David Luiz

the wes

You clearly have not gone Specsavers or you choose to read what you want. Cahill is criticized constantly on this forum and if it is not in his player thread you will see the criticisms on the match forums. He really is not as popular as you make out. He gets tons of bashing from the fans.

Thats not true at all.

Cahill criticized? He's the media's darling purely to the fact he starts for the national team and they're trying to protect most of the players in a world cup year.

that's the completely wrong thing to do; we've learned the hard way in Brazil with the likes of Robinho and countless others before him.

If the player is not world class, he won't be able to handle world class opponents. It's just that simple.

If Mourinho is not a fan of Luiz, then by all means sell him, but do get a world class defender with real technical ability to handle world class attackers. Cahill is a fine player, but at this time I reckon he just isn't good enough for England or Chelsea when playing at the highest level.

that's the completely wrong thing to do; we've learned the hard way in Brazil with the likes of Robinho and countless others before him.

If the player is not world class, he won't be able to handle world class opponents. It's just that simple.

If Mourinho is not a fan of Luiz, then by all means sell him, but do get a world class defender with real technical ability to handle world class attackers. Cahill is a fine player, but at this time I reckon he just isn't good enough for England or Chelsea when playing at the highest level.

yep

he is just a bog standard premier league player. he is not at champions league/ world cup level

Benitez on Luiz...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2428278/Rafa-Benitez-feeling-love-Napoli-unwanted-Chelsea.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-chelseamail&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=socialnet-twitter-chelseamail&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Of all those he enjoyed working with at Chelsea, perhaps David Luiz stood out the most. The recent furore over his performance against Everton, and subsequent dropping for last night’s match, leaves Benitez unmoved.

‘He’s one of the best central defenders in the world,’ says Benitez. ‘I was coaching him and I can tell you he’s one of the best in the world, because he has everything. You just have to manage him properly — and then he is one of the best in the world.

‘I could explain exactly what I wanted and tactically he is very clever. He needs just the people who can give him the ideas and the instructions of what to do and then he will do them, because he is very clever.’

Untill he learns the basics of defending in the premier League like when to attack the ball and when to drop off ,he cant play at the back, simple.

Cahill and Terry are proper percentage defenders ,Luiz is unpredictable and that makes the whole team nervous.

He could be very good one day ,if he learns the basics of defending.

Untill he learns the basics of defending in the premier League like when to attack the ball and when to drop off ,he cant play at the back, simple.

Cahill and Terry are proper percentage defenders ,Luiz is unpredictable and that makes the whole team nervous.

He could be very good one day ,if he learns the basics of defending.

We will see about that along the season and for the national teams... B) Proper percentage defenders are good until they face their maker and then you lose.

I'd pay more attention to what the transfer market says, the same way you do when you talk about Mikel.

He would be brilliant on the continent and for Brazil ,only one problem ,this is England and different questions are asked of defenders . I could see him being brilliant in Spain.

Frank Lebouef learned how to play in England I think Luiz will as well ,he has great ability ,no doubt. Just when to twist and when to stick is his problem . He neeeds to watch videos every night of JT . When you can winthe ball you take evrything cleanly,when you cant you hold your shape and position yourself to block and shepherd.

He would be brilliant on the continent and for Brazil ,only one problem ,this is England and different questions are asked of defenders . I could see him being brilliant in Spain.

Frank Lebouef learned how to play in England I think Luiz will as well ,he has great ability ,no doubt. Just when to twist and when to stick is his problem . He neeeds to watch videos every night of JT . When you can winthe ball you take evrything cleanly,when you cant you hold your shape and position yourself to block and shepherd.

football as everything else has changed. Things are global now and Chelsea ambitions always include Europe. Just saying.

he needs to watch Marcel by far our best CB in my time

True but ,not performing well in our league and he was dropped today ane we looked very good at the back ,will effect his confidence and in turn his performance in European competition ,he needs to be our best defender and when he learns the basics he can be . Just get him to watch Terry videos on how to defend the percentages, where to position yourself . I think he has great talent but it needs work.