David Luiz

the wes

Not aimed at you mate but people are completely forgetting how good he was in the second half of last season...

Short term memory at it's finest. People are acting like Luiz has been playing like he has this season for his entire CFC career when that's not true whatsoever.

Not disagreeing with you, but I think we saw the best of Luiz as CENTRE-BACK those first couple of weeks right after we had signed him. He was spectacular, especially against City at home with his aggressive pressing and tackling, taking the ball out of defense to help with the build up play. Those performances made him into a sort of cult hero

Not disagreeing with you, but I think we saw the best of Luiz as CENTRE-BACK those first couple of weeks right after we had signed him. He was spectacular, especially against City at home with his aggressive pressing and tackling, taking the ball out of defense to help with the build up play. Those performances made him into a sort of cult hero

Remember this very well. What great performances those were. Shame many have forgotten that he's capable of this.

He adopted to us as soon as he put on a blue shirt, but didnt realy improved ever since.

Consistancy is main problem, but I dont see why Jose doesnt teach him how to be better defender and more consistent. He motivated Terry brilliantly, why cant he do the same with Luiz.

I hope he stays here for long time though.

I ususally avoid this thread as it's depressing to read some of the things written about our very own sideshow bob. It seems a lot of people want him to be this robotic perfect defender who makes the "right" decisions and avoids those horrendous "rushes of blood". That is not who he is, that is not who Chelsea bought, and that is not what he should become. He's lost that spontaneity, that exuberance, that amazing ability to make things harder than they need to be but make something special out of nothing. He is not Gary Cahill, he is not John Terry, he is not a "British" CB. I know people will come back with a defender's first job is to defend, but that's too easy, that's a copout. David Luiz is at his best, at his most influential when he can be creative, dangerous, and unorthodox. I'm sorry, but when you watch videos of his first season here you saw jubilation in his eyes, you saw excitement, and you saw passion. It was infectious among the team. Players lifted their games, the pace of our attacks improved, the team was exciting.

Now, he's the scapegoat, everyone has their magnifying glass out and some Chelsea fans rub their hands and become gleeful when that inevitable "rush of blood" happens. Gone are the regular forays upfield to overload the midfield, the dribbles that had bus-parking teams scratching their heads, and the frequent moments of genious that were discussed regularly at the water-cooler the next day. David Luiz has become a shell of the player that arrived. He is obviously being told to be more mechanical, more "traditional", more "British" in his positioning and risk-avoidance. But that isn't good enough for the traditionalists. "A defender's first job is to defend". To hell with that! We're driving a world-class, special, talented player out of Chelsea and it really makes me sad. No player is above the team, and obviously Chelsea's best interests are my best interests. Unfortunately, as a David Luiz fan, a fan with Luiz's name on the back of my jersey, I almost wish he would leave so that we can maintain that fantastically boring first pairing of Cahill/Terry where everyone will be happy that we won't be subject to Luiz's "deficiencies". Make no mistake, if he leaves and joins Barca or Bayern, they will exploit the very characteristics that some Chelsea fans love to hate. Those very characteristics that will make him a top 3 DEFENDER in the world. And then we'll be here sucking our thumbs wondering aloud "Why do we let the good ones get away?". Sorry for the rant, just felt like getting that off my chest. I know there are Luiz fans here who feel the same way, but I get sick of reading the other stuff.

Well said.

You should post more often B)

I ususally avoid this thread as it's depressing to read some of the things written about our very own sideshow bob. It seems a lot of people want him to be this robotic perfect defender who makes the "right" decisions and avoids those horrendous "rushes of blood". That is not who he is, that is not who Chelsea bought, and that is not what he should become. He's lost that spontaneity, that exuberance, that amazing ability to make things harder than they need to be but make something special out of nothing. He is not Gary Cahill, he is not John Terry, he is not a "British" CB. I know people will come back with a defender's first job is to defend, but that's too easy, that's a copout. David Luiz is at his best, at his most influential when he can be creative, dangerous, and unorthodox. I'm sorry, but when you watch videos of his first season here you saw jubilation in his eyes, you saw excitement, and you saw passion. It was infectious among the team. Players lifted their games, the pace of our attacks improved, the team was exciting.

Now, he's the scapegoat, everyone has their magnifying glass out and some Chelsea fans rub their hands and become gleeful when that inevitable "rush of blood" happens. Gone are the regular forays upfield to overload the midfield, the dribbles that had bus-parking teams scratching their heads, and the frequent moments of genious that were discussed regularly at the water-cooler the next day. David Luiz has become a shell of the player that arrived. He is obviously being told to be more mechanical, more "traditional", more "British" in his positioning and risk-avoidance. But that isn't good enough for the traditionalists. "A defender's first job is to defend". To hell with that! We're driving a world-class, special, talented player out of Chelsea and it really makes me sad. No player is above the team, and obviously Chelsea's best interests are my best interests. Unfortunately, as a David Luiz fan, a fan with Luiz's name on the back of my jersey, I almost wish he would leave so that we can maintain that fantastically boring first pairing of Cahill/Terry where everyone will be happy that we won't be subject to Luiz's "deficiencies". Make no mistake, if he leaves and joins Barca or Bayern, they will exploit the very characteristics that some Chelsea fans love to hate. Those very characteristics that will make him a top 3 DEFENDER in the world. And then we'll be here sucking our thumbs wondering aloud "Why do we let the good ones get away?". Sorry for the rant, just felt like getting that off my chest. I know there are Luiz fans here who feel the same way, but I get sick of reading the other stuff.

:clap:

Dont avoid this thread anymore..

Thanks guys... my post count is really low relative to the amount of time I spend lurking here. Every once in a while I'll get in the mood and throw a few posts out there, but for the most part I'm more of a behind the scenes kind of guy. I like reading, but I'll try to be less lazy and interact more.

:clap:

When people talk like you do, you make it sound like he's capable of turning water into vine.

He's been more than good enough for us. We bought him for who and what he is.

Water into vine? Yeah he must be good then.

I asked a question, how exactly do you come to the conclusion "When people talk like me" or is this your brain in balloon mode again?