Hulk

thejolta

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mind whether we get Hulk or not, but it looks like we are, so I guess I'll be staying up for this game! Already so tired though :(

Hope he gets a hat-trick to make this worthwhile.

I'm dissapointed that we are paying £35 Million + for Hulk. We should have stuck to our £30 Million valuation...

I can understand the argument about whether he will be worth the money but at the end of the day does it really matter?

Roman, Gourlay and the rest of the board know better than us what the finances look like, what we need to do to keep within the FFP rules, etc. Our Champs League win has clearly swelled the coffers, and to be honest if we were going to buy two 'marquee' players this summer available on the market I would have snapped your hands off for Hazard and Hulk.

The facts are we clearly want the player and it is better to compromise and get the player signed up early. If City, Real, etc were to come in for him his price would be £40m+ and then we would be looking at having to pay a higher transfer fee and probably higher wages to get him.

I would rather us spend the extra £5m and get the man we want rather than a player within that original price range but isn't deemed as good. IMO Hulk and Hazard will be well worth their transfer fees.

hulk scored 52 goals in 96 matches in portuguese league!

And Benni McCarthy 45 goals in 85 games in Portugal and Oscar Cardoza has scored 87 goals in 133 games in Portugal. Lima had 20 goals and 7 assists this season.The Portuguese league has two or three good teams but if you play on Porto or Benfica, the vast majority of your competition is against sides that would be in the Championship or League 1 in England. I mean, Porto has only lost 1 game in the last 2 years. This is why it's very difficult to take statistics from lesser leagues and apply them to the Premiership. This is why I don't understand how anybody can claim that Hulk is anything approaching a world class player. Hulk has never had any success in Europe or in international tournaments so this "he's a world-class player" is gleaned entirely from him dominating poor competition. Look at the Portuguese league player of the year before Hulk. David Luiz, Bruno Alvez, Lisandro Lopez, Simao Sabrosa, and Ricardo Quiersma. That's the best of the Portuguese league. Luiz was a dominant defender in Portugual. He's struggled a fair bit at Chelsea. None of this is to say that Hulk won't be terrific. It's absolutely possible, but it's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a player we don't need who has never accomplished anything at a high level. It's possible, he'll be terrific, but it's also possible that he's not good enough to succeed in England. Sergio Aguero cost in this range and he was 23, had 4 excellent years in Spain and had success in Europe and had played regularly with some success for Argentina.

Never fails to amaze me how fickle football fans are, had drogba not carried us to the two finals we would've probably sat next season watching channel 5. Not trying to put a downer on things btw, just stating how easily football fans can get carried away. Lampard IS past it, so is Terry, whether you like it or not...

Very big difference between being past your prime (which Lampard indeed is) and past it (which he clearly is not)

Before Hulk we need a midfielder and a RB. Of course if Hulk did sign, I wouldn't be exactly miserable over it, on the contrary, I would be over the moon. But it would feel like a luxury signing now. If we had Hazard and Hulk on wings, then our attack would be very potent from each side, but with Ramires for example you know that would be our weaker side offensively. I would love the attacking diversity and unpredictability. I could not say no to the big green man... he could also effectively cover for CF position, eliminating the need for another striker as well as putting the winger issue to bed once and for all.

I really don't know where that would leave the likes of Sturridge and Ramires but fuck me, I'll leave this problem to the manager, I want to see him play for us. I'm a greedy bitch I know :(

United have to pick from a pool including Young, Nani, Park, Valencia, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov. Regardless if they let players go they are looking likely to buy Kagawa and Gaitan to be added to that group. Ferguson does fine keeping players both fresh and happy with the games they're playing.

Injuries over the past couple of seasons have seriously depleted us and if we are to make a consistent fight at the league title, aswell as competing in other competitions we must have strength in depth within our squad. In all likelihood Drogba, Kalou and Malouda will all go, so if we were to bring in Marin, Hazard and Hulk we aren't on the face of it actually bulking up our squad. But it will be much more packed with quality.

I would love Chelsea to sign both of these players!

Just for the record, these figures being thrown around by the media here are probably all bullshit. They don't have a clue whats going on in terms of the negotiations and are doing it based on pure guesswork as they'd have no means of finding out especially as we've become so secretive with our transfers. No need to worry about fee, i'm sure the board will do whats best for the club

Cant believe how no one on here seems to think we need a good central midfielder. Playing lampard is like flagging a dead horse...

Cant believe how no one on here seems to think we need a good central midfielder. Playing lampard is like flagging a dead horse...

I don't think we need a good CM because we have a lot of rotation options from there IMO. 2 of Mikel, Lamps, Ramires, Essien, Miereles, Romeu

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You