David Luiz

the wes

Was not involved in Everton's goal, but that'd be my criticism: don't think his moving up helped. Not sure it was wrong, since Everton were involving our midfielders at the time, so he moved up to try to intercept the play which is what he's good at.

Disagree with above. He's had a decent game along with his virtues of intercepting the ball - he did that many times. His deficiencies are mostly in the air and when he has to position, but thankfully David's deficiencies are precisely the virtues of our other defenders; they are all great in the air.

One could be disappointed wit Iva and Tery since they are so good in the air, but that was good save by Jelavic.

Was not involved in Everton's goal, but that'd be my criticism: don't think his moving up helped. Not sure it was wrong, since Everton were involving our midfielders at the time, so he moved up to try to intercept the play which is what he's good at.

Disagree with above. He's had a decent game along with his virtues of intercepting the ball - he did that many times. His deficiencies are mostly in the air and when he has to position, but thankfully David's deficiencies are precisely the virtues of our other defenders; they are all great in the air.

One could be disappointed wit Iva and Tery since they are so good in the air, but that was good save by Jelavic.

nope. watch the goal. luiz goes out of position, tries to intercept the ball. JT tries to lessen the space left by luiz. also iva was properly marking jelavic until luiz went out of position, but as soon as luiz moved ahead iva, moved towards JT to mark the now unmarked naismith.

so jelavic became free at the far post. but most concerning point was tthat luiz made no effort on coming back to his position or covering his team-mates.

and this was not the only incident in the match. even early on in the match luiz made a stupid run forward (in the first 20 minutes or so). showed no defensive discipline whatso ever thruout the match. could have been sent off easily. was sulking when cech decided to ping the ball ahead rather than pass to him and the way he held himself today was pathetic.

nope. watch the goal. luiz goes out of position, tries to intercept the ball. JT tries to lessen the space left by luiz. also iva was properly marking jelavic until luiz went out of position, but as soon as luiz moved ahead iva, moved towards JT to mark the now unmarked naismith.

so jelavic became free at the far post. but most concerning point was tthat luiz made no effort on coming back to his position or covering his team-mates.

and this was not the only incident in the match. even early on in the match luiz made a stupid run forward (in the first 20 minutes or so). showed no defensive discipline whatso ever thruout the match. could have been sent off easily. was sulking when cech decided to ping the ball ahead rather than pass to him and the way he held himself today was pathetic.

Jela lost Iva; because Iva was marking him at the beginning of the play but did not do a good job allowing the ball to be sent back into the box. JT was obviously not prepared for the live ball and also lost his man, but I reckon Iva mishap was the main cause for the goal.

My point remain he moved up *because* we were getting involved. So, you can't say had he not moved up we'd be able to cover... etc Because had he not moved up, the wide pass by the everton player wouldn't have been necessary as he might have gone straight for the goal. There was an opening there.

My bias here is that I dislike defenders in line inside our own box most of the time (used to be common in the EPL I know), especially in open play. No I am not sure his movement was good, as I don't know what Mourinho instructs him to do, but I also don't think it was the main cause for the goal as we had two defenders covering two everton players and the cross wasn't that great to be honest.

So, while I also question David's positioning (with the caveat that I am not 100% certain it was a bad move), I'd not call him the culprit; JT and Iva were just as, if not more, at fault there. They are supposed to be the dominant ones in the air after all, and prob the reason they were inside the box at that moment and David wasn't - perhaps just as instructed by Mou.

AWFUL. PATHETIC. HOPELESS. DISGRACEFUL PERFORMANCE.

All these words are fine to describe yourself. It seems you are one of those guys that only cares about short term results. You should avoid internet after a bad result. Take a breath, and return few hours later. This forum will be a better place, believe me.

All these words are fine to describe yourself. It seems you are one of those guys that only cares about short term results. You should avoid internet after a bad result. Take a breath, and return few hours later. This forum will be a better place, believe me.

He can't criticise him for a bad performance? You do that all the time

HAHA, what a hypocrite. Same thing you do about Lukaku etc. His reaction was a bit OTT but you don't need to defend every single Brazilian players all the time.

On David Luiz who ended the game as part of a defence reduced in numbers when Fernando Torres was brought on for Ashley Cole
'He played very well. What happened in the last minutes with a yellow card when maybe it could be a red is the kind of situation that occurs playing the way we were playing. We are not afraid to lose 2-0 to try to get a different result, but David was solid, very dominant and was building from the back.

On David Luiz who ended the game as part of a defence reduced in numbers when Fernando Torres was brought on for Ashley Cole

'He played very well. What happened in the last minutes with a yellow card when maybe it could be a red is the kind of situation that occurs playing the way we were playing. We are not afraid to lose 2-0 to try to get a different result, but David was solid, very dominant and was building from the back.

I am not denying he was good. he was rash sometimes but he did produce moments of quality as well. His ability with the ball at time was very exciting to see. Mikel saved him from getting a red though.