one place and to get some rest now and then. We bought Hazard to fix that. The second was a complete lack of success from our strikers. Not buying a new striker is crazy. Torres has now played 67 games at Chelsea and has been awful. I don't think people appreciate just how awful he's been. He's played 67 games with Chelsea and has scored 12 goals. That's bad enough but it's even worse than that. Of those 12 goals, 9 of them were in games where we beat up very poor sides. (Leicester, QPR, West Ham, Villa Genk, Birmingham). Against decent and good teams (say, top 10 in the premiership, Valencia, Napoli, Barcelona, Benfica, and Leverkusen) Torres has played 36 games with Chelsea and has scored 2 goals. In his 67 games at Chelsea, Torres has not scored a single goal to win us a game or to draw us even. We won the CL with Drogba. We won the FA Cup with Drogba. You look at a player like Drogba or Van Persie or Cisse or any good striker and they are able to create their own chances. They are able to turn nothing into goals. If Torres needs a team to be built to his own specifications to succeed, he's just isn't that good.

None of this is to say that Torres can't be a world-class striker. He was excellent at Liverpool and a return to that form is certainly possible, but to rely on a striker who has been so awful for a year and a half is insane. Especially if Chelsea are going to spend big this off-season.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He cost £50 million pounds. He should be able to score in any single formation or style.

That makes no sense. If we paid 50 Million for Heskey does that mean he should score tons? Torres was never worth 50 million. Yes I know we paid that much for him but it does not mean we should treat him like a player worth £50 Million. Judge Torres on the upcoming season. He will have good service and the team will play faster so now Torres has no excuses. Forget the past, judge him on the 12/13 season. It will be make or break for Torres's Chelsea career.

Still with the Torres excuses? The team doesn't move the ball quickly enough, the formation is wrong, the style of play is wrong,he's too worried about having another striker around... etc.... He cost £50 million pounds. He should be able to score in any single formation or style. Chelsea had two main weaknesses last season. The first was a lack of a second creative midfielder/winger to allow Mata to stay in one place and to get some rest now and then. We bought Hazard to fix that. The second was a complete lack of success from our strikers. Not buying a new striker is crazy. Torres has now played 67 games at Chelsea and has been awful. I don't think people appreciate just how awful he's been. He's played 67 games with Chelsea and has scored 12 goals. That's bad enough but it's even worse than that. Of those 12 goals, 9 of them were in games where we beat up very poor sides. (Leicester, QPR, West Ham, Villa Genk, Birmingham). Against decent and good teams (say, top 10 in the premiership, Valencia, Napoli, Barcelona, Benfica, and Leverkusen) Torres has played 36 games with Chelsea and has scored 2 goals. In his 67 games at Chelsea, Torres has not scored a single goal to win us a game or to draw us even. We won the CL with Drogba. We won the FA Cup with Drogba. You look at a player like Drogba or Van Persie or Cisse or any good striker and they are able to create their own chances. They are able to turn nothing into goals. If Torres needs a team to be built to his own specifications to succeed, he's just isn't that good.

None of this is to say that Torres can't be a world-class striker. He was excellent at Liverpool and a return to that form is certainly possible, but to rely on a striker who has been so awful for a year and a half is insane. Especially if Chelsea are going to spend big this off-season.

Stop bull shitting

like i have said, it's a fact Torres has never played in a creative team eversince coming to Chelsea, that's a fact you can't argue with me on that, so lets see how he does in a creative team, i'm not saying he still shouldn't of had a stupid record.

Stop bull shitting

like i have said, it's a fact Torres has never played in a creative team eversince coming to Chelsea, that's a fact you can't argue with me on that, so lets see how he does in a creative team, i'm not saying he still shouldn't of had a stupid record.

Its true. I can count on my hands the number of opportunities he has had. Even if he scored every chance he had he wouldnt be on that many goals.

Its true. I can count on my hands the number of opportunities he has had. Even if he scored every chance he had he wouldnt be on that many goals.

So Euro 2012 will be the test for Torres

Stop bull shitting

Euro 2012, he will have the most creative team behind him, so lets see how he does. I hope he does well and carries his form for chelsea next season

true but i dont think we have enough options tbh

modric - over 40mil

Sneijder - growing old

Christian Eriksen, axel witsel - CAM - we have mata already

Kagawa - would have been the perfect fit actually but United :(

Cabaye - dont see him leavin Newc just yet

can't think of any other viable candidates at the moment. not yet convinced by javi martinez, marvin martin etc

And Moutinho?

Read this website

Most promising player in the Jupiler league

'Anderlecht’s young Brazilian Fernando Canesin took the league by storm at the beginning of the season. He then disappeared from view but he looks certain to be a force in years to come. Genk’s Chelsea-bound Kevin De Bruyne had an inconsistent season – troubled by injury – but his performances in central midfield towards the end of the season marked him out as a special talent.'

http://belgofoot.squarespace.com/

The reason De Bruyne was on the wing at Genk was due to there not being many other options, but he found his best form at centre mid. He's not ready because although looking good at passing at Chelsea level and England under 21's, he doesn't have the workrate or tackling ability yet to be a starter for Chelsea. Ferguson sent out Welbeck on loan to the likes of Preston and Sunderland before giving his chance and breakthrough and saw no need to rush him, which is what we should do. Josh's time will come but as demonstrated by his time at Swansea, he's not good enough just yet and needs gametime elsewhere to mature as a player

have we bought him as a cm or a winger? i am pretty damn sure that we think of him as a winger and will play him so. ask any1 around here too and they ll say the same. also again i ask, how do u know josh is not good enough. how much time has he had to play and have we seen him.

Stop bull shitting

This creative team stuff is just nonsense. What the hell does "creative team" mean? Is Chelsea Spain or Barcelona? No, but if you can only succeed playing on a team of that quality, you're not very good. Chelsea scored the fifth most goals in the premiership. Newcastle is much less creative team than Chelsea and Cisse and Ba still managed to score with regularity. Norwich has almost no creativity and Holt scored 15 goals. That's what strikers do. They score goals. They don't need to be surrounded by world class talent in order to have any success.

This creative team stuff is just nonsense. What the hell does "creative team" mean? Is Chelsea Spain or Barcelona? No, but if you can only succeed playing on a team of that quality, you're not very good. Chelsea scored the fifth most goals in the premiership. Newcastle is much less creative team than Chelsea and Cisse and Ba still managed to score with regularity. Norwich has almost no creativity and Holt scored 15 goals. That's what strikers do. They score goals. They don't need to be surrounded by world class talent in order to have any success.

Creative team is a team what can pass and have ideas, and Torres has never been a god under the spaniads, even with his days at Liverpool when he used to score a goal every game. Some players just aren't for there country, look at Andy Cole and Seydou Doumbia.

I am tired of this Hulk transfer.If Porto feel that 35m or even 40m is not enough for the player then we should just end the deal and look for other alternatives.

Lol you seem to be tired of a lot of things

Creative team is a team what can pass and have ideas, and Torres has never been a god under the spaniads, even with his days at Liverpool when he used to score a goal every game. Some players just aren't for there country, look at Andy Cole and Seydou Doumbia.

Chelsea don't have ideas and can't pass? Tell me how many teams have a more creative player than Mata? Do Chelsea play all-out attacking football? No, they don't but almost no clubs do. In fact, AVB played a very attacking system and Torres was historically awful (not scoring for what, 26 games?). I'm not saying to get rid of him, but there is absolutely no way that Chelsea should go into next season with Torres as their only real striker.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You