David Luiz

the wes

Why is David Luiz now playing as DM?

I thought Mourinho did not like this before?

What changed?

Jose is a player - he plays the media and they love it. :)

The best managers have the keen ability of finding spots in the team for their best players. Terry and Cahill are in great form, and he obviously values Luiz as a player.

That outside of the boot quick flick to cole for the first goal is the type of move Mikel has never pulled off. Lampard does, but Lampard isn't as strong in defense as Luiz is. There was a moment in the match when Terry made a forward run and Luiz dropped back as a CB - very smoothly done.

BTW, I didn't think DL was amazing or anything like that, but he was key in the dominance we had, esp in the second half. Hull don't know what hit em - don't think they had a shot on our goal in the second half. That's very Mourinho.

After Liverpool game Mourinho said that he thinks Mourinho is a good DM, but for the style the wants the team to have, he thinks Luiz is not the kind of DM that would suit this playing style.

It seems Mourinho want a DM like Lampard, someone with attacking instincts.

No he doesn't, he would prefer to have someone like Thiago Motta/Khedira/Alonso, a no nonsense top class CDM. He is only playing Lampard regularly because he was loyal to him 1st time around

After Liverpool game Mourinho said that he thinks Mourinho is a good DM, but for the style the wants the team to have, he thinks Luiz is not the kind of DM that would suit this playing style.

It seems Mourinho want a DM like Lampard, someone with attacking instincts.

:confused:

lol

For the stats inclined: according to whoscored, Luiz was MotM with 10 aerial clearances... the entire hull side had 17.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720693/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Hull-Chelsea

terrible game indeed... :rolleyes:

lol

For the stats inclined: according to whoscored, Luiz was MotM with 10 aerial clearances... the entire hull side had 17.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720693/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Hull-Chelsea

terrible game indeed... :rolleyes:

actually Squawka (which is one I like the best because I can see the time when the play happened when I click on it and evaluate if I agree with them or not) gave him 16 clearances out of 16 (10 of which aerial duels), in addition to 4 interceptions. 16 clearances is just insane. 78% passing isn't that bad either. He had 8 long passes completed and missed 6 which is rather good considering the risk of a long pass. Two of those completed long passes were from the defensive half into the box. I remember the pass to Eden, but there was another at 49' and another one was from the defensive half right into the edge side of the box. If he doesn't play for us we don't have that kind of pass.

I wouldn't call that bad at all. Far from it.

http://epl.squawka.com/hull-city-vs-chelsea/11-01-2014/english-barclays-premier-league/matches

seriously cant understand how DL had a bad game. he did start slow, gave away the ball a couple of times in the start but later, he was running the show. literally.

and all those clearances, and interceptions aside, his passing was simply fabulous. every1 would remember AC's flick to EH for the goal, but DL's ball to AC was as important and impressive.

Excellent game defensively. He absolutely worked his butt off and kept running for 90 mins. Broke up so many attacks. On the ball he was rather bad. His passing was terrible at times, especially the start of the first half and his insistence on playing long balls gets very frustrating when the team is looking for a goal and he keeps playing long balls at a 10% accuracy.

Excellent game defensively. He absolutely worked his butt off and kept running for 90 mins. Broke up so many attacks. On the ball he was rather bad. His passing was terrible at times, especially the start of the first half and his insistence on playing long balls gets very frustrating when the team is looking for a goal and he keeps playing long balls at a 10% accuracy.

to be fair everyones passing was awful in the first half. even terry did his best to set up aluko on the half volley.

seriously cant understand how DL had a bad game. he did start slow, gave away the ball a couple of times in the start but later, he was running the show. literally.

and all those clearances, and interceptions aside, his passing was simply fabulous. every1 would remember AC's flick to EH for the goal, but DL's ball to AC was as important and impressive.

Exactly. He had a bad 30mins in the first half when he misplaced every pass. Like everyone was doing in the first half :doh:

But after that he was very good. His energy was immense, so many interceptions and tackles. It really reminded me of the brazilian NT pivot.

Gives us so much more than Mikel in that role ,we are told Mikel protects the back four,did Terry and Cahill need the mythical extra protection yesterday?

I think they were comfortable and Luiz was a big reason why we dominated the game and did not sit back and invite pressure.

Luiz must be in pole position to start v Utd I see an unchanged team and us taking the game to Utd ,not sitting back inviting pressure ,the sideways /backwards passes behind the full back can put you under more pressure than a misplaced long pass ,especially if the opposition know that is all you can do.

Luiz just needs to mix it up a bit more ,dont have a clue how the stats have him as MOTM over Hazard though ,but he had a very good game.