David Luiz

the wes

Was poor in the first half .. second half far better and showed why we do play him in there as a DM. I feel people get down on Luiz when he makes one mistake and it blinds them to when he is actually good for the rest of the match.. Which is sad because other players in our team are not held to that same standard

The consensus out there is that yellow card wasn't deserved at all. But somes fans thought he would get the yellow (including me). It seems Mourinho is a cool guy.

I think it was completely deserved. He completely took Young (?) out when the guy had already lost the ball.

Whats the excuse today?

Ask Jose. I think he just went with form after Luiz had a good game against Hull.

I think it was completely deserved. He completely took Young (?) out when the guy had already lost the ball.

Ask Jose. I think he just went with form after Luiz had a good game against Hull.

Its very simple. Mourinho thinks he do a better job there than Mikel or Essien. I know its really hard to imagine Special One using Mourinho as a DM when some folks out there, including you, dismiss it as a silly idea...Thats why he is Special.

Wow. Back to headless chicken mode. Felt for certain he was going to get sent off and had a period in the second half where he just hoofed the ball away, which was great when we were probably looking to control the game and kill it off. Also looked like he lost his man in the build-up to the goal but thankfully we've signed Matic.

I did think he looked the business against Hull and Liverpool but today he just seemed to be playing without an ounce of intelligence. The guy is a Bugatti being driven by a moron....which actually is about 90% of Bugattis.

I hold my breath and cringe just about every time he goes into a tackle or runs at a 50/50 ball. I love his physicality and determination, but he has to control himself more at times. He barges into so many players that it looked like he's playing American football sometimes.

It is absolutely hilarious however that United fans HATE him as much as we do Hernandez. :)

Its very simple. Mourinho thinks he do a better job there than Mikel or Essien. I know its really hard to imagine Special One using Mourinho as a DM when some folks out there, including you, dismiss it as a silly idea...Thats why he is Special.

Jose hasn't seen him nearly enough in midfield to think that he does better than the other options we have. He thinks that he may be able to do a better job which is completely different. On any account, since he is the special one as you pointed out, I doubt that after today we'll be seeing Luiz in midfield again unless it is absolutely necessary.

In the last 10 minutes every time he got the ball he booted it out, that really pissed me off... he did the same against Liverpool.

In those 10 minutes Man U were consistently pressuring us. It's obvious he was focused on clearances, getting us out of any danger plays. Could he have paused for a second collect himself and direct the ball to an open player to start a counter attack very possible. I'd take the power hoofs over a Man U goal

In those 10 minutes Man U were consistently pressuring us. It's obvious he was focused on clearances, getting us out of any danger plays. Could he have paused for a second collect himself and direct the ball to an open player to start a counteract very possible. I'd take the power hoofs over a Man U goal

Consistently pressuring us? I for one thought we had the game under control at that time, It wasn't like we had every man back trying to hold on. It's not really a big deal, just very frustrating.

Consistently pressuring us? I for one thought we had the game under control at that time, It wasn't like we had every man back trying to hold on. It's not really a big deal, just very frustrating.

I remember a lot of scrambling from our players to clear and to stop Man U. If that isn't pressuring (maybe not consistent but pressure none in the less in those instances then I need a new dictionary :D) No doubt it can be frustrating I wouldn't personally hold it against him in the last 10 minutes of a 3-1 lead

In the last 10 minutes every time he got the ball he booted it out, that really pissed me off... he did the same against Liverpool.

Agreed. When we're leading, after about the 75 mins mark, he often just hoofs the ball away to nobody, even if there are clearly options available to him to whom he is more than capable of making the pass. Maybe Luiz thinks he's being some kind of hero clearing the danger, but the reality is that he's creating more of it by inviting further pressure on the team as opposed to simply keeping the ball and wearing down the opponent and their hopes of making a comeback.

I hate it as well, but I do wonder, isn't that him trying to be the kind of player that will be appreciated by English fans and pundits? Isn't this kind of seriousness and clearance that people in England like? I'm in no way being ironic, I think maybe he doesn't know how to find balance or what people expect from him, so he's just trying to keep it simple and doing a few things that I don't think are necessary at all. I'm not defending him at all, I'm trying to understand him - and even then can't say I do.

Mourinho wanted to win the game today and not "not lose", so mikel did not start.

8 starts in 22 PL games now for our "most important player"

Oh gawd. Luiz was back to being a loose cannon again yesterday and bloody hell, nearly had an heart attack watching him running around like a headless chicken trying to put challenges in. That challenge on Valencia which led to his yellow card was rather stupid and unnecessary as he wasn't even going anywhere! I'm just surprised that the second yellow didn't come since he was mindlessly charging about and even Mourinho spent much of the first half screaming at Luiz to stay in position..