David Luiz

the wes

david-luiz-with-short-hair1.jpg

Will this David Luiz ever play for us?

I do hope this is not an assumption that the problem is his hair and his upbeat, cheery PERSONALITY (bc it's not only attitude). If that's what you're implying, sorry, K, but I think it's ridic...

An additional comment on this one. TOPTB said something along the lines. Most people agree the player that plays for Brazil NT is a different one, many claim they want that player to play for us. Still there's the hair, the tongue and even more playful jokes when he's away with the team, especially during isolation before important tournaments such as Copa America, Confed Cup and I'm sure we'll see the same before WC. that's who Luiz is, that's not a character like Cyrus (who was never like that before as far as I can say, don't follow the girl). So if the problem is his cheery attitude then why it doesn't affect his game when with the NT where he's even more playful off pitch than when he's with Chelsea?

Because JT makes them so infrequently that it's not symptomatic of a larger problem. It was a one-off that surprised everyone.

but my point wasn't that we should complain about Terry, but complain less about mistakes, regardless of who does them. I didn't say a word about Essien against Soton last month (except in a summary, in the match thread where the focus wasn't even Essien, but how Soton would have never scored if not for that mistake).

But I understand that's me and people are different. But if they're so willing about talking about a player's mistake, they should be the same about everyone else. Didn't Terry also fail in one of the goals we conceded against Stoke? Or was Sunderland? He does mistakes as anyone else, but as said many times, his mistakes and Gary's are rarely the big messes Luiz's are. Their are more subtle, but still mistakes that lead to goals or to exposing Cech...

I don't think you're gonna find a lot of, if any, bad comments on Terry, even if he makes mistakes. Take for example the one at Newcastle last season where his brainless tackle, which was very Luiz-esque, on the halfway line that led to Newcastle's equalizer. Hardly a word mentioned and all the focus then was on Benitez after the game because we lost and it's Benitez.

that's exactly my claim. I don't want us to start discussing JT or Lamps, or Cech's (although he doesn't escape the criticism despite being a legend to this club) or even Cahill's mistakes. I just think it isn't fair putting every little and big mistake Luiz makes in the microscope when the same isn't done with other, let's call it, fan-favorites. It's a double standard, but as TOPTB said, maybe that's because JT rarely makes a mistake (it's not that rare, but it's indeed less often).

Luiz had a streak of bad form, bad form makes you prone to make more mistakes. On his usual form his mistakes while noticeable because they normally involve a big mess, they aren't that frequent either. It's just that a lot of people has a microscope on him, expecting the mistakes, big and small and then that's all they talk about. Starting with the pundits.

For me one of the most stupid things I read in those recent posts is that JT/Cahill are the ones to praise for the recent defensive form. Willian is the reason why the team improved in defensive terms, the same way JT/Cahill were not the only ones to blame for conceding 7 goals in 2 matches.

True is, JT/Cahill barely had to work in recent games, because the defensive midfielder is looking solid in defensive terms. Actually I think at this point, some people still dont realize that the defensive system is much more than the CB pair. Sometimes a player like Willian is way more important in defensive terms than the CB pair.

Not a DM at all. Even the way he moves with the ball there - it's clear that he's a CB playing DM.

Luiz has good ball/passing skills for a CB, not for a CM/DM.

Hes not fast enough to play CM and he doesnt have positional awareness to play CM.

And this passion people talk about is the same passion Rafael has and gets himself into trouble in numerous games because of it.

His positioning, descipline, decision making and passing was just awful. If I hear more cries for him to be played in DM again, I might pull my hair out, especially now that we have reinforcement in matic. mikel should have been started instead then bring matic on in the 2ns half after the 3rd goal.

How can you even say this, considering the outcome of the game? Jesus christ...

Luiz played an important role today and I think he did quite good. Also, Luiz is who he is. I think Mourinho WANTS him to play like this. Its what we bought tbh. Also, you could clearly see a differance in the first and second half. Clearly tactics. You're simply not looking further than your nose.

His positioning, descipline, decision making and passing was just awful. If I hear more cries for him to be played in DM again, I might pull my hair out, especially now that we have reinforcement in matic. mikel should have been started instead then bring matic on in the 2ns half after the 3rd goal.

You became really annoying, man. Every time I read your posts in this topic I would like that my Abramovich Terminator would just terminate your Robert De Niro avatar.

Nearly gave me a heart attack in the first half. Needless yellow card and then he kept on getting on the wrong side of players and I was sure he would eventually catch someone and get a second yellow.

Luiz in midfield is not good for my nerves..

Doubt we will see him in midfield much anymore if Matic settles in quickly. I think today proved why he will not be playing CM consistently for us, at least not in the big teams. Not having a go at him because he is a CB and has done a decent job for us in MF in the last few games but if we want to be a top top team we cannot be playing a CB in CM.

Nearly gave me a heart attack in the first half. Needless yellow card and then he kept on getting on the wrong side of players and I was sure he would eventually catch someone and get a second yellow.

Luiz in midfield is not good for my nerves..

The consensus out there is that yellow card wasn't deserved at all. But somes fans thought he would get the yellow (including me). It seems Mourinho is a cool guy.